29 replies to this topic

#1 Pavel Burrows

Pavel Burrows

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Nicklas Jensen has been assigned to Chicago Wolves of the Ahl.

http://blogs.theprov...oin-ahl-wolves/

Maybe they are calling him up.

We could use him baddddddd.

Edited by Pavel Burrows, 08 March 2013 - 04:43 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to VC!

#2 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,358 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Only one league away...
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#3 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Call him up NOW! We need him badly.

We are playing terrible. We need to shake our team up.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#4 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,241 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Raymond - Booth
Jensen - Schroeder - Hansen
Kassian - Lapierre - Weise

Get him into the game with someone he's familiar with (played with Schroeder briefly in the AHL) and a fellow Dane in Hansen with limited time but an offensive role and see how he goes from there. This team needs a youth-infusion and a skilled shooter desperately. Would love to see what he does with the twins on this woefull PP:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Edler - Garrison
Posted Image

#5 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,957 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Here's an idea to improve the PP - get Edler off the PP!

Edited by Dazzle, 08 March 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#6 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Are there any issues with calling Jensen up to the NHL? Does he have to clear waivers under the new CBA since he played in europe this year? I've been trying to find the answer. Could someone clear this up that knows?

If he can be called up without any issues I sure hope we do actually call him up. We need some scoring asap and he might be the spark to get this team going... he looked damn good in pre-season the year prior and has played well with the AIK

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Are there any issues with calling Jensen up to the NHL? Does he have to clear waivers under the new CBA since he played in europe this year? I've been trying to find the answer. Could someone clear this up that knows?

If he can be called up without any issues I sure hope we do actually call him up. We need some scoring asap and he might be the spark to get this team going... he looked damn good in pre-season the year prior and has played well with the AIK

as a player on an ELC he does not need to clear waivers. He wont be called up right away - but maybe in a few weeks. Most of our problems are at centre not on the wings.

#8 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

As stated there is no waivers - as is on a ELC.

If he plays 5 games in the NHL - it will burn a year of his contract.
Posted Image

#9 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,158 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Give him a couple weeks in the AHL and see where he's at.

Obviously if he starts scoring a goal a game, they're going to call him up.

We'll have to wait and see if his last stint in the AHL was just an anomaly, or if he's ready to play at this level. Hopefully that will start to get answered on Saturday.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#10 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

as a player on an ELC he does not need to clear waivers. He wont be called up right away - but maybe in a few weeks. Most of our problems are at centre not on the wings.

As stated there is no waivers - as is on a ELC. If he plays 5 games in the NHL - it will burn a year of his contract.

Thanks for the info guys. It will be interesting to see how he does in the AHL for the next little while. If he's producing consistently then it might be worth the call up to see how he does. Hansen and Jensen on a line together would be awesome

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Pyrene

Pyrene

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

I hate how his stats aren't reflective of how he played; getting benched for entire games but still showing up as a game played? sucks.

#12 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hold on your horses you guys... Don't you think he need to stick around in the AHL to get used to the smaller ice, before we have to call him up..? Give him about 2 weeks before we need him..

#13 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Yeah I say he gets called up in a couple weeks.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#14 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

Can't wait to see how he does.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#15 Kent.S

Kent.S

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

http://forum.canucks...0#entry11200455

It's already posted and being discussed.

#16 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Nicklas Jensen has been assigned to Chicago Wolves of the Ahl.

http://blogs.theprov...oin-ahl-wolves/

Maybe they are calling him up.

We could use him baddddddd.

He's not ready. Bringing him up too soon would be a huge mistake. Putting the pressure on him to fix what is a Cancucks team problem is just too much on this guy.
Fire AV!

#17 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Is he playing tonight, can we watch the game?

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#18 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Slow down people, give him some AHL games first. We'll see how he performs. If he really lights it up, they'll call him up.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#19 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

He should take 3-6 weeks of playing time to get up to speed on NA style hockey. Then another 3-6 weeks after he's called up in the NHL to really see how he's faring.

