The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild | 10/03/13 | SNET-P | 5PM

iCanucksLover

Big game, either we're up by six in the division, or 2, and Minny has a game in hand.

Yeah, Schneider is pretty bad at playing the puck than Luongo. I remember when Luongo used to have some trouble when he first came here. It's all about communication, I think Luongo keeps it simple and Schneider tries to do too much or no communication at all.

Wow...

So the powerplay goes 0 for 20 something and nothing needs to change AV? Really? So it's acceptable to just not score on the powerplay?

I know the coach has to be patient with his players, but this has become more than just a slump. The powerplay is not working! Maybe this is why the coach can never adapt during games/series. He doesn't seem to think that anything is wrong.

I'm not even a coach and I could design a powerplay better than the one they have right now. It's a pretty simple formula that every successful powerplay has.

1) Big shot from the point (Garrison)

2) Net front presence (Kassian)

3) A passer down low (Henrik)

4) Shooter on the wall (Daniel or Raymond)

PP 1:

Raymond Henrik Kassian

Garrison Tanev

PP 2:

Daniel Schroeder Burrows

Edler Hamhuis

I know people think it's crazy to split up the Sedins on the powerplay because they pass the puck so well. But the problem is they pass the puck too well and have forgotten that you need shots. Taking Daniel away from Henrik on the PP will force Hank to adapt his game, and maybe even become a shooter himself.

Raymond has arguably the best shot on the team right now, and he seems to be able to get in a position to get his shots through. Not to mention he has had chemistry with Henrik in the past, and is a pretty good passer himself. So you have Raymond and Henrik feeding the points for the big shot, Kassian providing a screen and picking up rebounds, and Raymond shooting from the slot if they can't get the point shot. Simple.

I agree with this. Maybe keep the Sedins together though with a guy like Kassian on the PP. Then on the 2nd unit you can have Schroeder centering with Raymond and Burrows. I also have no idea why AV is using Schroeder on the point.

I agree with this. Maybe keep the Sedins together though with a guy like Kassian on the PP. Then on the 2nd unit you can have Schroeder centering with Raymond and Burrows. I also have no idea why AV is using Schroeder on the point.

Just watched the Isles destroy the Caps. Caps with a 2 man power play couldn't score and it looked just like ours. Too methodical the announcers said. That's the Canucks PP exactly.

Also, Ovechkin playing for himself again, directly responsible for at least one goal.

Where did this Grubauer character come from? Is one of their goalies injured?

And I don't see how the Caps can't try and do something to shake things up. They spend too much money to be this bad. And it's not like they don't have the pieces to make a deal and improve their team.

Also on a side note, Detroit is losing 3-0 to Columbus if it makes anyone feel better. Just goes to show any team can beat any team on any given night.

I want sooooo bad to agree! How else do we get Kassian going?

I'll settle for Booth, Schroeder, Kassian?

I don't see that happening till we get back home and control match ups. Booth/Kass do look good together as both offer awesome size and speed. The trouble is with 20/21/36 & 22/33/14 neither of our "top" offensive lines matches up all that well at the defensive end against any size of substance. So Booth/Kass get the nod, and AV is picking Lappy at least hoping to win the face off.

Bottom line Ossi; we have personnel problems. Keep your fingers crossed!

I think AV finally gets his sh t together and realizes that Lapierre has been horrible this year, and that Schroeder should be in an offensive role.

With the line up of:

Sedin -Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Raymond - Hansen

Booth - Schroeder - Burrows

Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

we get it done. I'll say 4-2 Canucks. Daniel, Kassian, Hansen, and Booth with an empty netter.

Archived