The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild | 10/03/13 | SNET-P | 5PM

iCanucksLover

I am not feeling good about this. If AV is to go, its still a gamble - e.g. look at Buffalo, not sure how they are doing overall - but I just saw they were down or lost 3-1. I just dont feel the status quo is going to work. do they gamble that its going to turn around....and how long do you wait. or do you hope on a new coach kick starting this quickly. Just who would replace AV (rhetorical comment..not trying to start a topic out of place). Without having been able to watch it (the 2.99 didn't do anything..... see other post) I dont know how they are looking, but down 2 0 is not good

I really like Kassian, Lapierre, and Weise but what the hell are they doing out there.

If Kassian isn't going to put up points then he needs to go out there and lay the body, he also needs to fight some more.

Lapierre needs to get his head in the game. He needs to be more physical, and I would rather have him chirp at opposing players if that's what helps him play better.

Weise needs to be way, way more physical. He has to finish all his checks and go after guys that are messing with our stars. Just because he lit the Dutch League in fire doesn't mean he will here. He needs to hit often and hit hard, he also needs to fight every once in awhile.

Newell Brown showing that his success has not been the result of his own abilities, but rather the amazing talent he was given.

Look at the players he had in Anaheim on the PP. Niedermeyer, Selanne, Perry, Gitzlaf. Look at the the players he had the only season we had a top PP. Sedins, Kesler, Ehrhoff, Salo/Edler.

Any other person who failed this much at their job would have been fired by now. I don't know what Gillis is waiting for. There's teams out there with much less talent, who have better powerplays than us.

Maybe it's time to bring in a coach to replace him, that can also be looking over AV's shoulder to take his job. Maybe the coach needs a little more pressure put on him.

Actually if you went back in this thread, you'd see Inferno talking down to me first. I said nothing until it was apparent that his willingness to complain was rooted not in diehard fandom but to follow only a team that wins constantly. Then a response seemed quite appropriate and the whole situation was a bit ironic.

As for talking down to people, I've seen you do it many times when someone disagrees with you. "Moral high ground" isn't exactly the phrase that comes to mind.

Archived