Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[PGT] Canucks 2 vs Minnesota 4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
462 replies to this topic

#331 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Well that is an entirely different issue. If you question that, then blame MG, but stop blaming Edler. He does what he can. try to even walk with a bad back!

EXCUSES.....the hallmark of CDC.

#332 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

riigght, I seached every college team and hundreds of players and happened to find the one player from Vancouver on Umass Boston and am just pretending it's me lol. don't be mad cause you're 40 and failed at hockey in whatever bushleague level you used to play in.

You only post in PGT when it's after a Schneider loss and you come in making excuses for him and bringing up past times Luongo has "choked" like it's somehow relevant and then 2 posts later you act like you're a fan of both goalies lol

why you keep saying you played at Umass? why do you keep insulting me? why do you keep crying?

oh that's right, bc you didn't and you want everyone to think you did

and you're getting all mad behind your screen because some anonymous person doesn't believe your tall tale

nhl 13

#333 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,512 posts

According to what Edler said himself, his problem is chronic and likely here to stay. You can go back to his own comments about his back.

thats no good i don't know then he still has some signs he is an effective player just has been horrible defensively this year

#334 gaydar

gaydar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

don't rag on him about being highschool whats wrong with that?

Touche, absolutely nothing wrong with that, but this clowns maturity level is in the gutter.

#335 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

My options tonight: Watch Canucks hockey or go out and play hockey. I went with the latter of the two. I see we lost so I didn't really make a bad decision(canucks seem to win when I don't watch. Thought I was doing the team a favour((as if i'm some sort of luck or unlucky thing for them haha)) How was the game anyway? All im hearing is goaltending which is confusing to me cause its a team sport not a goalie showdown. Did the team have more of a jump to their step or just more of the same? I can't wait til this team turns it around. Maybe it'll happen leading into the playoffs and we can get a deep run *fingers crossed* :towel:

they played a sloppy, poor defensive, and a game lacking of emotion excluding a few minutes early in the game. they look like they're trying to get av fired to be honest

#336 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Yes we have them and 20 other guys who are not young players. Gillis is all about a veteran team......makes sense to hire a coach who can hold vets accountable considering none of those 3 players are the issue with this team right now.

Are the veterans not playing like they can?? The Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Hamhuis, Raymond, Garrison, Bieksa.. who is not performing to their potential??

#337 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

why you keep saying you played at Umass? why do you keep insulting me? why do you keep crying?

oh that's right, bc you didn't and you want everyone to think you did

and you're getting all mad behind your screen because some anonymous person doesn't believe your tall tale

nhl 13

lol who's crying? you're the one getting upset about me playing college hockey and are trying to convince yourself that I didn't, you're the one who keeps saying you played at a "high level" and were the one who originally brought it up yet you have yet to say where you played and what level you played at. Then again with how old you are it was probably a long time ago, keep living in the past with your failed aspirations of being a hockey player

Edited by Primus099, 10 March 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#338 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Touche, absolutely nothing wrong with that, but this clowns maturity level is in the gutter.

always one moron who needs to feel like he's part of a group who piles on

atta boy...feel like you have a friend now with fake umass?

#339 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

EXCUSES.....the hallmark of CDC.

A bad back is NOT an excuse, it is a fact. My point is Edler is playing as well as he can. I am saying, stop blaming him. He is playing as well as he can, and I will add, so are most of the players.

#340 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

lol who's crying? you're the one getting upset about me playing college hockey and are trying to convince yourself that I didn't, you're the one who keeps saying you played at a "high level" and were the one who originally brought it up yet you have yet to say where you played and what level you played at. Then again with how old you are it was probably a long time ago, keep living in the past with your failed aspirations of being a hockey player

who's crying? who keeps sending my private emails? and insulting again lol - sign of a weak mind and a lost argument, you just keep proving my point for me don't you superstar lol

dude go tell your stories to your gf as i said maybe she'll buy it and you can feel like a man lol

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 10 March 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#341 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

always one moron who needs to feel like he's part of a group who piles on

atta boy...feel like you have a friend now with fake umass?

man you're really upset about me playing College hockey eh? lol

#342 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

thats no good i don't know then he still has some signs he is an effective player just has been horrible defensively this year

Of course he does some good things. He is good player who is limited by a bad back, get on with it and accept it.

#343 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Are the veterans not playing like they can?? The Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Hamhuis, Raymond, Garrison, Bieksa.. who is not performing to their potential??

The vets are mailing it in for the most part.......they need a kick in the pants to play better as a TEAM.

#344 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm not worried about this team yet but seriously I was hoping that if we would end up looking like this that av would get fired but no...

Posted Image

#345 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

A bad back is NOT an excuse, it is a fact. My point is Edler is playing as well as he can. I am saying, stop blaming him. He is playing as well as he can, and I will add, so are most of the players.

No, it is an excuse. Has Edler said he has a bad back currently? Has he used that as an excuse for his absolutely appalling play? If this is as well as he can play then they need to trade him now before the rest of the league figures it out.

You make him sound like he is out on the ice trying to maneuver his wheelchair fast enough to keep up with oncoming forwards........

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 10 March 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#346 rfus88

rfus88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

I thought the Canucks showed some urgency in the first period, then Wild picked it up and it was a close game, Canucks with some bad defensive breakdowns and poor coverage plus alot of missed opportunities. Namely Hansen`s breakaway which I think would have changed momentum, and Burrows who is doing everything but scoring.

