The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Canucks hold first closed doors players only meeting, all agree something missing

CanucksLegacy

This shows the leadership on this team. Perfect timing to call a meeting, and while I've always believed the reason we've played so poorly all season is our coaching systems, it's good to see Henrik call a meeting and get the players to understand this situation.

In this case, punishment is what's needed. Player's who aren't playing with urgency or jump need a kick in the pants if anything and AV delivers. Say what you want, he's a top-10 if not top-5 NHL coach and knows how to get the best out of his players.

For a players only meeting there seems to be a lot of what was discussed out in the open.

After your players only meeting isn't the company line to the media suppost to be, we talk about thing we need to work on and improve as a group? What was said in the room says in the room.

OMG.....what about the other threads saying there is nothing wrong, the Canucks are better than ever, and that they will flip a switch and dominate in the playoffs?????? Wasn't anyone who thought there was anything wrong a bandwagoner?

Does that mean our entire team are bandwagoners?

For a players only meeting there seems to be a lot of what was discussed out in the open.

After your players only meeting isn't the company line to the media suppost to be, we talk about thing we need to work on and improve as a group? What was said in the room says in the room.

Is anyone else concerned with this comment from our captain? I sure as hell am. This team is playing like garbage. I'm glad they realize something is wrong, but I'm not sure they really truly care. He also talks about being a little bit more desperate. How about a lot more desperate? The Sedins are quiet leaders. The coach or someone else in that room needs to spark this team and snap some sense into them.

that's not true...in smithers uganda, an orphanage built by businessmen and people of smithers, the game of hockey was introduced...road hockey was taught to the kids in that place and surrounding area....all equiptment was supplied.....i wouldn't be surprised if dan hamhuis had put money into the venture.

The problem is simply keys players are gone and were replaced by players who didnt fill the roles as expected. We were doing absolutely fine and scoring goals until an absolutely horrible trade was made. Really hope we will learn from recent mistakes or the downward spiral only continues.

i still laugh when i hear people who think they see things in games that management, coaches and players don't see...coaches go over game film, make players watch the mistakes they make and work on ways to improve their play....the team hasn't been playing bad hockey, they just aren't playing as good as they could. i'm sure every games the players go out with performing better in their minds....if our power play was working, those one goal loses would be wins and we wouldn't be going through this same testimony every year....not having a true 2nd line center has hurt, plus having too many left handed D-men who can't play well on the right side has caused a shuffling of D-men around and broke up the combinations that work....these aren't as much excuses as they are obsticles that the team has to over come...

i've coached teams that went out and to a man, thought they were giving it their all....and maybe they were, mentally...this team will turn it around or gillis will make changes, if he can...

the term bandwagoners, are those who give up on their team when they are losing, not those who criticize the team....

Archived