#20 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

You guys seriously think he's gonna get a call up this season? I highly doubt the Canucks would choose to try out a rookie at this point in this season when they have an abundance of proven NHL wingers. Let him tear it up with the Wolves for the rest of the season and hopefully they can make a deep playoff run. After that Jensen will have a chance to prove himself in the NHL next season.

#21 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

You guys seriously think he's gonna get a call up this season? I highly doubt the Canucks would choose to try out a rookie at this point in this season when they have an abundance of proven NHL wingers. Let him tear it up with the Wolves for the rest of the season and hopefully they can make a deep playoff run. After that Jensen will have a chance to prove himself in the NHL next season.

When the abundance of proven wingers can get nothing done on the powerplay we might as well give a young, one-shot scorer a chance. We'll give him 5 games to analyse what we have on our hands and to see what moves we'll need to make in the off-season.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#22 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

When the abundance of proven wingers can get nothing done on the powerplay we might as well give a young, one-shot scorer a chance. We'll give him 5 games to analyse what we have on our hands and to see what moves we'll need to make in the off-season.

We'll give him 5 games? Good to know the kid's future is safe in your hands Mr. Gillis
by the way could you possibly work on getting us some centre help?

They won't be bringing him up anytime soon so i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Even if they did, do you really think AV will play him quality minutes?
I don't know why some of you waste your time with your dream lineups...they will not come to fruition.

#23 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Wanna bet? 50 bucks says he doesn't get a call up

#24 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

It would be foolish to not see what level he is really at in comparison to NHL players and how he competes at that level. Sure it may not be until the trade deadline or the end of the season but if we realize that we have a capable player on our hands who could play top 9 minutes next year at a really cheap cap hit it would save us money on a potential free agent acquisition or assets in a trade. Jensen is a lethal offensive player and he's showing that he isn't a defensive liability in the AHL right now.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#25 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Not like we have much to lose at this point the way we have been playing.
I played for the Leafs for three years, Im used to the booing so it wont affect me - Kyle Wellwood

#26 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Call him up for 4 games and evaluate him then

#27 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

If he looks good in the AHL there's no reason he cdnt get a couple of games.

#28 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

It would be foolish to not see what level he is really at in comparison to NHL players and how he competes at that level. Sure it may not be until the trade deadline or the end of the season but if we realize that we have a capable player on our hands who could play top 9 minutes next year at a really cheap cap hit it would save us money on a potential free agent acquisition or assets in a trade. Jensen is a lethal offensive player and he's showing that he isn't a defensive liability in the AHL right now.

You're like a brick wall aren't you.

Jensen can be evaluated next season in TRAINING CAMP, kind of what that's for. Calling up Jensen this season isn't going to help him or the Canucks. You just have wet panties at the thought of the Canucks having a legit offensive prospect, which Jensen even probably is but guess what HE'S NOT PLAYING IN THE NHL THIS YEAR. He's developing in the Ahl for a reason; because he needs it.

If Jensen plays a single game for the Canucks this year you have my full permission to put this in my sig and make fun of me all you want.

#29 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Raymond - Booth
Jensen - Schroeder - Hansen
Kassian - Lapierre - Weise

Get him into the game with someone he's familiar with (played with Schroeder briefly in the AHL) and a fellow Dane in Hansen with limited time but an offensive role and see how he goes from there. This team needs a youth-infusion and a skilled shooter desperately. Would love to see what he does with the twins on this woefull PP:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Edler - Garrison

Wow how did I miss this? This is even better, TWO (not nhl ready) ROOKIES ON THE THIRD LINE. You people are bananas.

#30 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Hope to see some combination of Archibald-Schroeder-Jensen on the PP. Archie screening up front for tips and rebounds, Schroeder on the point - just kidding, Alain :rolleyes:; he belongs on the half-wall and always will - and Jensen on the opposite side for one-timers or just plain ol' sniping.

Price and Connauton manning the points on their off-side for the shooting angle. All-Prospect PP here we come!
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.