#1 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Vancouver Canucks: Frans Nielsen, Mark Streit

NY Islanders: David Booth, Andrew Alberts, 2014 1st Round Pick, 2013 4th Round Draft Pick

This deal only happens if Islanders cannot re-sign Mark Streit or they decide to go in a different direction.

Vancouver Canucks: Alex Tanguay, Cory Sarich

Calgary Flames: Keith Ballard, Anton Rodin, 2013 3rd Round Pick, Conditional 2014 3rd Round Pick (becomes 2014 2nd Round Draft Pick if Canucks make the Stanley Cup Finals)

This deal happens if both Tanguay and Sarich agree to waive their trade clauses.

Line Up

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Tanguay-Schroeder-Raymond
Higgins-Nielsen-Kassian
Sestito-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise
Injured: Kesler

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Streit
Edler-Tanev
Sarich
Barker

Schneider
Luongo

Would these deals benefit both sides? Are they fair? What changes can be made?

I feel like these deals are both fair and make sense for both sides, but you may think differently, so feel free to make changes and which players you would want or trade. Just did this for fun mostly.

Edited by Sydney Fife, 10 March 2013 - 12:50 AM.

slo802.jpg

Thanks for the sweet sig Justdean10

#2 canucks top scorer

canucks top scorer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

How bout when Kesler comes back?

Posted Image

Credit to me for the sig. I make sigs msg me.

#3 canucks top scorer

canucks top scorer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

How bout when Kesler comes back? What would the lines be?

Posted Image

Credit to me for the sig. I make sigs msg me.

#4 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

i would do 1st trade, dont think we make a trade like that with calgary but who knows

#5 Toews

Toews

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Why would Booth and fillers get you Streit and Nielsen. The Isles probably value Booth worse than most other teams in the league especially with his injury problems, lack of production and large salary.

#6 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Isles wouldn't do first trade because Nielsen is a great two way forward, and Streit is arguably their best d-man.

Why would we trade a first round pick when all we receive in return for basically Tanguay?
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#7 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Ya I don't think NYI would do that.

And I don't want to do the 2nd one.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 09 March 2013 - 09:37 PM.

zackass.png

#8 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

How bout when Kesler comes back?

When Kesler comes back we put Schroeder in the press box, send him to the minors, or place him somewhere else in the line up (fill in for a injured player or have him replace a struggling player in the line up).

Why would Booth and fillers get you Streit and Nielsen. The Isles probably value Booth worse than most other teams in the league especially with his injury problems, lack of production and large salary.

Streit is an UFA after the end of this season, and if the Islanders are unable to sign him they might want to trade him. Booth is a young top 6 forward who is playing well for us right now. Only reason we should trade him is because of his salary cap, also he could compliment John Tavares on the their first line. Maybe we could give the 2014 1st Round pick to the Islanders instead of giving it to Calgary. The deal breaks down like Alberts + 2014 3rd (possible 2nd) for Streit and Booth + 2013 4th for Nielsen. The Islanders actually need salary to reach the floor (don't know about next year), again with right players (not Kesler, with Tavares) he will produce, and an injury could happen to anyone.

Isles wouldn't do first trade because Nielsen is a great two way forward, and Streit is arguably their best d-man.

Why would we trade a first round pick when all we receive in return for basically Tanguay?

Streit will be an UFA and he may decide to go to a cup contender to finish his career, I agree Nielsen is very good. Maybe take the first from the Calgary trade and give it the Islanders, then give Calgary the conditional pick. Tanguay is a terrific playmaker and he would help Kesler and Kassian elevate their games.

slo802.jpg

#9 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

If Schroeder is playing very well and Kesler comes back then the line up would be:

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Tanguay-Schroeder-Kesler
Raymond-Nielsen-Hansen
Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian
Sestito
Weise

The 2nd line could provide a lot of offense if they gel well together, but i would have Kesler take defensive zone faceoffs. Also, Kesler would now be receiving great passses from a playmaker like Tanguay and Schroeder would also benefit from this.

Hansen and Nielsen could work well together because play a similar style and both are from Denmark, also they were teammates on Team Denmark at the 2012 World Championships. From what I have seen it looks like all 3 are pretty fast and could provide a high speed line on our team.

The fourth line could be stellar, Higgins and Lapierre have chemistry from before and adding Kassian could make it that much better. All 3 can hit, check, and score. This could be one of the best 4th lines in the league.

Edited by Sydney Fife, 10 March 2013 - 01:05 AM.

slo802.jpg

#10 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

Only player I would be interested in is Nielsen. Wouldn't pay that for him though.

#11 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Big fan of Tanguay. I'd definately do the 2nd trade, but I'm not sold on Nielson. He's already 28yrs old and has never cracked 50pts. He would be a good 3rd line Centre but we have a ton of players like him already...good 3rd line players but ineffective 2nd line players.

I say no to the 1st deal but if Calgary are seller's at the deadline, both their top 2 centres (Cammallari and Tanguay) would be awesome to get.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#12 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Big fan of Tanguay. I'd definately do the 2nd trade, but I'm not sold on Nielson. He's already 28yrs old and has never cracked 50pts. He would be a good 3rd line Centre but we have a ton of players like him already...good 3rd line players but ineffective 2nd line players.

I say no to the 1st deal but if Calgary are seller's at the deadline, both their top 2 centres (Cammallari and Tanguay) would be awesome to get.

But we do not have that solid two-way centre to play on the third line. Lapierre is better suited for the fourth line and Schroeder is not a third line centre. Nielsen will come in and fill that hole perfectly, also Hansen and him could have some amazing chemistry due to the both of them being so similar.

I agree with Tanguay. We need a playmaker for the second line and Tanguay would fit in very well. Tanguay is a pure playmaker with a cup ring. Kesler has always played amazing on the wing and with veterans and Tanguay would help make Kesler much better. Also not to mention how much Schroeder can gain from playing centre on that line.

Also, only 1 player could be considered a rental and that is Streit, but he could be re-signed to a fair deal. Alex Tanguay, Cory Sarich, and Frans Nielsen have at least 1-3 years on their contracts after this season.

Edited by Sydney Fife, 11 March 2013 - 01:08 AM.

slo802.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.