The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Toronto Blue Jays '13 Season Thread

Gross-Misconduct

Wow, crappy start to the year. Not living to the hype so far at all. That was a pathetic performance, fans deserve free tickets after seeing that debacle.

Same old Blue Jays. They better turn it around or it will be a disappointing season. It is still very early, but not promising.

Detroit 7 Jays 3

The Jays are now 2 - 5.

I know it's way too early to start to panic.

But, just to be prepared, at what point should fans start to panic?

If we haven't turned it around by the end of May, push the panic button. Still TONS of baseball to be played, this team is WAY too good to keep on this pace.

Tried watching a game. Don't understand how this is fun to watch. would rather watch golf

When I was young(er), I couldn't watch baseball either. The slowness of the game would drive me nuts. "C'mon, c'mon! Throw the damn ball!".

But as I got older (perhaps because my brain slowed down?), I finally 'got' baseball. Been enjoying it for these past few years. Although it still irks me when a batter has to adjust every piece of his equipment after every swing of the bat.

Subpar hitting and subpar pitching and its no surprise that the Jays are 5-2. I expect the pitchers to turn it around though, the talent is there. But im worried about the hitting, theres no chemistry in the lineup, you need the hitters to feed off each others momentum. Basically, the runs theyve been getting have been from home runs, and thats cause for concern, you cant win with just dingers. Plus Encarnacion is off to a horrendous start, he may have been a fluke last season, well see.

I always felt that the off season hype was too much - yeah, still early i know, but you cant just trade and sign a bunch of players and expect that it will miraculously gel well together. Still may come though. Not so sure about the coaching on the club either.

Toronto 8

Detroit 6

3 - 5, while not great, looks a lot better than 2 - 6.

I missed most of the game but apparently the Jays made quite a nice come-back.

And credit to the hard-core baseball fans in Detroit. With the rain delay, that game took over six hours to play. Yet there were still fans there in the ninth inning even as it continued to rain.

Have to wonder why all three games are in the afternoon, though. Wouldn't they get better attendance if the games were in the evening?

Have to wonder why all three games are in the afternoon, though. Wouldn't they get better attendance if the games were in the evening?

I heard they're playing afternoon games because it still could possibly get too cold in the evening in Detroit.

Blue Jays 8

Kansas 4

So the Blue Jays win the game but lose Reyes. Even when they win, they lose. It's been that kind of start.

They finish their first ten games 4 - 6. Not the start they wanted, but in a 162 game season, very easy to overcome.

Saturday's game should be interesting. Dickey comes into the game 0 - 2 with an ERA of 8.44 (!). It's still early for him, too, but you have to figure there's at least of bit of pressure on him to start to deliver. Let's see if he can.

Archived