Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Proposal] Van-STL(Hamhuis for Shattenkirk)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

To STL-

Dan Hamhuis
Anton Rodin
2013 3rd

To Van-

Kevin Shattenkirk

Van gets a 1st pairing pass first RH D to play with Edler, STL gets a 1st pairing great all around LH D that they are looking for in their top 4.

Thoughts?

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,217 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

:picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,877 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yikes.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#4 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'd do it... doubt the Blues would be willing to part with him...
Posted Image

#5 Canuckas

Canuckas

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Edler, 1st, Rodin/Connauton/Sweatt

for

Shattenkirk and Sobotka.

Yeah sure.

#6 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

As of right now, I think that Hamhuis is better than Shattenkirk. This doesn't help us win the cup.

#7 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

:picard:

Don't know how this deserves a facepalm. Hamhuis was 10th in Norris voting last year, is a first pairing calibre D. Throw in a decent prospect and the pick and it's fair imo. If STL is willing to move Shattenkirk it's a deal that makes sense for both teams.

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,217 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Don't know how this deserves a facepalm. Hamhuis was 10th in Norris voting last year, is a first pairing calibre D. Throw in a decent prospect and the pick and it's fair imo. If STL is willing to move Shattenkirk it's a deal that makes sense for both teams.

If you think this makes sense for both teams you need help. Hamhuis is our best D man and is >> Shattenkirk

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#9 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

If you think this makes sense for both teams you need help. Hamhuis is our best D man and is >> Shattenkirk

Shattenkirk has the most points by a D in the league right now. Hamhuis is great ya but you have to give to get and Shattenkirk is a stud and fits our team better.

Edler-Shattenkirk
Garrison-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev

3 LHD
3 RHD

#10 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,163 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Thats all Steven Stamkos posts on cdc. He has nothing constructive to add to conversations and he overvalues all Canuck players. Don't waste your time bud.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#11 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

no. we aren't trading Dan Hamhuis. He is our best defender. Edler will be traded before Hamhuis.

Hamhuis is a BC boy that took a discount to be here and contributes a lot to the community. Would be a big slap in the face to trade him plus rodin and a draft for just Shattenkirk.

#12 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thats all Steven Stamkos posts on cdc. He has nothing constructive to add to conversations and he overvalues all Canuck players. Don't waste your time bud.

Yeah I've noticed that. Then he posts ridiculous trade proposals himself.

#13 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

I wrote a haiku for this topic.

No no no no no
No no no no no no no
No no no no no

no. we aren't trading Dan Hamhuis. He is our best defender. Edler will be traded before Hamhuis.

Hamhuis is a BC boy that took a discount to be here and contributes a lot to the community. Would be a big slap in the face to trade him plus rodin and a draft for just Shattenkirk.

Oh, buddy.

Edited by Jordan Eberle, 08 March 2013 - 03:43 PM.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#14 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,877 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Shattenkirk has the most points by a D in the league right now.

That should be proof enough that this trade is a dud. If you can't even look up which NHL defenceman leads in points right now (Letang BTW, with Kronwall second) then I guess we can't expect how you'd see adding pieces to Hamhuis to get Shattenkirk is bad.

Hamhuis has 3 less points than Shattenkirk in the same amount of games and is a better all around D-man, for chrissakes...

#15 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Oh, buddy.

not my fault you didn't read it properly...

"Would be a big slap in the face to trade him plus rodin and a draft for just Shattenkirk."

So you just highlight rodin and a draft for just shattenkirk. when I said trade him plus rodin and a draft pick for just shattenkirk

#16 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Shattenkirk has the most points by a D in the league right now. Hamhuis is great ya but you have to give to get and Shattenkirk is a stud and fits our team better.

Edler-Shattenkirk
Garrison-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev

3 LHD
3 RHD

Give him 6 bonus points and yeah he is the leader but..

POS NAME Team GP G A PTS +/- PPG SHG GWG PIM SHOTS PCT ATOI D Kris Letang PIT 21 3 19 22 6 0 0 0 8 49 6.12 26:05 D Niklas Kronwall DET 24 3 15 18 -2 1 0 2 26 39 7.69 23:55 D Kimmo Timonen PHI 25 3 14 17 1 2 0 0 26 42 7.14 21:07 D Kevin Shattenkirk STL 23 2 15 17 -2 2 0 0 10 38 5.26 22:20 D Brian Campbell FLA 24 6 10 16 -13 5 0 2 12 38 15.79 25:51

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#17 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Oh, the irony.

Seriously, do you think Shattenkirk is an upgrade on Hamhuis? We have enough problems with defenseman unable to "buy into our system" with Garrison, Ballard, obviously Barker....do we really want to trade our best all-around defenseman for a guy who "puts up points" and may flop like Garrison/Ballard? Shattenkirk is a good defenseman, but not worth an established guy like Hammer. Shats isn't what we need. Not right now at least.

/=S=/

#18 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,217 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

'Facepalms are all I post' :lol: Nice over-exagerration there. I only use it when necessary, this was a time when it was needed.

#19 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Dumb proposal. You said it yourself.
Posted Image

#20 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,877 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Oh, the irony.

Seriously, do you think Shattenkirk is an upgrade on Hamhuis? We have enough problems with defenseman unable to "buy into our system" with Garrison, Ballard, obviously Barker....do we really want to trade our best all-around defenseman for a guy who "puts up points" and may flop like Garrison/Ballard? Shattenkirk is a good defenseman, but not worth an established guy like Hammer. Shats isn't what we need. Not right now at least.

Nobody needs the Shats, not ever.

#21 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,163 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Oh, the irony.

I don't see the irony...

and I never said Shattenkirk is an upgrade, I just don't think this trade proposal is sooo bad that it is worthy a face palm. The OP actually raises an interesting point that we are in dire need of a right handed d-man which I'm sure SS Mullet over there is completely oblivious to. I think we need Hamhuis in the playoffs and I don't even think St.Louis would do it. Why would they trade a young d-man who has 17 points in 23 games? I do agree that we need a right handed D as well as an actual playmaker on the second line. I think Edler is capable of getting us this at least before his value drops significantly to the point where we're stuck with him. Edler is a good offensive player but when it comes to playing defense, you know the position he's paid to play, he craps the bed. I like my d-men to be good defensively. Go figure right?

I'm thinking Edler for Polak and Steen.

Edited by Doug The Thug Glatt, 08 March 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#22 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

if theres one player you never ever see in proposals, its dan hamhuis....so take a mental note
Posted Image

#23 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

To STL-

Dan Hamhuis
Anton Rodin
2013 3rd

To Van-

Kevin Shattenkirk

Van gets a 1st pairing pass first RH D to play with Edler, STL gets a 1st pairing great all around LH D that they are looking for in their top 4.

Thoughts?

I think Hamhuis is a much better overall player. if anything it should be St. Louis adding.

Do not want to trade Hamhuis.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#24 heysoulsisters21

heysoulsisters21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

worse than tavares deal :(

what a hypocrite

#25 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,527 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

I probably wouldn't do this, only because we have enough offensive d-men.

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#26 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

worse than tavares deal :(

what a hypocrite

No it's not, not even close. Even thinking that the Islanders would want to move Tavares is insane.

#27 Canuckas

Canuckas

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Does Dan waive his NTC to go to St.Louis?... The answer is No,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.