The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Canucks hold first closed doors players only meeting, all agree something missing

CanucksLegacy

Garrison needs to man the point on the umbrella. We need to be actively seeking him out to set him up for one timers. That hasn't been happening, all the passes to him have been to his backhand or when he isn't in a suitable position for the onetimer. Edler has been predominantly set in that spot despite his 5% chance of putting the puck on net. That needs to change.

I also don't really understand all the hate for Schroeder playing the point. He's equally effective there as he centering the second unit. He has an accurate shot and great vision, he played the point in Chicago and did well there.

Last year Canucks won because of amazing goaltending and playing in a weak division, last year this core was playing just as lifeless difference is goaltending isn't as good(but not why we're losing) and teams in the division got better. I don't know why Gillis has a hard on for AV, Gillis should've handled this goaltending thing in the offseason, this core after the SCF loss just isn't the same. I think this team needs a shake up, I don't see this team winning any cups. AV should clearly be replaced and Gillis's inability to notice this kinda scares me.

This core had its shot at a cup and blew it with injuries and this seems to be a common excuse for this core, like last year being embarrassed with a 1st round out and this year injuries and lifeless core. Gillis has some hard calls to make for this teams future as the Sedins aren't getting younger, Kesler is becoming useless cause he's always injured! love the guy and want him here but he's no good to us sitting out all season with injuries or playing injured in the playoffs and not being effective. Maybe we should take Kesler off the PK so he's not blocking shots getting injured.

Last year Canucks won because of amazing goaltending and playing in a weak division, last year this core was playing just as lifeless difference is goaltending isn't as good(but not why we're losing) and teams in the division got better. I don't know why Gillis has a hard on for AV, Gillis should've handled this goaltending thing in the offseason, this core after the SCF loss just isn't the same. I think this team needs a shake up, I don't see this team winning any cups. AV should clearly be replaced and Gillis's inability to notice this kinda scares me.

This core had its shot at a cup and blew it with injuries and this seems to be a common excuse for this core, like last year being embarrassed with a 1st round out and this year injuries and lifeless core. Gillis has some hard calls to make for this teams future as the Sedins aren't getting younger, Kesler is becoming useless cause he's always injured! love the guy and want him here but he's no good to us sitting out all season with injuries or playing injured in the playoffs and not being effective. Maybe we should take Kesler off the PK so he's not blocking shots getting injured.

Too bad Bieksa wasnt around to put Clusterfrack in his place when he was throwing a hissy fit watching his GF Koivu feline from Burrows.

This team is soft as hell, when that kid Prosser face washes your top players and no response from Kassian....

This teams softness has turned a mean player Kassian into a soft perimiter finese player...

Archived