The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Long term shakeup

Alright, call me crazy for some of the things ill propose but to me the canucks are becoming very stale.

What has changed to our line up that couldn't win the cup. Not a whole lot. Now I'm not saying everything has to change now but from now until next season these are things I'd either do or seriously consider.

The "trade". Obviously we have a timeline to trade a goalie. The cap going down coupled with less demand makes Luo a bit harder to trade

The need for a better balanced d core. We have a lot of depth but its unbalanced we have 4 top 4 left side d.

I'm all for giving av this year but is his coaching style that is hurting the canucks? We need a different mindset going forward maybe it's time to change it up

Alright here's the crazy part.. It would be a shakeup in the locker room. It could be someone else but he's the first that comes to mind. Trade Kesler. More on that shortly.

Just a feeling but I could see Schneider being traded(not that id want that, just the present market)

I recently made a post trading schneids to Columbus. Considering I just proposed trading Kesler a guy like Jenner coming back would be helpful. Brassard as well. I would do this trade this year.

Van-Jenner, mason/bobrovsky brassard boll and a 2nd

Col- Schneider, Raymond wiese

Or maybe

Van- riberio, Carlson, neuvirth

Wash- Schneider, Raymond Ballard

Something along those lines...

At the draft.

Kesler to Detroit starts with a 1st an someone like jurco or Tatar. Kes has a limited ntc but I can pretty much guarantee he'd be fine with Detroit. Depending on who we picked up from the goalie trade would determine what we ask for Kesler.

Give gillis this year an let him know it. Maybe he'll show a bit more enthusiasm. If he doesn't perform next year is a biiiiig shakeup with a new lineup and coach.

Change Ballard in for picks or a RHD this year. I've seen a few posts but I like white from det the best.

There's many options out there but ideally it would be nice/needed to drop salary in trading Ballard.

Just as a note I'm a big fan of Schneider Ballard and Kesler. It would be very tough to lose them. But we are running with pretty much the same team who got beat in 5 last year and lost in the scf.

Flame on flamers!!!!!!!!

Washington trade I would do, trading kesler would be hard, but if he comes back and doesnt play too well and struggles in the playoffs thats not gonna be good. Still he deserves a full year and legit proper wingers not a carousel before we even think of trading Kesler

Archived