The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Toronto Blue Jays '13 Season Thread

Gross-Misconduct

EE to the rescue.

I was waiting for him to break out. For the last week or so everytime I watched a game he was getting robbed of extra bases at least twice a game

Hopefully the Jays can close this one out now.

How can they sit there and do nothing? Fire Gibbons, already. It was a huge mistake bringing him back.

What was AA thinking? Pretty embarrassing when Seattle has slightly better record and don't have the payroll Jays do.

Blue Jays = Lakers 2.0

Enough garbage from the Blue Jays. Time to bring back Ricky Romero and shake things up a bit. Guys like Loup, Cecil and Delabar are actually doing well, even if they're not trying to hold a lead. It's the starters. Romero's been playing for a few weeks now. He's probably already better than some of the guys here.

You can't win any games, let alone championships if you have nobody who can hit for average and get on base! Half our team attempts to swing for the fences, and the other half are simply not good hitters. So what if we hit 4 homers in a game, they would all be solo homers anyway. This isn't how you build a franchise. Now AA has set the Jays back another 3-4 years. They need to either fix the problem (hitters cannot hit for average/get on base), or clean the house. Keep nobody.

And the beat(ing) goes on:

Games 1 - 10: 4 - 6 1.5 games back

Games 11 - 20: 4 - 6 5.5 games back

Games 21 - 30: 2 - 8 11 games back

The next ten games sees four games against the Rays and yet another three games against Boston, with two more against Seattle and a game against the Giants.

This could get beyond ugly.

Gotta say as an Orioles fan I love this, I had my doubts about the Jays doing well they have no consistent base hitter and I'm still not sold on Dickey being a go to guy.

I was however hoping the Yankees would struggle this year, but looks like my O's will have to contend for the playoffs the hard way still.

Not living up to the hype is one thing but this is embarrassing.

As for today's (yet another) loss...

Dickey (2-5) was booed by the crowd of 35,754 after Raul Ibanez hit a one-out triple to center in the sixth and scored on Kelly Shoppach's double. As the runs piled up, some fans responded with chants of ''Go Leafs Go''
:lol:

How does management and even ownership just sit and do nothing. Ownership has got to be pissed off at what they're seeing after all the money they laid out for these new players. They need a shake up. Fire Gibbons, AA and clean house. Mine as well. They have no chance at the division and the way they're playing, they will be out of it for the second wild card soon enough.

Archived