The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Toronto Blue Jays '13 Season Thread

Gross-Misconduct

Say what one more time! ;)

Agree with the injuries. Morrow was a huge hole that couldn't be filled. Bautista's was near the end but we need him healthy all year. I even hate to say it, but I'm hoping Lawrie isn't going to be injury plagued . Already has a few this early in his career.

But the big shocker was Romero. I couldn't believe how far he fell last year. Let's hope he finds his game again. If Dickey can even come close to the same numbers he put up last year, he will be the ace the Jays have been looking for.

Yes Romero took strides backwards last year. Not at all what I was expecting. Really hope he can turn it around and have a good season.

Die hard Mariners fan here, however I must give credit when credit is due. The Jays looks really really good, like deadly good this season. Finally starting to put out a lineup that can compete with the powerhouse AL East teams!

You've got 3 all star hitters and 3 all star pitchers. Not bad.

Die hard Mariners fan here, however I must give credit when credit is due. The Jays looks really really good, like deadly good this season. Finally starting to put out a lineup that can compete with the powerhouse AL East teams!

You've got 3 all star hitters and 3 all star pitchers. Not bad.

So excited for the Jays Mariners series at Safeco this year!

Woah. They're really going full rebuild on Romero here. This is like what they did with Roy Halladay, except Halladay was 4 years younger when it happened to him, I believe.

The guy was not just pitching kinda poorly last season, but rather he was absolutely dreadful. He completely lost whatever it was he had going for him. And that continued into Spring Training this year. Last week they tried to mess around with his delivery, and he was torched even harder than he was earlier.

I think the decision is for the best since he's shown no sign of getting back on track, and I suppose the hope is that he responds even half as well as Halladay did to the whole thing. It's just that the whole thing is surprising. Didn't expect him to be optioned down, let alone all the way to single A. But I think by the end of the season it will have shown to be a good call.

Ricky Romero is a classic case of an athlete getting a big payday and then going downhill.

At least they have Happ.

If the implication here is that he simply stopped trying, I don't agree with the notion. Rather something else here went very wrong. And now they've given themselves a year to figure out what exactly it is, and how to fix it.

Archived