The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Regarding Trades

I have been thinking about some of CDC who will say " oh no! we'll never trade him! " although, you don't hear much of that these days, it reminded that, the other teams fans, coaches, and GM's are saying about the same thing, but..............There are many ways which a trade can occur, and some times those ways are very painful to everyone on both teams.

Lets Take Burrows for instance.....perfect player, cause I love him as a player! ( As all you do) I am sure.

Now, under most circumstances, I would not trade him, but if another team was short a goalie, and what we wanted was worth more than just our Goalie, say.......

Jamie Benn + 1st for Luongo + ????? would you give up Burrows for that trade? Point is that Benn is younger, bigger and more talented than Burrows, while we have young players who can fill in Burrows spot on Sedins line, ( Not like it hasn't happened before aka Carter ) but Kassian, and possibly Jensen could fill that spot more than adequately.....

The question should then be are we better off with Benn plus the pick and the drop in cap for the loss of a beloved Canuck........IMO Benn = Linden to Dallas, so I would probably do it in a heart beat......would you?

I love Burrows, but if we could acquire a jamie Benn type of player you have to take the deal in my opinion. And it would then allow booth or Kassian to play on the top line. I sure hope we develop Kassian properly and dont stick him on a 3rd or 4th line with no chance at showing us what he can do. He needs to be a top 6 guy for us.

The way i see it, in 2-3years

sedin sedin kassian

jensen Benn Kesler

ya i like that look and would trade burrows, as hard as it would be to do, you have to look at whats best for the team

Id trade kesler before I traded burrows personally.. It would have to be a hell of a return for me to give up burr, who's had more clutch moments than any other player in Canucks history.

I do think good hockey trades are what this team needs. Who's the hardest working player on the team lately? David booth, the newest forward that isn't a 4th liner or kid. That to me says we need fresh meat, the guys are to comfortable and the opposing team is hungrier most nights.

Anyone who suggests sacrificing any future to load this team up like a contender right now is down right crazy.. Got just as much chance pulling a flames as we do winning the division at this point.

Unless the pull out of this slump ASAP I propose trying a hockey trade if we can't move a goalie for a reasonable package.

Archived