Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Proposal] VAN - FLA & CGY

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Trade ideas for a playoff push and cap compliance next season/off-season FA signing.

FLA: Luongo, Sweatt, Connauton, Suave
VAN: Goc, Weaver, Petrovic, Howden

CGY: Ballard, Booth
VAN: Iginla, MacDonald

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Iginla
Raymond Goc Hansen
Howden Schroeder Kassian
Sestito Lapierre Weise

Hamuhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Garrison Weaver
Barker Petrovic
Alberts

Schneider
MacDonald
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#2 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

1) I feel like any time you get a 4 for 1 trade you are going to come out as the loser
(I am not counting Sweatt, Sauve or Connauton because their trade value is marginal at best)

2) What incentive does our overpaid players offer Calgary to move their captain?
Maybe if you switch Booth with Schroeder, and Ballard with Tanev Calgary would think about it.

#3 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

1) I might do it, although I think we should modifiy it, I like getting Goc and the prospects but Weaver doesn't really add anything if we continue on with this defense core. And Howden isn't going to be much IMO, would rather grab a different prospect or a pick. I also don't like throwing in Connaution.

2) Can't see Calgary doing this, the point of trading Iginla is to start the rebuild and there are no young pieces in this.

zackass.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.