The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brandon Dubinski being shopped

According to Ottawa Sun (usually i never believe Garrioch) new Blue Jackets GM Kikoleinen is working the phones to trade Dubinski. The new GM has been given carte blanche to do as he sees fit as he and Davidson arent tied to any deals prior to their arrivals. They consider the Nash deal as still hanging over their heads and still consider to have gotten fleeced. Dubinski is still set to earn 4.2 mil over the next 3 seasons, which has been deemed to costly for the BJ's.

Here is to hoping that our very own GMMG is taking note and getting in board. I am sure we all know the skinny on Dubinski as to what he can do....... Git'er duunnn

Dubinsky would be a great addition, no doubt. We would once again be strong down the middle, and would have line-up flexibility when Kesler returns.

But he would intensify our cap crunch at the conclusion of this year. 4.2M is too much for a third line centre. I'm not sure how he could be fit beyond this season.

He is exactly what this team needs as its 3rd Center. He can play 2 until Kesler is back has decent size 6'1 210 and plays hard, gritty with effort every night. I'd say he's a poor man's Burrows.

Booth for him should get it done and if needed throw in a 4th rounder.

If this is true MG needs to get it done.

Im thinking Raymond/Schroeder for Dubinski

Look... We're going to lose Raymond anyway at the end of the year. Might as well turn him into something. I am still partial to thinking that Schroeder will never have a proper spot on this team. He is not a 3rd line guy..... Maybe on other teams he slots higher but on this team, no.

For the time being until Kesler gets back I like to see B-Dub fill in between Booth and Kassian. When Kes gets back, dubinski slots down to 3rd or heaven forbid Kes goes there.

Well I'd rather lose booth than Raymond. Can't believe I just said that but MayRay in my mind has come back with more heart, determination and grit than I ever thought he had.

This reminds me of last year when there was legitimate rumors that Dustin Brown was available mid year when LA was doing poorly and needed a shake up.

I was screaming that MG had to do what it took to get that kid and he probably didnt want to 'shake up his character team'...

Well we all saw what Dustin Brown did when it mattered. Imagine that guy on this team now?

Duby is a hard working gritty player, something this team sorely lacks. A guy who'll put his face in front of a puck, he was a Ranger fan favorite for his heart and effort.

We NEED this kid.

yup and that's why its fair...both guys could use a change of scenery. Booth has upside and clearly would be better suited to a more 'open' type game, where it isn't just d first and he can cheat a bit.

duby works well in a system like ours (see his play in NY).

its a fair swap

Archived