The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks sued over $1.1 million hiring and firing of Chelsea F.C. sports shrink

Samuel Påhlsson

It sounds like the real beef the guy has is with the government, who is alluvasudden 'pro-Canadian jobs' here when they're fine with bringing people in from wherever to work for their own projects.

Can't deny Bruno's success in Chelsea. He inherited a team with busted-up star players and oversaw them becoming relatively bulletproof champions almost immediately. All him? No. Helped? Most likely.

Faq managing to lure him over here is quite astounding. Indicates he's willing to go all out to improve his team. Unfortunately this move blew up, and it remains to be seen whether any impact was felt during his brief stay here. (Likely not, as our team is still getting hurt.)

Just as it was with Chelsea, INJURIES are a major concern with the Canucks. Not 'weak minds' or whatever people think a sports psychologist helps with. Bruno was hired to reduce man-games lost to injury. Injuries were why we lost to Boston, and if we have some sortof science guru onboard to prevent them, then yay.

So, um, which government-required CANADIAN guy replaced Bruno here?

It sounds like the real beef the guy has is with the government, who is alluvasudden 'pro-Canadian jobs' here when they're fine with bringing people in from wherever to work for their own projects.

Can't deny Bruno's success in Chelsea. He inherited a team with busted-up star players and oversaw them becoming relatively bulletproof champions almost immediately. All him? No. Helped? Most likely.

Faq managing to lure him over here is quite astounding. Indicates he's willing to go all out to improve his team. Unfortunately this move blew up, and it remains to be seen whether any impact was felt during his brief stay here. (Likely not, as our team is still getting hurt.)

Just as it was with Chelsea, INJURIES are a major concern with the Canucks. Not 'weak minds' or whatever people think a sports psychologist helps with. Bruno was hired to reduce man-games lost to injury. Injuries were why we lost to Boston, and if we have some sortof science guru onboard to prevent them, then yay.

So, um, which government-required CANADIAN guy replaced Bruno here?

And if Bruno's objective in Chelsea was to get their stars able to play into their 40's, y'know what that tells me? That Luongo, the guy with Italian heritage, not Schneider, will be the goaltender to be retained by Faq's Canucks.

Given the increase in Strombone's popularity, abd the overall decrease in fan faith in Cory's abilities here, you can see how this is quite possible.

Besides, it's MUCH easier to trade Cory than it is Roberto. But we'll see.

Again, i'm happy that the franchise is doing some interesting off-ice stuff to gain an advantage, but the follow-through needs improvement.

Sure it's the point. Would the compensation be more than $400k? The guy is suing for mental distress and all sorts of crap. Good luck. In this form, the government causes pretty much EVERYONE some mental distress.

That's really not the point though. Someone offers you a certain amount of money to entice you and your family to move to a different country, and then doesn't follow through(with no wrong doing of your own)...I think anyone would be pissed and have a case against that organization.

Everybody saying out players are mentally weak or are in a poor state of mind are completely clueless as to what a sports psychologist does. They don't sit there and ask a player why they're feeling sad and try and fix it. They help them with goal setting, motivation, preparation, training, debriefing, etc. Being a professional athlete takes a lot more than being in good physical shape, you have to perfect every controllable aspect of your life. That's what a sports psychologist helps the athletes do.

And yes, Aquillini is a slimeball for signing somebody to a contract and simply letting him go with no reparation, though the "mental distress" is a little overkill.

Mental distress lol.. Didnt he basically get 400k for not having to do anything? Now he wants 1.1million? I got blown up in a sawmill and suffered gnarly burns and nobody is giving me a million bucks haha

Just pay for my gas money and meals and I'll drive from PG to Van and listen to luongo's problems. If I get there and you don't need me, no worries, it's cool, just gimme a coupon for megabite and call er even.

“During the visit, Aquilini told the plaintiff that he was very concerned about the physical and psychological condition of the Canucks players, and the negative impact it had on their performance in the [2011] Stanley Cup final,” the B.C. Supreme Court lawsuit says.

Ask anybody who has done business with FAQ and you may be surprised at the answer. I have one close friend who has done just that and Mr. Aq doesn't get rave reviews (though his dad does). I myself have never met the man however where there's smoke...

Archived