The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christy just spent 2.7 million on yet another photo op

BC Rail

Attempted to sell off BC Liquor Stores.

Was going to sell BC Hydro, something that makes money, and secures our energy future.

Plundering BC Hydro and ICBC for funds to cover their budget, instead of trying to keep rates down.

Building extensions and upgrades to hospitals, and then closing wards.

Changing BC Transit into different companies and adding more layers of administration, instead of simplifying it and making it more efficient, and more long term vision. (For example the Canada Line is already at full capacity at rush hour, and there is no room in the stations, for expansion for larger trains).

New Seabuses and ferries are being built overseas, no jobs in our own shipyards, yet the federal government will use our shipyards on it's naval contracts.

BC Ferries mismanagement, nuff said.

Question marks on the new Port Mann bridge in terms of design, and construction.

(The company that built it is being sued by former clients as well)

Toxic atmosphere between government and Teachers, Nurses, Doctors, etc.

Not giving first responders like Paramedics competitive wages compared to other provinces.

Not looking at maybe other options to RCMP in BC, so we can have more accountability. (Perhaps reviving the BCPP)

No investment in job creation in new and emerging markets, and high technology.

Basically the Libs are out to help it's political contributors instead of doing whats best for the people of BC.

Ethnic Vote Scandal - Like every party doesn't have a memo and a plan on how sway certain voters.

Basi/Virk

BC Rail.

HST - Nothing wrong with the HST and now we are paying for it because of the NDP and Vanderscam

Smart Meters - You think the NDP would have done anything different.

Raid on the Legislature

Tearing up Union (HEU) Contracts - Good, Overpriced workers wanting to do less work.

Gordo's Drunk Driving - Get over it, Dix didn't pay his transit fare.

Closing Courthouses

Cutbacks to Legal Aid

Raising MSP Premiums - You expect it to go down?

Cuts to School Boards Province Wide

2010 Olympics - Blame the NDP, they are the ones that were in power when the bid was made. Liberals had no choice but to go through with it. BTW, the games were a pretty big success.

Selling of BC Gas

Exporting Law Logs to China and elsewhere - I assume you meant raw logs. So where were we supposed to export them? Exports make you $.

Health Care has worsened - Blame all the immigrants that have come over with all their sick relatives sucking up the system. Hard for it to get better when a whole family is paying the premium of one. You can also blame all the people that abuse the system with useless doctor and hospital visits. You have a cold, stay home! You don't need to go to the ER.

That's all I got for now.

Let me comment on the post by zero-One-three

"Tearing up Union (HEU) Contracts - Good, Overpriced workers wanting to do less work."

The people by those contracts are far from being overpriced and far from not wanting to do more work. The people who are covered by them are the RCA's ( nurses aides ) - unit clerks - lab assistants - Plant Services - Mental Health workers - Sterile processesing techs - Health Record tech's - Support services ( food - hskp and stores ) and a 100 more titles.

Before the election Mr Campbell said that an HEU worker would feel more supported in the work they do - and he promptly ripped out their contract and brought in foriegn national companies. Not one penny was saved. The workers who use to make 16-17 bucks an hour now make 11-13 with few benifits. Those workers only shop in the Walmarts and are very transient in nature because the wages are too low to support anyone but singles living at home. The standard of housekeeping has tanked and the food is horrible. It is not the fault of the workers they actually do small miracles with what they have - its just that corperate profits are impacted by things like extra soap - seconds on food - better quality meat etc .

The BC Liberals made HEU to them what Margret Thatcher did to the Miners - singled them out for destruction as a warning to all other unions.

I work in nursing care these days and a couple of years ago we had lunch in the cafeteria with a crew of contractors that where working in our department on a pipe repair issue. The forman joked that I should be buying lunch as I make so much money but that after what he saw me do that day he wanted to buy me lunch. We had a really rough shift and the workers had watched us in dealing with those patients and familes through tragedy. I asked the guy why he thought I was so rich and he said the BC Liberals said we made 35 bucks an hour plus and 9 week vacation - I showed him my pay stub - $20 bucks an hour and 5 and 1/2 weeks vacation after 18 years. He said "I pay the kid with the broom better - you folks are really underpaid for what you do!"

The moral of this story - The line about health care workers being overpaid and not working was a fabricated lie of the BC Liberal party propoganda machine and anyone still spouting it needs to know 2 things

1 - It was completly untrue and only someone who is not thinking for themselves would still believe it

2 - The BC Liberals of today no longer use that line or support it - even they know its wrong.

A nurses aide in Saskatchewan makes about the same as here in BC with a dramatic difference in cost of living. I would suggest you find someone who works in nursing and in particular Residential care - those folks work extremely hard

In North America the #1 injured occupation is bedside nursing care providers ( this covers RN's - LPN's and RCA's ). One in 10 will suffer a carrer ending work related injury during their work life. That is higher than an other occupation in North America...

While on the subject of HEU contract being ripped off. Kevin Kruger referred to HEU workers as "Toilet Cleaners". He also had the nerve to use morning prays in the Legislature to give partisan thanks to Bill 37 and beseech HEU members to make the "right" choices. That sad sight of a person is quite the peace of work.

What lengths the Photo OP Queen will go too. I'm surprised we haven't seen her visiting Hospitals yet and getting Photo OP's with patients who are Terminally ill. They could work Nurses into the Photo OP's too, who have suddenly becoming buddy buddy with MacDiarmid, who spoke at recent Nurses event. Nurses were clapping for her.

Liberal math always fascinates me. Tell me how 2.7 million tax-dollars is gonna turn into 100 million?

Are you trying to tell me that every dollar generated by the Grey Cup comes back to the government coffers?

If not, then it's not an over 100 million return on a 2.7 million investment, is it?

And your wrong, this is the first time a province has bought the Grey Cup. The BC Liberals are so desperate for votes that they forked over 2.7 million tax dollars when their Liberal cronies came looking for corporate welfare.

This is nothing more than the BC Liberal government and their back-room-deal supporters setting up another Christy photo op under the guise of fiscal management.

The Christy kool-aid drinkers beleive what they want to, but for everyone else, we can see the same cast of rats involved with this Grey Cup/Christy photo op.

Let's examine how this came about..

Clark said the province has already allocated the money after the Lions made a request for funding. Crown-owned stadium operator B.C. Pavilion Corp. has disclosed a provincial grant of $2.7 million as part of its bid for the game.

Embattled Clark, who is about to enter a difficult election campaign, said the announcement also proved that Liberals made "the right decision" to invest in B.C. Place Stadium's new retractable roof, which has been in operation since September 2011.

This would be laughable if it wasn't so moronic. She is saying that spending 2.7 million in tax dollars justifies her Liberals decision to spend 514 million? Liberal math, you gotta love it!

Now let's see why Christy would make such an asinine statement...

PavCo, which owns and operates BC Place, is governed primarily by the British Columbia Enterprise Corporation Act, which names it an Agent of the government, binds it by the same laws as the government, and gives it the same immunities as the government.

On May 16, 2008, it was announced that over $150 million in major renovations would be carried out on BC Place Stadium. The official budget for the completed Phase 1 upgrades plus the revitalization project was $514 million.

Yes. The same group of Liberal insiders that balloned the BC Place hole in the roof from 150 million to 514 million. OOPS! That's only off by almost 400 million, no big deal. The Liberals are good fiscal managers after all, right?

No other province has handed over tax payer dollars to host the Grey Cup. Then again, no other province has Christy and her Liberal clowns running the show either.

Doesn't this one really capture Christy's pretty smile??

8071026.bin.jpg

Archived