25 replies to this topic

#1 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

Edmonton has a bright future and don't look now, but they are about to get another lottery pick.
The goalie market is shrinking:
Holtby is finding his groove
Lindback sucks but Tampa has that young Russian kid Viselevski or something- and they would try him out before trading for schneider.
Florida- well their goaltending is terrible, but maybe Markstrom will pull through
CBJ- their goaltending is not good enough to make the playoffs but they likely will not move their lottery pick.
Edmonton- needs a goalie- another rookie centerman or winger will not help them much, they need D men and a goalie.
Unless they get the first pick overall of unless at the draft they do not get Jones, then that pick will not help them a whole lot- are you going to put Barkov or McKinnon on the third line with their dud bottom 6?
ppl in EDM hate on gagner, but he is their leading scorer.

So proposals:
Schneider
Ballard

for

Eberle

Ballard would actually help their top 4 out.
They retain their lottery pick and now that moved a forward for a goalie- it makes sense for them to draft another skill forward.

I would prefer to get a centre from them but they would have to give us Ganger and their 1st (in which case I might add in our first) or the give us Nuge, but I doubt they give us a center

a final note- their team salary structure- this team is a few years from a playoff spot, I mean if they cannot crack it in a short season where 7 of their players played closely for the entire lockout, then an 82 game schedule against prepared veterans is not going to be any easier.
That being said in 3 years, all 6 of their big guns will have had a RFA period and that means they are all going to want 4.5-6 mill, especially as they will want raises on their base salaries of 3.77 mill.

Schultz-5 mill
Yakupov-5 mill
Huge - 6 mill
Eberle-6 mil
Hall-6 mill
Ganger-5 mill (I know thats high, but how do say no to a 22 yr old centre who leads this team in scoring.

Thats = 33 million in 6 players 5 out of those 6 are forwards...

My point is they need to distribute some sallary to other positions and lets be honest, schneider wont be making much more than dubnyk (who is not a starter on a playoff team)

flame on

#2 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#3 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

not constructive

#4 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Sign me up. It makes sense really, they are going to get a top 3 pick this year(Mackinnon, Drouin) If I was them I'd want to fill a hole where there is a massive one and thats in net. They love him in EDM though so doubt Tambo would do it. Makes sense for both teams though. Young up and coming superstar goalie for young up and coming superstar forward. I'd even throw in our first to try and get it done.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Eberle
Higgins-______-Hansen
Sestito-Lapierre-Kassian

Luongo
Backup G

Trade Raymond for 3L C

Edited by The Kessing Booth line, 09 March 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#5 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,912 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Is it really that hard to use tags in the title?

EDIT: nevermind, that's a horrible proposal anyway.

Edited by elvis15, 09 March 2013 - 01:20 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#6 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

you dont think dubnyk is a good goalie? with toronto improving on their team defence edmonton now has to be to worst in the league. devin is a good goalie edmonton needs a couple shut down D and get their young forwards to help out a little more in their own end .

#7 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

Sign me up. It makes sense really, they are going to get a top 3 pick this year(Mackinnon, Drouin) If I was them I'd want to fill a hole where there is a massive one and thats in net. They love him in EDM though so doubt Tambo would do it. Makes sense for both teams though. Young up and coming superstar goalie for young up and coming superstar forward. I'd even throw in our first to try and get it done.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Eberle
Higgins-______-Hansen
Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

Luongo
Backup G

Trade Raymond for 3L C

may aswell trade kassian too seeing is how hes not making your starting line up haha

#8 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

No way edmonton ever moves Eberle he's better than all their 3 first rounders. Nothing is wrong with Dubnyk, it doesn't help him that his team doesn't understand the word defence. I personally think you really need to stop making Schneider proposals their getting pretty desperate

#9 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

may aswell trade kassian too seeing is how hes not making your starting line up haha

Fixed.

#10 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,087 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

No way Edmonton will move their best player to a divisional rival. I could see them moving Hemsky though

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

Why would Edmonton give away Eberle for a downgrade in goal?
Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

#12 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Schneider is the Canucks future in goal, so no. Edmonton says no as well.

