The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Toronto Blue Jays '13 Season Thread

Gross-Misconduct

Woah. They're really going full rebuild on Romero here. This is like what they did with Roy Halladay, except Halladay was 4 years younger when it happened to him, I believe.

The guy was not just pitching kinda poorly last season, but rather he was absolutely dreadful. He completely lost whatever it was he had going for him. And that continued into Spring Training this year. Last week they tried to mess around with his delivery, and he was torched even harder than he was earlier.

I think the decision is for the best since he's shown no sign of getting back on track, and I suppose the hope is that he responds even half as well as Halladay did to the whole thing. It's just that the whole thing is surprising. Didn't expect him to be optioned down, let alone all the way to single A. But I think by the end of the season it will have shown to be a good call.

If the implication here is that he simply stopped trying, I don't agree with the notion. Rather something else here went very wrong. And now they've given themselves a year to figure out what exactly it is, and how to fix it.

Not stopped trying, but lost the drive.

What was the point of spring training? Arencibia had a couple of months (minus the WBC) to warm up to Dickey's knuckler. And what was the point of getting Blanco if not for catching Dickey?

I think they wanted to see JP catch Dickey. I'm sure the Jays want it to work as JP is their best all around catcher. But I have to agree. Maybe give JP one more shot, if he stinks again then sit him with Dickey's on the bump from then on.

A few hairy moments, but nothing a few dingers and blazing speed won't fix. That Bonifacio "double" was awesome. Casey Janssen looked in control and showing no ill effects of his offseason surgery. I would have never thought in a million that Janssen would be an effective closer as he is. He doesn't have classic closer stuff but the dude just keeps on getting guys out.

Definitely looks like there is a lot of energy in that clubhouse. Polar opposite of last year. I think it's just a matter of time before some winning streaks start. I have like what I've seen from much of the bullpen so far. That's always a good sign.

Definitely looks like there is a lot of energy in that clubhouse. Polar opposite of last year. I think it's just a matter of time before some winning streaks start. I have like what I've seen from much of the bullpen so far. That's always a good sign.

This is without Lawrie too

Some have been good, some haven't. Our bullpen didn't change too much over the offseason, and I wasn't too impressed last year. The good ones are Janssen, Loup and Delabar. My gut doesn't trust Oliver.

I think the Jays should pick up one more reliever. We don't need a great bullpen because of our starters, but I'd feel more comfortable with another guy who can get three outs quickly.

Everything else has looked great so far!

Some have been good, some haven't. Our bullpen didn't change too much over the offseason, and I wasn't too impressed last year. The good ones are Janssen, Loup and Delabar. My gut doesn't trust Oliver.

I think the Jays should pick up one more reliever. We don't need a great bullpen because of our starters, but I'd feel more comfortable with another guy who can get three outs quickly.

Everything else has looked great so far!

I don't necessarily disagree but I think Santos can be that guy. Hopefully, with a few more major league innings he can regain his 2011 form. But yeah, if he can't and if Lind continues to struggle there are two areas the Jays can still improve on. I'd wouldn't be in a rush to do it quite yet though.

Archived