The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 vs Minnesota 4

The Magician

For once I agree. We have so many grinder type 3rd line players playing more than they should. Why not package Booth and Higgins for someone who can actually produce at a 50 point pace. Depth is fine, but a team needs a foundation and just piling a bunch of 3rd liners onto a team and saying we have depth doesn't necessarily translate into actual goals.

Not to mention the coach's style stifles individual creativity. This has to be one of the most boring, one dimensional offensive teams in the league. Overrated offensively is the term that comes to mind. And the constant miscasting of players is getting ridiculous now.

Did anyone else see that one timer by Garrison on a feather pass by Ballard? I want to see that all game long on the PP. Get Edler off there and get Ballard/Garrison on for a few games.

lol...sure you did...

Schnieder played bad?

1. Goal 1 - 2 on 1 moving across and Parise (who is one of the most dangerous players in the league) got it off fast and in a good spot, and it found a hole. If you played anything other than waterboy at UMass there champ you'd get that

2. Goal 2 - tip in top of the crease from the backdoor coming across pass from behind the net/corner and no one touched the guy. So again, if you played anything other than waterboy you'd get that.

3. Goal 3 - one timer on a pp where the whole team was standing around (go look at that pp again, the whole 30 seconds of harlem globetrotter passing in our end, how no canuck moved or even put pressure on the puck), again one timer and screened. Again, if you played at Umass you;d get that.

4. Goal 4 well I didn't see it but if you think this game was bec of schnieder you didn't play anywhere but as umass on nhl 13 champ

5. How about the obscene oddman chances he stopped? how about the fact when it was 2-0 he held the team in shutting down 2 pp's by Minne? How about the breakaway? hmmm

go watch the game and think, and ya the highest level of hockey you've played is in the western ball hockey league c division, its pretty damn obvious.

So the issue with Garrison is he is slow as mud skating back to retrieve the puck. But on the flipside the Sedins cycle and dont even think of passing to him. He gets the puck by accident more than not. Partnering him with Edler is pointless since Edler wont ever pass back to set him up. I watched Garrison skate to the middle for the setup and nothing ever came,guy would be wide open.Very frustrating to watch.

Finally an argument with some meat.

I totally agree with you. I have been a huge Luo fan and will be very sad when he goes but I too feel that Schneider is our future and is one hell of a goaltender.

We can't deny that Luo has taken a lot of blame for losses that were clearly bad defense and lack of offense in front of him. I think Luo fans get annoyed that Schneider doesn't take the same kind of critisism. I mean come on Luo has been lights out and then has a bad game in Detroit and he is the same old Luo that choked in the '11 playoffs.

he has but i think it stems from the rollercoaster games, shut out one game, weak goals and 8 against the next in the playoffs.

you just can't have that in the playoffs, however 'on you are' when you're on, you can't be that bad when you're bad and he has been 'bad'

his issue has never been talent, work ethic, desire. its mental. the greatest goalies in the game have had nerves of steel. Hasek, Roy, Brodeur. Lou isn't that. I see more of that in Schnieder but only time will tell. Can Lou find it, maybe...and if he did I would be so happy for the guy to be able to say 'f u' doubters..i did it.

the man has done a terrific amount for this franchise, for this city, canucks place, he is a terrific person, athlete competitor. If he can find a way I'd love to see a story of overcoming the odds, but only if we get one HELL of a deal that secures our future by trading Schnieds.

gillis ruined this team....to many bad moves and mismanaging the whole goalie issue.

the team that had so much success is gone.... salo, samuelson, ehrhoff and luongo(not gone but might as well be if hes gonna be on the bench), ......manny situ unfortunate...and hate to say it but if we still had hodgson to fill in for kesler we would be better off.

oh well, shoulda coulda woulda...i say fire gillis.

Archived