Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Proposal) VAN - CBJ

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

I don't normally do these, but with the recent news on Dubinsky being shopped I started thinking about it. A few people agreed in the rumour thread as well. Both players could use a change of scenery. Van needs a 3rd line Centre, CBJ needs wingers (Johansen and friends coming up at centre). Cap hits and contracts are extremely similar as well.

To Vancouver:

Brandon Dubinsky

To Columbus

David Booth
4th round 2013

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 10 March 2013 - 11:43 AM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#2 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

I don't normally do these, but with the recent news on Dubinsky being shopped I started thinking about it. A few people agreed in the rumour thread as well. Both players could use a change of scenery. Van needs a 3rd line Centre, CBJ needs wingers (Johansen and friends coming up at centre).

To Vancouver:

Brandon Dubinsky

To Columbus

David Booth
4th round 2013

hey that's what i suggested on the other thread!

you copying my ideas?

:shock: :bigblush:

#3 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

hmm, I have always liked dubinsky not sure they do this trade though

#4 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thing is, CLB is trying to shed Dubinsky's 4.2m contract, so I doubt they'd want to take back Booth's equally bad contract. Both are under performing, so it's bad for both teams.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

hey that's what i suggested on the other thread!

you copying my ideas?

:shock: :bigblush:

Posted that before you actually! But great minds think alike

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

i dont think gillis has the balls to do this

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#7 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Did you know that B-Dub and Honey Badger are great friends from their days in Portland? Jusss sayin

#8 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

There going to want Raymond instead. He's younger, cheaper, and more effective.

Raymond
Schroeder
Ballard

For

Dubinsky
Aucoin

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
Kassian-Dubinsky-Hansen
Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

Edler-Garrison
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Tanev-Aucoin

Schneider
Luongo

#9 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

There going to want Raymond instead. He's younger, cheaper, and more effective.

Raymond
Schroeder
Ballard

For

Dubinsky
Aucoin

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
Kassian-Dubinsky-Hansen
Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

Edler-Garrison
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Tanev-Aucoin

Schneider
Luongo

Raymond is an impending UFA. It doesn't make sense for Columbus to acquire him at this point.

#10 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Raymond is an impending UFA. It doesn't make sense for Columbus to acquire him at this point.

It'd be a sign and trade.

#11 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Thing is, CLB is trying to shed Dubinsky's 4.2m contract, so I doubt they'd want to take back Booth's equally bad contract. Both are under performing, so it's bad for both teams.

This is what I've argued in the rumours thread, and people disagree with me.

Columbus would be making this trade for financial reasons. As a low budget team, they have very little margin for error on their investments. They need good bang for buck. Dubinksy is paid like a top-6 forward but not performing like one, so they want to trade him. It would be illogical for them to trade him for another overpaid, underperforming player.

They'll likely want picks/prospects for Dubinsky.

#12 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

I hate to say this guys but im not fond of sestito being in when we have a full lineup i think that if we give a winger for dub its imperative that we get a good 4th liner back as well

#13 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

Do those happen in the NHL?

That would be tremendously unfair to Raymond. Re-signing him would be an indication that the team wants to keep him in Vancouver, and Raymond would do it because he wants to stay here. Re-signing him and then trading him to a team he probably doesn't want to play for would be unethical. It would feel like a blow to the gut to Raymond, and it would effectively rob him of his right to free agency.

#14 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

I hate to say this guys but im not fond of sestito being in when we have a full lineup i think that if we give a winger for dub its imperative that we get a good 4th liner back as well

Boll? I think you'd have to add a pick to my proposal to get him. Maybe 4th/5th?

#15 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Do those happen in the NHL?

That would be tremendously unfair to Raymond. Re-signing him would be an indication that the team wants to keep him in Vancouver, and Raymond would do it because he wants to stay here. Re-signing him and then trading him to a team he probably doesn't want to play for would be unethical. It would feel like a blow to the gut to Raymond, and it would effectively rob him of his right to free agency.

No. I mean Raymond would go to CBJ with the understanding that he'd sign a new contract upon his arrival. A trade and sign if you will.