Schneider needed to make that save on the second Pariseeee goal to keep them in. Still have faith , kb3 return on the horizon.

#347 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

1 win in 7 games, ohh yeah we're a contender all right. Let's tank and get a top 3 draft pick!!

Edit: the guy above me sounds like AV. Stop making excuses people this team is playing extremely below its capabilities and it's pretty pathetic to watch

Edited by ashbury, 10 March 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#348 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

1 win in 7 games, ohh yeah we're a contender all right. Let's tank and get a top 3 draft pick!!

Edit: the guy above me sounds like AV. Stop making excuses people this team is playing extremely below its capabilities and it's pretty pathetic to watch

nothing wrong with being postive unlike you and quite a few people on this board that have gone full panic mode its quite pathetic

#349 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Buretomogilny and primus099.. Why don't you both stop responding to each other. All your doing is coming up with personal attacks and its completely pointless. Take it from a guy with 2 warning points that its not really worth it. Quit arguing with each other and move on.

Neither of you look like very intelligent individuals the longer you keep this going. Close your laptops and go to bed, come back tomorrow with a clear head.

I honestly didnt mean that to rhyme. I'm not that big of a loser lol

Edited by thad, 10 March 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#350 LionofJudah

LionofJudah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

they played a sloppy, poor defensive, and a game lacking of emotion excluding a few minutes early in the game. they look like they're trying to get av fired to be honest

Thanks for the response! maybe they want changes to be made who knows. Let's hope something happens either a change up top or different players. I don't really care what I just want to see them play better hockey like I know they can. I'd watch the flames if I wanted to see hockey played like this :(. Sad sad fan.
Sabali, Sabali, Sabali, yonkontê. Sabali, Sabali, Sabali, kiye. Ni kêra môgô.
Sabali - that's patience.

#351 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Stop winnin' for MacKinnon, no bones for Seth Jones, don't give in for Drouin... etc, etc.

#352 jj99

jj99

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Only 3 more weeks and the Jays start........these losers should be out of it by then

#353 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Anyone who disagrees with changing coaches needs to give their head a shake

The coach is not the problem. If you fire AV and put someone else in there, you still have a team that wants to coast for 40 minutes and then believe that they can have an exciting come from behind victory in the 3rd or OT.
MG has his work cut out for him because this is one really disfunctional team. We have the talent but not talent that fits together.

#354 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

nothing wrong with being postive unlike you and quite a few people on this board that have gone full panic mode its quite pathetic

Have you been seeing what's happend in the last 2 weeks? we are 19th in the league in wins, 3-4-3 in the last 10 and only 2 points out of 11th with half the season over. If people are gonna panic now is the time to not when its too late. If anything has been pathetic in the last 2 weeks it's the canucks play. Diehard fan stating the facts.

Edited by rampage, 10 March 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#355 redhdlois

redhdlois

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

It is NOT a question of Edler waking up. He has a bad back. he told the media, it is not secret. Everyone knows, it is , in is own words, something that he will likely have to deal with for the rest of his career. So, what you see now is what you will get for the next 5 and 1/2/ years. Period. He is limited by his back. that is the reality and no wishful thinking will change that, so fans better accept it.

So why did we sign him to the contract if we knew he had a bad back and was not going to perform up to par??

No point in defending him........

#356 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

BuretoMogilny would ya shutup!
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#357 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,560 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Buretomogilny and primus099.. Why don't you both stop responding to each other. All your doing is coming up with personal attacks and its completely pointless. Take it from a guy with 2 warning points that its not really worth it. Quit arguing with each other and move on.

No, no, no. We need to be lambasted with marvelous boasts about playing college hockey and who is indeed the bigger crybaby. FAR more entertaining that the game we just witnessed.

comeundone.gif

#358 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Wowsa. I had to PVR the game tonight, after the first few minutes I could see where this one was going.

Same story it's been for the last while. It's like groundhog day every time they step on the ice. Poor goaltending by Schneider, team failing to score goals and a non-existent PP. Not only are they NOT scoring goals, but they're NOT generating chances. Tonight they generated 8 chances - the norm is about 15. On a team like Minnesota, it should be above that. So 8 chances is one of the most atrocious things I've seen in long time. Well..... other than only creating 12 against the Blue Jackets last game.

I think they're making a mistake not using the other goalie as he's been the better this year. I don't care what the name on the back of the jersey says, use the goaltender that's got better #'s:
A) One has a well above league average even strength SV%.
B ) The other has well below league average even strength SV%.
Which one would you use? The Canucks have used option b. It's not working.

I have to believe this team will be better sooner rather than later. But they need a jump to get going, using goaltender A should give them that boost.

Also, Tanevs dad in the Close Up segment was hilarious! Talking about Tanev at 4 yrs old falling on the ice and crying - waiting for his mom to come pick him up. That was awesome! :)

#359 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Yah that sucked. Re-group for Columbus guys. Gotta start stringing some wins together.
Posted Image

#360 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Neither of you look like very intelligent individuals the longer you keep this going. Close your laptops and go to bed, come back tomorrow with a clear head.

I honestly didnt mean that to rhyme. I'm not that big of a loser lol

I'm done, but he gets into flame wars with about 4 people in every thread he posts in so he may not be yet

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.