30 replies to this topic

#1 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

With international and college seasons finishing or coming to a close soon, a lot of our prospects will be available to potentially sign an ELC. So i was curious who people thought would be good options for the wolves or maybe the k wings.

Personally i'd like to see jeremy price signed and tried out with the wolves. He's been one of our most solid D prospects for a number of years, really want to see him play against pros! Others might be blomstrand or tommernes, but i'm not sure how much space the wolves would be willing to make.

#2 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Tommernes and Price to ELC that will start next season - with an PTO/ATO for the remainder of this season with the Wolves.
Posted Image

#3 heysoulsisters21

heysoulsisters21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

where do u see all the prospects we can sign? anyone give me link

#4 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

This off-season I want to see Price, Blomstrand and Tommernes signed and assigned to the Chicago Wolves. I also want to see us try and sign one of Antoine Laganiere or Andrej Sustr from the College Free Agents.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#5 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Tommernes for sure, also Price and I also want to see Honzik signed. Also maybe Blomstrand although I don't follow him enough to say.

zackass.png

#6 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Tommernes for sure, also Price and I also want to see Honzik signed. Also maybe Blomstrand although I don't follow him enough to say.

Oh yeah, is this our last year to sign Honzik?

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#7 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Aside from this topic a bit, what happened to Danny Dekeyser?

1zcq151.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#8 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,156 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Oh yeah, is this our last year to sign Honzik?

Yeah. He is better than his stats would indicate, just playing on the worst team in the CHL.

zackass.png

#9 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Aside from this topic a bit, what happened to Danny Dekeyser?

He's around. Better player this year than he was last year. Believed he'll sign with Detroit

#10 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

This off-season I want to see Price, Blomstrand and Tommernes signed and assigned to the Chicago Wolves. I also want to see us try and sign one of Antoine Laganiere or Andrej Sustr from the College Free Agents.

I remember reading about Gillis being interest in Laganiere. I honestly know nothing about him though.

#11 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

I remember reading about Gillis being interest in Laganiere. I honestly know nothing about him though.

Same, all i know is he camped with us in 2011, and pittsburgh and edmonton's prospect camps this summer. He fits the mold of everything gilis is looking for right now, he's got good size and an ivy league education. plus he's a center. I wouldn't mind him getting a shot, the wolves could use a big centerman.

#12 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Eric Hartzell, Andre Sustr, Laganiere, DeKeyser are all good players.
Eric has had phenomenal numbers this year and Andre is 6'8 and puts up points.

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#13 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

In terms of Canucks drafted prospects, I would like to see Price, Blomstrand and Tommernes signed.

Don't know enough about the various college FA's to comment on them.

#14 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Btw, eric is a goalie
http://www.cbc.ca/sp...agent-time.html
http://communities.sportsnet.ca/message/2140535;jsessionid=QDlJR0pGXn3b4vSNbfwC6H4bkyg8m7kFFpSyC9XT1gm39QhslDpv!-866243693

#15 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

I would also like to see Honzik signed, if possible. He's not exactly a Cory Schneider, an Eddie Lack, or even a Joe Cannata, but it's good to keep goalies running through the pipeline. Honzik has tools to work with. He makes a ton of saves every night on the worst team in the QMJHL, regardless of how many goals he actually gives up. He's the kind of guy you want to see on a capable team and behind a capable defense to determine what he can really do.

#16 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

^More so than a guy like Hartzell?

#17 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Patrick Mcnally actually. This guys really reminds me of Christian Ehrhoff or Campbell sometimes with his end to end rushes. All out offensive dman, the team is looking for. Sure he needs time to develope, but sitll, I want him in our system sooner rather then later.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#18 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Patrick Mcnally actually. This guys really reminds me of Christian Ehrhoff or Campbell sometimes with his end to end rushes. All out offensive dman, the team is looking for. Sure he needs time to develope, but sitll, I want him in our system sooner rather then later.

that is a team need but i think it's best that he tries to get back on harvard next season. which appears to be the plan at this point.

#19 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

Price and Blomstrand have signed. Just waiting for Tommernes!
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#20 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

..  and kellan lain!  Didn't see this coming til the past few days but pretty excited to see what he can do.  i suspect gilman or MG will address all the signings of late, i'd like to hear what they project for these guys into next season. the prospect pool is a mess right now though, i really am interested to see who is on their way out, and who else is coming in.