#16 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Dubinsky , Boll and aucoin for Raymond ,Schroeder Ballard
Get er done mg
Grab clowe too

Sedin-Sedin -Kassian
Clowe-Burrows - Kesler
Higgins-Dubinsky - hansen
Sestito- pinnozzotto -Boll

Edited by DaMacNamedDre, 10 March 2013 - 12:41 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#17 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Dubinsky and boll for Raymond Schroeder Ballard
Get er done mg

Sedin-Sedin -Kassian
Booth-burrows - kesler
Higgins-Dubinsky - hansen
Sestito- pinnozzotto -Boll

add aucoin and i would do this trade.

Yes hard to loose schroeder but you have to give to get a big 2way center who can play wing and top 6 if needed

#18 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

No. I mean Raymond would go to CBJ with the understanding that he'd sign a new contract upon his arrival. A trade and sign if you will.

There cannot be an understanding before the trade. Teams cannot negotiate with players on other teams. Any why would Raymond agree to sign a contract with Columbus, a team he hasn't yet played for, rather than waiting a few months to test free agency?

#19 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Why would Mayray sign and accept going to CBJ when he's having a great year and will get some decent offers in the open market if he doesn't choose to stay in Vancouver?

I can see him saying I'd be happy to stay in Vancouver but if you're going to sign and trade me to Crap Columbus, well I'll go the UFA route after this fabulous comeback year I am having and go play in NY, LA, Detroit, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Chicago, anywhere but Columbus.

#20 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

add aucoin and i would do this trade.

Yes hard to loose schroeder but you have to give to get a big 2way center who can play wing and top 6 if needed

They won't want schroeder, we've destroyed his trade value right now...

#21 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Ballard and a pick for Duby might work though.

Assuming its not a pure salary dump. CBJ defense isn't that great and Ballard is easily a top 4, which makes his salary acceptable.

I don't like where that leaves our d though. Because Barker hasn't proven anything yet and Alberts, well he just outright scares me.

#22 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Columbus would never go Dubinsky for Booth straight up. Throw in a high pick and they might consider it.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#23 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Dubinsky is overpaid... we don't want that contract going into the next few years when we are in a cap crunch.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#24 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

raymond hasnt fully restored his value, hes just made him atleast tradeable. hes on pace for his 2nd best ppg year. but barely being a 0.5ppg isnt saying much for him on our team.

He could produce more on a lesser team where he would be given top 6 min, top pp, and pk.

We just need more grit than he has for the playoffs and his playoff numbers... they are less than exciting 51pg 16pts

#25 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Dubinsky is overpaid... we don't want that contract going into the next few years when we are in a cap crunch.

he is but he brings alot and i would like to see him with kesler on the wing. Just need to find a playmaker for them.

Ballard Raymond sweatt

for

Dubinsky, Aucoin

#26 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Dubinsky would be a tough sell for CLB because he has been a fairly good center for them. That being said, they need stronger wingers and have some young solid players coming up so it may be plausible.

#27 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,587 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Agreed^

I think it is a tough sell for anything short of an overpayment. Can't see them accepting Booth straight across. Nice idea though.

zackass.png

#28 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

I don't normally do these, but with the recent news on Dubinsky being shopped I started thinking about it. A few people agreed in the rumour thread as well. Both players could use a change of scenery. Van needs a 3rd line Centre, CBJ needs wingers (Johansen and friends coming up at centre). Cap hits and contracts are extremely similar as well.

To Vancouver:

Brandon Dubinsky

To Columbus

David Booth
4th round 2013

If Columbus wanted to make a "hockey trade" I could see this deal happening. Dubinsky could help at 3rd line center (even though he doesn't really play center, he's just good at faceoffs). However, if Columbus if trying to deal Dubinsky they're likely just trying to clear the contract and taking back Booth doesn't make much sense.

I'm not ready to give up on Booth yet either. He's played pretty well so far, just absolutely no luck. Canucks Army also posted an article showing Booth's possession numbers. He has he best possession numbers of any player on our team who's not named Sedin. Like the team in general, he's played better than the results indicate. Yes his contract is bothersome, but I still think he is a useful player. We can use him.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.