The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brandon Dubinski being shopped

Give them Schroeder and a 1st or 2nd round pick for Dubisnky.

Picks are extremely valuable, especially later in the season and for a team that's rebuilding. Gagne was had for a 4th rounder.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Dubisnky - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

That's a playoff-ready lineup.

I disagree. He can slide up to a second line center role, something we are desperately lacking. And should Kesler get hurt again (which appears to now be the norm), it is needed. I'd rather have the 4 mil tied up in a guy who fills a big hole we have (center) vs tied up in a role in which we are deep (wing).

So not sure how you can suggest he doesn't fit our team..its based on "NEEDS"

If you can find a high quality center with size and grit on the market, that can slide into a 2 or 3 role thats available please call Mike Gillis, because there are not many...

So yes for a 3rd line center its overpaying but, its shifting that overpayment from a surplus (wing) to a deficit (center) - which makes Absolute sense for the canucks.

And given our problems with injuries at the spot, come playoff time, its damn well worth having that insurance down the middle because as much as I like Schroeder, he needs to be playing in an offensive role (either 2c or a wing with kesler) vs. in a role than needs size and grit (3/4c).

So it does make sense for us.

Based on what they got for Nash, yea I guess I would if I were Columbus's GM.

Johansen doesn't have to help us win now. He's the piece for the future. Brassard wuld be our third line center this season.

Columbus gets a solid Schneider/Bobrovsky tandem to help them make a push for the playoffs. They are back in the picture after all.

According to Ottawa Sun (usually i never believe Garrioch) new Blue Jackets GM Kikoleinen is working the phones to trade Dubinski. The new GM has been given carte blanche to do as he sees fit as he and Davidson arent tied to any deals prior to their arrivals. They consider the Nash deal as still hanging over their heads and still consider to have gotten fleeced. Dubinski is still set to earn 4.2 mil over the next 3 seasons, which has been deemed to costly for the BJ's.

Here is to hoping that our very own GMMG is taking note and getting in board. I am sure we all know the skinny on Dubinski as to what he can do....... Git'er duunnn

Canucks should trade either Ballard or Booth for Dubinksy. The cap hits match and we are desperate for a big 2 way center. Not sure if the Jackets want a similar contract in return but this would be a perfect trade for the Canucks to solve the 2/3 C spot permanently. Ballard and Booth just don't fit our team.

Seems fair considering CBJ has Atkinson, and Johansen ready to become their top 2 centres. I don't think it would be enough though, and Gillis would still need to pull off another move to make this team a SERIOUS cup-contending threat

I can see the Jets making inquiries on Dubinsky. They are in desperate need of a responsible center like Dubinsky. Antropov will not be re-signed in the off-season (or at least shouldn't), and there is no guarantee that Scheifle will be ready for top 6 minutes next year.

Well, we also want to get rid of Lu without a bad contract coming our way. Look how well that is going so far. It is too bad for CBJ but if they want to get rid of Dubinsky's contract then they need to take a bad contract. This is how it is in the NHL right now, with the cap going down. No one is stupid to take someone's bad contract and give them cheap, young and talented players.

And this is why I go back to my post on the Jets making a play for him. They have the cap space to take him from the Blue Jackets, and the need of a center like Dubinsky. Far more likely a team like Winnipeg, Ottawa, or Toronto picks him up than Vancouver. All three of those teams have the cap space to take him on.

Archived