The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How far will the NHL go?

Your still suggesting the NHL helps certain teams win, which to a lesser degree is match fixing. My point is we live in a day of age that it's almost impossible to keep or cover up a secret, no matter how powerful the person or organization is. If the NHL tried to do this it's almost certain it would get leaked at some point. Whic would be a huge black eye for the NHL, they know this and know its too big of a risk.

On a separate note I don't really agree that the refs can influence a game that much. I believe that no matter how a game is called the better team and better coach will find a way to adapt to make it work in there favor. But that's a completely separate discussion.

Well a Chicago-Boston series would certainly lose (most) Vancouver viewers.

If Chicago were to beat Vancouver to the finals, I would like to see them face Toronto. If anything, it'll drive our eastern friends nuts and for once, people in Vancouver (and possibly even Montreal) would unite behind the Leafs. I certainly would.

If you think about it, a Canucks final will always make money. In a way it is like wrestling, everyone wants to boo the bad guys. In the NHL, we are the bad guys. It doesnt matter what team your a fan of, you will cheer for who ever is playing against us if your not a Canucks fan, usually. Go to the other teams boards on game days against us. There are always people popping in who are fans from other teams but coming to wish our opponents 'good luck'. So when the Canucks to the SCF, everyone watches.

Archived