Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janisahockeynut

Tradable Assets

14 posts in this topic

One of the problems I have here on CDC is that we think our assets shouldn't or can't be traded, as it will destroy our team cohession. While I do agree it takes time to adjust afterwards, I believe, it has been done many times to good teams that have later gone on to contend and later on win cups with the acquired assests being large contibutors to their cup runs.

The Bruins/Rangers trade of the 70's and LA's trades of several years ago, prove that doing so can have a great possitive affect on a teams make up and future out comes.

Keeping in mind, anyone can be traded, who do you think on our team are tradable assests, and what do you think they are worth?

Schneider: although not my first choice to trade, his value is a top six starter and a top 10 pick

Luongo : Non elite prospect and a second line starter

Edler: Elite offensive Dman is worth a top six starter and a lottery pick

Ballard: If you got a 2 or 3 pick you would be lucky

Kesler: Elite defensive player:is worth a 2 line player and a 1st non top 5 pick

Raymond: UFA at the end of the season, is worth a late 1st or a 3 line player, as a rental

Higgins: UFA at the end of the season as well, value is pretty much the same as Raymonds

I am not suggesting we go out and trade all these players, but we have to start preparing for the future and top up for the next 2 years. These players are only my ideas who are available for the right price. I could be way off on values, so give me your values and or other players and their values, or do you just want to sit with what we got?

Or is it just a matter of a coaching.....I beleive we have to change up the special teams coaching, that is for sure.

Thank you for putting this up. Interesting.

Here is my opinion of what the players are worth.

Schneider is worth more than we would get for him right now . Right now he would fetch a 1st round non lottery pick. He has not performed to an elite level as a starter yet. Perhaps 15 games from how his stats will show otherwise. Then his value goes up

Luongo is virtually worthless because of his contract. For the sake of argument, if he had a 3 year one million dollar contract, he would be worth 1st round pick and two solid prospects.

Edler should be worth Jordan Eberle but because he is sucking so bad he aint worth near the amount we would want for him.

Ballard could be worth a second rounder to a team looking to push in the playoffs who had a bad timing injury to their top 4

Raymond unsigned is worth a second round pick to a team like the Penguins but he is worth way more to re sign.

Higgins is worth a 3rd as a rental because when the going gets tougher in the playoffs he is not strong enough to elevate his game.

Kesler is worth twice as much as we would get for him now. He is gibbled , and has a NTC anyways.

One of the problems I have here on CDC is that we think our assets shouldn't or can't be traded, as it will destroy our team cohession. While I do agree it takes time to adjust afterwards, I believe, it has been done many times to good teams that have later gone on to contend and later on win cups with the acquired assests being large contibutors to their cup runs.

The Bruins/Rangers trade of the 70's and LA's trades of several years ago, prove that doing so can have a great possitive affect on a teams make up and future out comes.

Keeping in mind, anyone can be traded, who do you think on our team are tradable assests, and what do you think they are worth?

Schneider: although not my first choice to trade, his value is a top six starter and a top 10 pick

Kesler: Elite defensive player:is worth a 2 line player and a 1st non top 5 pick

Raymond: UFA at the end of the season, is worth a late 1st or a 3 line player, as a rental

Higgins: UFA at the end of the season as well, value is pretty much the same as Raymonds

I am not suggesting we go out and trade all these players, but we have to start preparing for the future and top up for the next 2 years. These players are only my ideas who are available for the right price. I could be way off on values, so give me your values and or other players and their values, or do you just want to sit with what we got?

Or is it just a matter of a coaching.....I beleive we have to change up the special teams coaching, that is for sure.

i hear that gillis is trying to upgrade our center position, with or without a lu trade....trades are difficult i'm sure....we can think of all kinds of moves, but making a good trade is really tough....good luck 2 g's.

These descriptions are pretty vague...when we say "2nd line starter" are we talking about a Clarke MacArthur, or a Jeff Skinner?

No two players are created equal...

I really think Gillis needs to get an elite 2nd line centre. Players that I think we could get for the right price include

Paul Stastny

Sam Gagner

Mike Cammallari

Patrick Berglund

Andy MacDonald

I really think Gillis needs to get an elite 2nd line centre. Players that I think we could get for the right price include

Paul Stastny

Sam Gagner

Mike Cammallari

Patrick Berglund

Andy MacDonald

Paul Stastny

Sam Gagner

Mike Cammallari

Patrick Berglund

Andy MacDonald

Paul Stastny

Sam Gagner

Mike Cammallari

Patrick Berglund

Andy MacDonald

I think we need to re sign Higgins, hes a great 3rd line player, that can step in top 6 if needed. Id say a deal 3 years 6m hopefully no more