The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Toronto Blue Jays '13 Season Thread

Gross-Misconduct

Baltimore 2 Jays 1

Figures. One of the few bright lights thus far this season has been Kawasaki. So what does he do? He muffs the throw to first base that fills the bases and allows the O's to score and win the game with their next batter.

Things have to start falling the Jays' way. Don't they?

Well, they're consistent.

After twenty games, the Jays are 8 - 12.

Games 1 - 10: 4 - 6

Games 11 - 20: 4 - 6

But, somehow, I don't think this was the type of consistency anyone anticipated.

Nine of the next ten games are against AL East teams, including three against Boston. If they maintain this type of 'consistency', things could start to unravel fast.

I'm not feeling good about this. Another loss.

They are starting to hit the long ball but too many solo homers. Gotta get on base boys!

solo homers arent going to win games. Or homers in general. This team does not know how to get on base and move runners around - thats how you win games.

I beat you to it.

To worry or not to worry?

As I write, the Jays are 9 - 15 and, more importantly, 7.5 games back of Boston.

Thing is, there are still 138 games left in their season. So, on the face of it, there is plenty of time for the Jays to recover in the standings.

But is the large number of regular season games deceptive? Is there a point (15 games back? 20 games back?) where you can say with some certainty that the gap is simply too large to overcome regardless of a large number of games remaining, even if the team turns things around?

really makes you wonder if they made some mistakes with their coaching staff. This team hit so well last year under the old hitting coach. So many guys seem to be struggling to put bat to ball this year.

Should consider a change in the coaching staff? Fire Gibbons? This team just isn't clicking or playing well. With a season full of high expectations, something needs to be done soon.

This team is too talented to be this bad right?

I can't think of much else that they can do at this point. AA did his part in constructing a roster that was supposed to contend for a playoff spot. The players haven't come close to delivering at all.

Archived