The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider to Edmonton

Edmonton has a bright future and don't look now, but they are about to get another lottery pick.

The goalie market is shrinking:

Holtby is finding his groove

Lindback sucks but Tampa has that young Russian kid Viselevski or something- and they would try him out before trading for schneider.

Florida- well their goaltending is terrible, but maybe Markstrom will pull through

CBJ- their goaltending is not good enough to make the playoffs but they likely will not move their lottery pick.

Edmonton- needs a goalie- another rookie centerman or winger will not help them much, they need D men and a goalie.

Unless they get the first pick overall of unless at the draft they do not get Jones, then that pick will not help them a whole lot- are you going to put Barkov or McKinnon on the third line with their dud bottom 6?

ppl in EDM hate on gagner, but he is their leading scorer.

So proposals:

Schneider

Ballard

for

Eberle

Ballard would actually help their top 4 out.

They retain their lottery pick and now that moved a forward for a goalie- it makes sense for them to draft another skill forward.

I would prefer to get a centre from them but they would have to give us Ganger and their 1st (in which case I might add in our first) or the give us Nuge, but I doubt they give us a center

a final note- their team salary structure- this team is a few years from a playoff spot, I mean if they cannot crack it in a short season where 7 of their players played closely for the entire lockout, then an 82 game schedule against prepared veterans is not going to be any easier.

That being said in 3 years, all 6 of their big guns will have had a RFA period and that means they are all going to want 4.5-6 mill, especially as they will want raises on their base salaries of 3.77 mill.

Schultz-5 mill

Yakupov-5 mill

Huge - 6 mill

Eberle-6 mil

Hall-6 mill

Ganger-5 mill (I know thats high, but how do say no to a 22 yr old centre who leads this team in scoring.

Thats = 33 million in 6 players 5 out of those 6 are forwards...

My point is they need to distribute some sallary to other positions and lets be honest, schneider wont be making much more than dubnyk (who is not a starter on a playoff team)

flame on

Sign me up. It makes sense really, they are going to get a top 3 pick this year(Mackinnon, Drouin) If I was them I'd want to fill a hole where there is a massive one and thats in net. They love him in EDM though so doubt Tambo would do it. Makes sense for both teams though. Young up and coming superstar goalie for young up and coming superstar forward. I'd even throw in our first to try and get it done.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Eberle

Higgins-______-Hansen

Sestito-Lapierre-Kassian

Luongo

Backup G

Trade Raymond for 3L C

you dont think dubnyk is a good goalie? with toronto improving on their team defence edmonton now has to be to worst in the league. devin is a good goalie edmonton needs a couple shut down D and get their young forwards to help out a little more in their own end .

Sign me up. It makes sense really, they are going to get a top 3 pick this year(Mackinnon, Drouin) If I was them I'd want to fill a hole where there is a massive one and thats in net. They love him in EDM though so doubt Tambo would do it. Makes sense for both teams though. Young up and coming superstar goalie for young up and coming superstar forward. I'd even throw in our first to try and get it done.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Eberle

Higgins-______-Hansen

Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

Luongo

Backup G

Trade Raymond for 3L C

you dont think dubnyk is a good goalie? with toronto improving on their team defence edmonton now has to be to worst in the league. devin is a good goalie edmonton needs a couple shut down D and get their young forwards to help out a little more in their own end .

Archived