The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brandon Dubinski being shopped

Columbus needs some top 6 wingers so I think they'd be happy with a Booth for Dubinsky swap

Umberger - Johansen - Atkinson

Booth - Brassard - Foligno

Drazenovic - Anisimov - Prospal

Boll - Letestu - Mackenzie

Healthy line up

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Kassian - Kesler - Raymond

Higgins - Dubinsky - Hansen

Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

Columbus is lookin good if they can add a 3rd line LW

Fairness is irrelevant. Both teams have to want to do the deal.

Columbus is a low budget team, and are unlikely to take a chance on an overpaid, underperforming player. They'd be more likely to trade Dubinsky for cost effective assets such as picks, prospects or cheap roster players.

Ok so we'll give up less...hmm...

Think a bit buddy. As you said, he's underperforming. Hard to get rid of right? Well if they want a 4th rounder and Connaughton, or Weise, take em.

Some how I don't think that will get it done. And Columbus doesn't have any real scorers. Booth has had over 30 I believe twice? then some injury issues.

If anyone has a chance to hit 30 on that team it would be him. Worth the risk to swap for upside. Thats called asset mgmt.

In fact, it's in Vancouver, playing with talented players and away from the opposition's best checkers that Booth would have the best chance to put up 30 goals. I'm sure that was Gillis' thinking when he made the trade.

If going to Columbus and getting more minutes and opportunity would help Booth, then why hasn't it worked that way for Dubinsky or Anisimov?

I bet Hartikainen can think of better ways to invest 4.25M.

Archived