The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 vs Minnesota 4

The Magician

Agree with the Edler rants and would love to see him traded. The NTC kicks in at the end of this year,so its now or never.

He comes across a little toxic,when I watch Tanev and him play. Looks like he demands the puck from him a lot exiting our zone.

One the PP he is a easy read for the opposition. He will one of two things and if there is no one down low they can force his hand.

Forcing him to make a play either gets him to cough the puck up to clear their zone or gets it into the hands of a teammate so the opposition can clear it or the dreaded out of play.

Its not just him though,the team is very predictable and the reason teams can tee off on them.

Why are we still putting 4 forwards up (esp someone like....schroeder on the point...)

Why no ballard on PP

Why Garrison only gets to play on 1/2 of the PP (isn't that why we got him?)

Why did it take like 2 games and half of this one for AV to take Schroeder away from our 4th line plugs

I still have total faith in the players, but AV...idk

Our star players are still playing like star players and our 2nd/3rd line forwards (Raymond/Hansen especially) are playing well.

We have two of the best goalies and most of our core is intact (sans Kesler/Bieksa)

Verdict?

Contents of closed door meeting?

Hank: "Av confided in me that MG has warned him his job is on the line if we don't improve. We all want him gone so we have to play poorly but not too poorly as we did in Detroit. We took it too far that game. Lou...thats was silly. Settle it down, lose by 1 or 2 goals for the next week and then we can push once we get a new coach. Any questions? No? ok, lets await a couple of minutes before we go out there so it looks like we were doing something in here."

Why are we still putting 4 forwards up (esp someone like....schroeder on the point...)

Why no ballard on PP

Why did it take like 2 games and half of this one for AV to take Schroeder away from our 4th line plugs

Our star players are still playing like star players and our 2nd/3rd line forwards (Raymond/Hansen especially) are playing well.

We have two of the best goalies and most of our core is intact (sans Kesler/Bieksa)

Verdict?

lol..no thats where you clearly play

bc you don't even get a simple point

2 on 1 (goal 1) Umass - what's the goalie's play? Shooter or pass? ANYONE who's played the game know's goalie takes the shooter, defender takes the pass.

Schnieds played it perfectly, defender, not sure who it was stood in the middle like a pylon and didn't take away the pass did he?

So now what? Schnieds has to come across hard. Well what happens when that happens UMASS Sniper? lol...holes open up, because the defender misplayed the situation.

He still almost got it but not enough, tough to stop a 10 million$ all star from inside the circle on a release that's off his stick as fast as it was on...

Again..thanks for proving my point...you play in the western ball hockey league, maybe d division with that lack of undertanding.

so he let in one bad goal (4th) and stopped how many odd man rushes? pp's, etc? hmm

ya..no 'hard on' buddy, just get it...you don't. You failed a simple read of a play above. Anyone who's played NCAA hockey has seen enough film to know who made the error on that play lol

nice try.

Ballard is in AV's dog house (but also apparently slightly hurt, but thats not the reason, doghouse is)

Garrison has pretty much sucked donkey as s since he got here

Schroeder can pass but given our other dmen are somewhere in the twighlight zone on the pp it doesn't really matter. I actually like him there, he moves the puck well and can shoot well. But he's better suited off the half boards.

It should be Tanev and Edler (if he can wake up)

and Ballard and Garrison

Why no ballard on PP

Verdict?

Ballard is in AV's dog house (but also apparently slightly hurt, but thats not the reason, doghouse is)

Garrison has pretty much sucked donkey as s since he got here

Schroeder can pass but given our other dmen are somewhere in the twighlight zone on the pp it doesn't really matter. I actually like him there, he moves the puck well and can shoot well. But he's better suited off the half boards.

It should be Tanev and Edler (if he can wake up)

and Ballard and Garrison

lol..no thats where you clearly play

bc you don't even get a simple point

2 on 1 (goal 1) Umass - what's the goalie's play? Shooter or pass? ANYONE who's played the game know's goalie takes the shooter, defender takes the pass.

Schnieds played it perfectly, defender, not sure who it was stood in the middle like a pylon and didn't take away the pass did he?

So now what? Schnieds has to come across hard. Well what happens when that happens UMASS Sniper? lol...holes open up, because the defender misplayed the situation.

He still almost got it but not enough, tough to stop a 10 million$ all star from inside the circle on a release that's off his stick as fast as it was on...

Again..thanks for proving my point...you play in the western ball hockey league, maybe d division with that lack of undertanding.

so he let in one bad goal (4th) and stopped how many odd man rushes? pp's, etc? hmm

ya..no 'hard on' buddy, just get it...you don't. You failed a simple read of a play above. Anyone who's played NCAA hockey has seen enough film to know who made the error on that play lol

nice try.

**Edit: Oh I just watched the replay, it was Tanev who pretty much was caught flat footed and effectively was a pylon so it was more of a pseudo 2 on 0 ....

Must have been so good at 'UMass' that you didn't have to watch film hey champ?

LMAO

lol did you even watch the first goal? Yes it was crappy d coverage with him taking the shooter, but Schneider read that play fine he was over in plenty of time for the shot and he whiffed on it, it bounced off his arm and went in

please stop talking like you played in the NHL you embarrassment, you sound like that other guy on here that acts like he's an NHL goalie coach.

And I already messaged you proof that I played NCAA hockey lol didn't want to publicly own you on here

It is NOT a question of Edler waking up. He has a bad back. he told the media, it is not secret. Everyone knows, it is , in is own words, something that he will likely have to deal with for the rest of his career. So, what you see now is what you will get for the next 5 and 1/2/ years. Period. He is limited by his back. that is the reality and no wishful thinking will change that, so fans better accept it.

It is NOT a question of Edler waking up. He has a bad back. he told the media, it is not secret. Everyone knows, it is , in is own words, something that he will likely have to deal with for the rest of his career. So, what you see now is what you will get for the next 5 and 1/2/ years. Period. He is limited by his back. that is the reality and no wishful thinking will change that, so fans better accept it.

Archived