The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christy just spent 2.7 million on yet another photo op

I'm suprised the memo has yet to make an apperance ...

Seriously though - I am no fan of the BC Liberals but the only issue I have is her picture being included. The money was provided by the tax payers not the BC Liberal party and this close to an election it should not include any politicians in the pictures. Surley there are enough minor football players out there and season ticket holders that would be more reflective of the community nature of the CFL than politicians.

For me the issue is not the money being spent as I believe its a good investment - the issue is this close to an election no politician should be using tax money to politic. This is no different than the new commercials running bragging about the budget - there are better uses for that money.

Sports should not be politicized and exploited for political gain - agree with the funding but disagree that she gets to use it for personal gain. Take her out and put some kids in the photo!!!!!

It's a great move for the province. Doesn't matter if it's Clark or Dix or anyone else who make sit happen. The Grey Cup is beneficial to BC's economy.

Oh and I still hate Christie Clark.......but i'd tap that in a minute

Say what you want about her but I expect and want any premier of bc to do this. Maybe it's a photo op but she is the premier and she did just make a decision to spend money and bring the grey cup here. So in my mind, whether we like her or not, she deserves to be in this photo. I'm not at all a Christy supporter but this is a no brainer.

I have somewhat of a funny story about her actually regarding stupid photo ops. I was hospitalized after surviving that huge sawmill explosion in PG last year and suffered gnarly burns on my arms, neck and milder ones on the bottom part of my face. They were feeding me 2 different kinds of morphine, one that released slowly throughout the day and one heavy shot right before they cleaned my burns. So I just got the heavy shot and my burns cleaned but hated how the morphine made me feel. You just feel restless and gross so my friend was there and she asked me if I wanted to smoke a doobie. I was like hell yeah I'm in pain and can't rest, this is perfect. So we go for a stroll around the block and blast one and by the time I get back to the hospital I'm freaking mangled because the morphine now kicked in full tilt too. I get back to my floor and the nurse is like "Thad, the premier christy Clarke is here, she wants to meet you". I'm like what?? I don't think that's a good idea right now lol. Anyways I ended up agreeing to have a sit down with her with no cameras but I was completely out to lunch and not making much sense haha. I think I was trying to say something about the torch in the finals but couldn't figure the words out. My dad ended up taking over the conversation cus I went full retard.. She seemed real nice, but then again, I was high as a kite lol

Archived