The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - CBJ

Xbox

I don't normally do these, but with the recent news on Dubinsky being shopped I started thinking about it. A few people agreed in the rumour thread as well. Both players could use a change of scenery. Van needs a 3rd line Centre, CBJ needs wingers (Johansen and friends coming up at centre). Cap hits and contracts are extremely similar as well.

To Vancouver:

Brandon Dubinsky

To Columbus

David Booth

4th round 2013

I don't normally do these, but with the recent news on Dubinsky being shopped I started thinking about it. A few people agreed in the rumour thread as well. Both players could use a change of scenery. Van needs a 3rd line Centre, CBJ needs wingers (Johansen and friends coming up at centre).

To Vancouver:

Brandon Dubinsky

To Columbus

David Booth

4th round 2013

Do those happen in the NHL?

That would be tremendously unfair to Raymond. Re-signing him would be an indication that the team wants to keep him in Vancouver, and Raymond would do it because he wants to stay here. Re-signing him and then trading him to a team he probably doesn't want to play for would be unethical. It would feel like a blow to the gut to Raymond, and it would effectively rob him of his right to free agency.

Archived