The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Canucks hold first closed doors players only meeting, all agree something missing

CanucksLegacy

1. So you're saying that "most fans" know more about the team than the people actually running it? That doesn't fly with me.

2. I am not a "feel good person who believes everything is perfect" - how can you also know all there is to know about me?

3. Where have I "scolded" you? I am a poster when I offer my opinion - which is just that. I certainly don't pretend to know everything...far from it. But my comments are directed to the fact that I trust those who do get paid to know. I tend to trust that they'll be best equipped to identify and address issues...moreso than the average person here.

Your last line just made my entire point...in that, we don't get to "see" (or know) everything. And the media driven and fan base stuff isn't always the right solution.

Anyhow, I respect a differing opinion than mine as there is no right/wrong...it is all just a matter of opinion. With that, leave the "mod" stuff out of this as it's completely irrelevant. :)

You've made some good points and I accept them as such.

Thing for me is - I don't tend to invest too much energy worrying about something I have zero control over...some think it's blindly following, but it's more of an acceptance in the serenity prayer school of thought. :)

Cheers.

1. So you're saying that "most fans" know more about the team than the people actually running it? That doesn't fly with me.

2. I am not a "feel good person who believes everything is perfect" - how can you also know all there is to know about me?

3. Where have I "scolded" you? I am a poster when I offer my opinion - which is just that. I certainly don't pretend to know everything...far from it. But my comments are directed to the fact that I trust those who do get paid to know. I tend to trust that they'll be best equipped to identify and address issues...moreso than the average person here.

Your last line just made my entire point...in that, we don't get to "see" (or know) everything. And the media driven and fan base stuff isn't always the right solution.

Anyhow, I respect a differing opinion than mine as there is no right/wrong...it is all just a matter of opinion. With that, leave the "mod" stuff out of this as it's completely irrelevant. :)

Uh oh.

I recall other teams in the past having closed door meetings and they ultimately accomplished nothing. This team WILL make the playoffs but I would be surprised if they got out of the first round. I can't verify but I'm sure the boys feel the exact same way. Everyone knows they are a shadow of themselves from the last few years.

all this exercise has done, is prove we all have our opinions, and that none of us can prove that we are right....maybe we are all right and wrong....all i know is that i will never disrespect the players and coaches who are trying to bring success to their fans....

i will never take lightly the effort and sacrifice it took to get to here...they are struggling right now and that should not diminish what they've done or what they can be again...if changes are needed, they will be made....they will be made with the cap this year and next in mind....it will take into account if players fit into the dressing room..players they may want will be scouted and assessed....each trade needs two teams that want that change.....

parity has shown that outside of about 5 teams, everyone else is pretty equal...no we are not elite anymore but LA wasn't elite last year until they squeeked into the playoffs....do i think this team needs some changes? yes....do i believe in this team?.. absolutely.....i always will.

Garrison needs to man the point on the umbrella. We need to be actively seeking him out to set him up for one timers. That hasn't been happening, all the passes to him have been to his backhand or when he isn't in a suitable position for the onetimer. Edler has been predominantly set in that spot despite his 5% chance of putting the puck on net. That needs to change.

I also don't really understand all the hate for Schroeder playing the point. He's equally effective there as he centering the second unit. He has an accurate shot and great vision, he played the point in Chicago and did well there.

Uh oh.

I recall other teams in the past having closed door meetings and they ultimately accomplished nothing. This team WILL make the playoffs but I would be surprised if they got out of the first round. I can't verify but I'm sure the boys feel the exact same way. Everyone knows they are a shadow of themselves from the last few years.

I want gillis to bring in 2-3 pieces the entire fanbase has been calling or it for 2 years

Clowe and Dubinsky would be in the right direction. Guys that are brought in should have heart, skill and trunculence with size. No more ikea clerks, no more perimeter players.

Win or lose all I want from my team is a 60 minute effort and to finish there checks, win or lose all I want is my team to fight for each and play on edge with that wolf pack mentality. I want a team that always goes to the dirty areas and battles.

We need 2-3 changes to make that happen.

It's on gillis .

Christian ehrhoff had 28 special teams points in 2011. 50 points in 79 games. Over half were on the power play. U are telling me that's no big deal? Hmmm. That is a huge deal dude. And that's not " easily replaced ". And that's not adding salo s contributions. Garrison is not giving us even close to that.

Garrison and Edler replacing ehrhoff and salo is a big reason why. Neither player has stepped up and produced even close to what Ehroff gave us

And they thought Tanev would step in and give us Edler style points while Edler moved up in Ice time. It Isn't happening.

Archived