The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brandon Dubinski being shopped

Booth didn't play away from other teams best checkers playing on our second line. Sure the Sedins see the best but Kesler doesn't get much of a break there either bud.

Its more the system.

Its plain as day to anyone who's played hockey, that FLA players come from a much less restrictive system.

I think we now have what, 3 examples of players who have put up decent numbers in FLA only to come here and have challenges both offensively and defensively.

Booth, Ballard, Garrison.

All overpaid, all from FLA, all don't seem able to match their offensive output and all having challenges in our own end.

When its 3 for 3 usually there is some causality there, don't need a masters in research methods to figure that one out.

SO!

That means, if you move him to a more open system or at least less restrictive defensively (and I don't think anyone here who's watched a Canucks game doesn't know what happens when you don't play D first for AV - end up in the press box and dog house) , there is a better chance he will revert back to that 30 goal player.

Therefore he's worth the risk.

Now if its a cap dump well sure they won't want him. But if its just that they are paying a 3rd liner too much and would rather pay a 2nd liner that much its a very different issue and plausible.

They are rebuilding right now, I think a 1st round pick is minimum, trying to recuperate what they perceived to be fleeced from in the Nash trade. First round pick plus top 9 prospect/player is what it will cost imo.

Also, Booth's value is nothing right now, Ballard's Value is also pretty much nothing. Between the two they have a grand total of 2 points on the season, and for 8.4 on the cap. Good luck getting a 4th round pick for these guys.

He would be a great addition but I'm not sure what we could give up for him. Booth? The concerns have been made in other posts but they might be more inclined to having him on their team than you think.. He's still a really good player that looks like he's about to go in beast mode once he gets his first goal. I'm almost not sure I want to trade him but getting a centre right now would make alot of sense.

He would be a great addition to their hard working team. They need more talent and he brings just that. If he's in a first line role next year I have no doubt if healthy he could score 30. I think it makes sense for both teams but they might get a better deadline offer from another team. They probably want someone who will be an RFA not ufa since they are in rebuild.

Give them Schroeder and a 1st or 2nd round pick for Dubisnky.

Picks are extremely valuable, especially later in the season and for a team that's rebuilding. Gagne was had for a 4th rounder.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Dubisnky - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

That's a playoff-ready lineup.

I don't think that bringing in a guy @ 4.2 that can play in the middle on the second or third lines is a reach, plus he brings some much needed toughness and can also play the wing.

I think if MG can get this done that there will be other deals to follow to straighten out our cap. I think that once an initial deal is done, that the rest of the pieces will fall into place as far as where we're going with this lineup.

I think that the first deal will be the big one, and a couple of smaller ones to follow, would love it if Dubinsky were the so-called big one.

Would really love to see Clarkson end up here somehow as well, as he is a FA at the end of the season, I think we may be able to pry him out of NJ.

Archived