Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canucks_fo_life

Matt Hackett to get the start vs Vancouver on Sunday

60 posts in this topic

Michael Russo@Russostrib

Matt Hackett recalled by #mnwild with Darcy Kuemper having a groin injury. Hackett likely to start Sunday vs #Canucks; Clutterbuck back Sat

This guy has played 12 NHL games, finished 9 of them, and hasn't played an NHL game in 2 years.

Vancouver has had this advantage a few times now playing these AHL goalies, and won only 1 of them, barely.

Okay, this is the one that we light up

This is completely blowing my mind. It's like the hockey gods have lined up every AHL goalie that has an NHL contract up to us as cannon fodder. Guarantee that Luongo starts this one.

So sick of getting our asses kicked by backups.

So sick of getting our asses kicked by backups.

My guess was a lost to the wild on Sunday night. Not because of bad play, but because another night were we can't score more then 3.

3-2 wild.

Has anyone noticed how many breakaway we miss a game?

Especially Higgins and Hansen, they could single handedly win us games if they worked on their breakaway moves lol.

Also, Minnesota plays in Nashville night before, while Canucks are off for 2 days, there is a huge advantage for the Canucks on top of playing Hackett, this town will go insane if the Canucks lose this one and rightfully so.

Well, he'll get to feel like a Vezina finalist on the Sunday...

Hackett is one of the best goalie prospects around, played great last season in his appearances

We'll be lucky to score 3 against him at the rate we're going.

Okay, this is the one that we light up

This is completely blowing my mind. It's like the hockey gods have lined up every AHL goalie that has an NHL contract up to us as cannon fodder. Guarantee that Luongo starts this one.

A dramatization of our power play:

pass pass fake shot pass pass miss net pass pass miss net pass pass miss net miss net miss net miss net etc etc...

Prove me wrong Canucks, prove me wrong please.

Backups always seem to stone the Canucks, for whatever reason. Looks like it's going to be another close goalie-duel, and our "All-Star" goalies are going to fall short again to an AHL kid.

Backups always seem to stone the Canucks, for whatever reason. Looks like it's going to be another close goalie-duel, and our "All-Star" goalies are going to fall short again to an AHL kid.