The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ESPN] Jump on board the Blackhawks bandwagon!

"Everybody wants to look at the stats all year and talk about what they do well and how good of a team they(Blackhawks) are," "And that's what's frustrating because we(Canucks) are not exposing them for what they really are.

"We(Canucks) know that we can be a better team than them. We just haven't shown it yet ... That's what's frustrating, that we can't show what we're capable of as a team right now."

I find myself wondering if the Canucks were run by Stan Bowman and his Dad Scotty was head of hockey operations, how quick this team would turn around in terms of reputation and ability.

Stan would make sure we got the best prospects, and we'd draft better. (Probably completely revamp our scouting staff)

He'd also make sure we had players signed to sane contract lengths a fair value for both the player and team.

In short it would take probably 3-4 years, but I'd be we'd get a cup sooner rather than later.

Sorry Gillis no offense, but Scotty and Stan are probably to two best hockey minds in the game.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very jealous of the Hawks.

1. They won a cup.

2. They beat us in the playoffs when we were the favorited cup winners.

3. They get league wide respect and we get hated. They get the Red Wings treatment.

4. They seem like they are better than us, again. At least we swapped places with the Avs and the Oilers, and got to kick their butts for a while.

Archived