The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could time-travel to past and reverse one dumb decision

Canuckler87

Even though he's been injured this whole year I still say we should have re-signed Mitchell. I still firmly believe that with him we would have won at least one of games 6 or 7 in the SCF. He would have been the difference at some point.

If I don't include hindsight I'd say not drafting Kopitar. Kopitar 1 Cup. Canucks 0. Thanks Dave Nonis :picard::picard::picard:

Luongo was so unbelievable in the 2007 playoffs but the team (big surprise) couldn't score. Who knows what could have happened with a Kopitar. Not to mention how great it would be today to have a young, big, physical center that can produce in the playoffs.

Well, since we're all wearing our 20/20 hindsight caps...

The Canucks should have traded Rosaire Paiement. Fairly good size (for the time), played a physical game, fought very well, good on his skates, and scored 34 goals for the Canucks in their first season in the NHL.

The team supposedly got huge trade offers for him, and they quite sensibly turned them down.

The following seaon he got a mere 10 goals, and his total point production dropped by half. The season after that he left for the WHA.

So, I'd trade him, and quite possibly get an additional 1st in the deal. I'd then pick Richard Martin (even without Perreault he would be good) or Steve Vickers, and Larry Robinson. In the second round I'd take Rick Kehoe.

regards,

G.

Firing Dave Nonis at this point.

He made the Roberto Luongo trade. He signed Willie Mitchell. Signed Anson Carter, then smartly decided to not re-sign Carter. Hired AV. Signed Alex Burrows. Drafted Alex Edler. Drafted Jannick Hansen. Drafted Michael Grabner.

Mike GIllis took the job saying drafting and player development had to greatly improve but how has he done in comparison to Nonis?

What trade or signing has Mike GIllis made that rivals the moves Nonis made? Especially considering Gillis has security and the confidence of ownership, something Nonis was never privileged to.

The Canucks underachieved during the Nonis years but he clearly proved that he is a better GM than Mike Gillis when it comes to trading, signing, and drafting.

Naming the team the Millionaires again (= one stanley cup)

- drafting all the players who turned out awesome after the crap we drafted (see Jagr, Lidstrom etc...)

- Not trading Neely (I don't care if he wanted to go to Boston), not trading Linden, not signing Messier

- A lot of bad logo and uniform changes

- Cory Schneider in games 3 and 4 in Beantown

This could seriously go on forever...

Archived