#13 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

A downgrade in goal? lolololololololololoolololololololololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#14 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Luongo and Ballard for Edmonton's 1st and Horcoff

#15 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

A downgrade in goal? lolololololololololoolololololololololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, both Dubnyk and Khabibulin have greater saves% than either Schneider or Luongo this year.

Why would Edmonton give away Eberle to acquire Schneider, who is an older, smaller, less experimented, more expensive goalie, with a worse saves% this season, than Dubnyk ?

Edited by palindrom, 09 March 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#16 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Master Baiter

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Please add tags next time you post a topic :)

#17 RK7Teen

RK7Teen

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

you dont think dubnyk is a good goalie? with toronto improving on their team defence edmonton now has to be to worst in the league. devin is a good goalie edmonton needs a couple shut down D and get their young forwards to help out a little more in their own end .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pgyCZgmojc

next dan cloutier lol

Edited by RK7Teen, 09 March 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#18 Goalscorer

Goalscorer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Luongo and Ballard for Edmonton's 1st and Horcoff

Swap Schneider for Luongo and makes for an interesting discussion.

#19 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Swap Schneider for Luongo and makes for an interesting discussion.

Schneider for 1st (if its a lottery pick) and Horcoff is up for discussion for sure-Horcoff is currently injured I think and at 5.5 mill he is getting like 40 pts a year... haow do we feel about that? Not great. They would have to add something in because they probably are thinking of buying out horcoff at the end of the year. The cap comes down and we have to buy out ballard and booth so we cannot really handle Horcoff's salary. a 5.5 mill 3C... sounds like a 4.5 mill 2nd line RW that scores no points (Booth) or a 4.2 mill 6th d man (Ballard)-it is inline with Gillis type moves tho...

#20 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Schneider is 10X the goalie Dubnyk is. No one even gives a crap about Dubnyk when he is giving up 6 goals to the offensively challenged Predators including a goal from center ice that my mom could stop. I wouldn't even trade Cannata for Dubnyk, nevermind our starting goalies.

Posted Image

#21 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Schneider is 10X the goalie Dubnyk is. No one even gives a crap about Dubnyk when he is giving up 6 goals to the offensively challenged Predators including a goal from center ice that my mom could stop. I wouldn't even trade Cannata for Dubnyk, nevermind our starting goalies.

so why does he have a better saves% than Schneider this season?

#22 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,236 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

so why does he have a better saves% than Schneider this season?

Your attempts at trolling are pathetic. Because a difference of 0.03 makes Dubnyk the better goalie right? Everyone knows Schneider is 5 times the goalie Dubnyk will ever be.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 09 March 2013 - 02:54 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#23 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Edmonton is not going with another goalie. Dubnyk is their guy, and Eberle is a cornerstone player. End of story.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#24 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Your attempts at trolling are pathetic. Because a difference of 0.03 makes Dubnyk the better goalie right? Everyone knows Schneider is 5 times the goalie Dubnyk will ever be.

I wasn't saying the difference was making Dubnyk the better goalie....i was asking a question.

and the question is: How does the difference of 0.03 in favor of Dubnyk make Schneider a 10 X better goalie ? (or 5 X according to you).

At the end of the day, i would rather have an inferior (and younger, and less expensive) goalie who allows less goal than a 10 x better goalie who allows more goals. Especially if it would cost me Eberle......

At least Eberle have more points than most "10 time inferior winger."

Edited by palindrom, 09 March 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#25 fourminute

fourminute

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

not now though later
Posted Image

#26 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

If they were smart they would trade hall right now and make Ebs captain.. Even then it's going to be hard to build a decent contract structure after coughing up an undeserving 6mill long term contract to hall. Better be ready to give nuge yak and Shultz 6 mill before they've earned it. Or what about doobie? If he continues to be a good goalie isn't he going to want at least 5 million? I really don't think their future is as bright as they think.

If they're all worth 6 right now I guess you could say gagne is worth 7.5 LOL

I honestly feel better about trading him to the oilers now than I did before. I still wouldn't do it though. If Cory is on the market I'm sure you could find a great deal not in your division

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.