The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 vs Minnesota 4

The Magician

Hey guys! Lettuce look at the positives.

1. Kassian has been playing great

2. Higgins has also been playing great

3. Luongo's in next game(Some might find this positive, I know I do).

4. Tanev is not injured

5. Neither is Hank

6. After being 0 for 4(or was it 5?) on the PP tonight, I'm sure we will all expect a big shake up on the PP. Garry on the first? Maybe Ballard? Heck Tanev has been our best D-man all season, put him on the PP.

If anyone wants to add in more, you're more than welcome!

Try and stay positive(I know, its hard...)

Why does he have to go maybe the defensive coach Bowness needs to go first maybe the PP coach Brown needs to go i don't know what people are expecting because for every coach that gets fired during the season usually just 1 actually has an impact on its time

Also they way people are building Ruff up you would think he would have a job already face facts he isn't going anywhere and if he does it will be at the end of the season its March 10th 24 games left to be played the regular season ends April 27th no new coach could turn any team around in that time

AV needs to let players play their game i really miss the time when lappy was actually allowed to play his role, and throw his body around and draw penalties, its killing me that he is on such a tight leash.

LET THEM PLAY AV!!!

This team needs to be thinking about making moves along the lines of Carter and Richards. Those types of trades.

Not picking up third liners for 2nd round picks.

If we have to dump Booth and Ballard for 7th round picks to get something done, then that's what they need to do.

It would be pretty pathetic to let this teams window slip away without at least an attempt to go all in. The Sedins aren't getting any younger.

Well on the bright side.. If we're going to crap the bed on a season with a good team and get a top pick, it might as well be a short and less painful one season with a deep draft.

Say we continue to slide all month even with a coaching change, we can turn into sellers and pick up another late first or 2 at the deadline in the deepest draft since 03. We still have a kickass core that just needs a coaching change and hockey trade or 2.

Saying we need to rebuild is dumb but this tank could turn out to be a blessing in disguise long term.

your argument is a goalie has to stop it in the first 30 seconds without looking at the quality of the chance (2 on 1), who the shooter is (parise), where he was in the circle, where Schieder is playing the shooter as he should (see hint number 4 that you know zero about hockey), where his defender was (doing nothing, as he's supposed to take away the pass)...see schnieds plays the shot and defender takes away the pass, schnieds isn't having to come across in desparation. Moreover, a 2 on 1 30 seconds in, hmm defence maybe? wow...endless proof of how little you get just in that one simple comment you made.

so gong on number one...

2 and 3 yes and what of all the other odd men rushes? pp's, and defensive screw ups that he covered up.

see buddy you're not a fan. you just love lou and want to 'be right' vs watching a game with any level of intelligence.

this game was not a goalies fault it was horrible play by our team, no defensive coverage, no heart no grit

but it makes you happy because you think you get to spit vitreol on people who think if a goalie has to go, it should be Lou.

ok good you did it

but your point is still nonsense.

Ya, we have tried the whole firing the assistants and sparing AV thing a few times before. They ALL need to go. This team needs a clean slate from a coaching perspective.

Dan Bylsma and Larry Robinson disagree that it is too late in the season for a coaching change to have an impact.

You really think Ruff does not have teams talking to him about a coaching job? If he wants one he will get one.

Maybe Gillis is too scared to make a change, who knows. But it is pretty obvious this team needs something big to shake it.......and the core players aren't going anywhere. That leaves AV and his tired coaching strategies as the obvious choice.

1st goal: Shot was taken from top of circle and yes nice shot but probably should have been stopped.

2nd goal: Agree no chance.

3rd goal: One timer from pass that came across the ice with no screen and went 5-hole. Again probably should have been stopped.

4th goal: Lost the post. Should have been stopped.

Now read this slowly. I am not saying its Schneiders fault. All I'm saying is that if that was Luo in net you would not have the same explanations for the goals. Schneider made some great saves and yes he gave the team a chance to win. Unfortunatley the team didn't seem to want to win tonight.

Here's an analogy for you.

A manager at a paper supply company (AV) manages a bunch of amazing salesmen. But he brings nothing of substance to the company except taking the credit for the amazing employees success, Unfortunately this manager is a lot like a gum chewing Michael Scott and is a distraction therefore disrupting these salesmen from doing what they do best. So does the owner then keep a person of leadership who is holding back his business?

It's time for a change.

Archived