Edited by wshdrvvn, 16 March 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#21 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Also, has there been any more reported about blomstrand signing?

#22 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Also, has there been any more reported about blomstrand signing?

Here (in Swedish though):
http://www.aftonblad...icle16422346.ab

#23 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

yeah, other than that one i mean.

#24 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

yeah, other than that one i mean.

Other than that one, I don't think there's anything yet. The media here is absolutely clueless when it comes to our prospects.

#25 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

If MG could sign Andrej Sustr, that'd solve our big defensemen, right handed issue... 6'8, right handed... Apparently is a smooth skating defenceman who can make the first pass out of the zone with excellent vision.. He can definitely let one go with his shot when given the opportunity.... Sorta like a Tanev pretty much but he's been compared to Tyler Myers-like playing style... Not to the calibre of Myers' skill level but plays a similar style

#26 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I haven't seen anyone mention him but i think ryan walters could be a good pick up. he's not tall so most CDCers probably won't be interested but he is a really good player. he played for the des moines buccaneers for several seasons. He was a gamer back then. could make things happen in multiple ways. he's having a great year this year and i think he would be worth a contract spot. we've put so much attention into size, why not try for some skill? (thought i'd add he's average sized, 6 foot 180, not too small at all.)

#27 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

The article is really boring, they just talk about how much money he's getting in the contract, and that he played in Almtuna this season.

#28 Burr's bandwagon

Burr's bandwagon

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Excited about Jensen, Lack, Gaunce, Connauton, Corrado (especially since he's a righty), and Price for prospects. All future NHLer's. Also McEneny had a good year.

Also I strongly believe Kellan Lain (the new signing) will be an awesome player for us next year. Look for him to centre a solid 4th line on the canucks roster next season. Hugely underrated player with a ton of upside. Exactly what we needed... size, grit, smarts, defense, face-off wins, and a potential offensive upside once he gains confidence.
webkit-fake-url://E0525C6D-59C8-4266-8890-6962F34EFBA6/application.pdf
-The Future

#29 SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

I haven't seen anyone mention him but i think ryan walters could be a good pick up. he's not tall so most CDCers probably won't be interested but he is a really good player. he played for the des moines buccaneers for several seasons. He was a gamer back then. could make things happen in multiple ways. he's having a great year this year and i think he would be worth a contract spot. we've put so much attention into size, why not try for some skill? (thought i'd add he's average sized, 6 foot 180, not too small at all.)

I'm all for this, just so that the Canucks can actually have a player in their history named Ryan Walters. Used to drive me crazy when half of the people on here would add an "s" at the end of Ryan Walter.

In all seriousness though, he's worth a look. Worth noting that he's actually listed at 196lbs on UNO's website: http://www.omavs.com...x?path=mhockey. 6'0" and 196lbs is pretty decent size actually (not big but not bad). Still only 21 so could even get bigger.

CBSSports "Eye on Hockey" bloggers have been following him (CBSsports online is actually decent for college hockey) and they've had him ranked #1 for the Hobey Baker for the past several weeks (right up to the end of the season). He'll certainly be a candidate. He's had a scoring explosion for his junior year, with his totals for this season topping his combined numbers for the previous two seasons. Was #1 in the nation last time I checked (52 points in 38 games).

praise from "Eye on Hockey" (from back in Week 18):

His 45 points are tied for the national lead, and 35 of those have come in arguably the toughest conference in the country. Fourteen of Walters' 19 goals have come in the WCHA, which has been an absolute grind for every team. The Mavericks are just a point out of first place in the conference, and Walters is a huge reason why. This season has been simply remarkable for Walters, who was a relative unknown coming into his junior campaign. He is just three points shy of eclipsing his scoring totals for his freshman and sophomore seasons combined.

http://www.cbssports...d-watch-week-18

Walters was just named a top-10 Hobey Baker finalist: http://www.wowt.com/...-199455151.html

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME, 22 March 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#30 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

Greg Carey of St Lawrence University might be a good signing for the Canucks. I'd pass on Honzik and Blomstrand personally. Price and Tommernes might be worth signing, but we have to be careful we don't wind up stocking Kalamazoo and the Missouri Mavericks with too many players.

So it's tough.

Edited by Keke Mortson's helmet, 23 March 2013 - 04:05 AM.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.