The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 vs Minnesota 4

The Magician

Too many 3rd line-type players being sked to provide secondary scoring. Offensive talent doesn't always come with flawless defensive responsibility. AV's insistence that everyone has to be great defensively hs stymied the offensive development of the club. I like Higgins, Booth, Hansen, Lappy even Raymond buth these guys are third line checkers with some offensive upside. THey are unable to generate any meaningful offensive pressure on a consitent basis. If the D don't score, it's up to the Sedins and honestly, they don't look like they have it in them this year. Maybe they're tired of not having any real help in the offence department and paying thie price by being targeted by every team in the league.

I honestly have not witnessed any team this year struggle to generate offensive opportunities as much as the Nucks. They need bonafide offensive power on that 2nd line. IT will cost assets but MG is delusional if he thinks the offensive talent on this team will take them far.

your argument is a goalie has to stop it in the first 30 seconds without looking at the quality of the chance (2 on 1), who the shooter is (parise), where he was in the circle, where Schieder is playing the shooter as he should (see hint number 4 that you know zero about hockey), where his defender was (doing nothing, as he's supposed to take away the pass)...see schnieds plays the shot and defender takes away the pass, schnieds isn't having to come across in desparation. Moreover, a 2 on 1 30 seconds in, hmm defence maybe? wow...endless proof of how little you get just in that one simple comment you made.

so gong on number one...

2 and 3 yes and what of all the other odd men rushes? pp's, and defensive screw ups that he covered up.

see buddy you're not a fan. you just love lou and want to 'be right' vs watching a game with any level of intelligence.

this game was not a goalies fault it was horrible play by our team, no defensive coverage, no heart no grit

but it makes you happy because you think you get to spit vitreol on people who think if a goalie has to go, it should be Lou.

ok good you did it

but your point is still nonsense.

Canucks must make significant and major moves at the trade deadline if they want to have any shot at the cup this year. If not, they have a lot to do in the off season to even think of being in the conversation again. The window is almost closed, Gillis are you going to do something or not?

AV and the coaching staff should be shown the exit. The entire culture and philosophy needs a huge shakeup. Either one of Luongo or Schneider has to be traded soon, this goalie drama and soap-opera is a negative distraction for everyone.

Not enough offensive talent or skill out there. This team has a scoring problem, it is very obvious. Other than the Sedins and with Kesler out, it is a bunch of plugs/grinders.

As expected, Minny wins the game. The Canucks are totally lost and just do not have the motivation and fire anymore.

This team needs to be thinking about making moves along the lines of Carter and Richards. Those types of trades.

Not picking up third liners for 2nd round picks.

If we have to dump Booth and Ballard for 7th round picks to get something done, then that's what they need to do.

It would be pretty pathetic to let this teams window slip away without at least an attempt to go all in. The Sedins aren't getting any younger.

Goaltending is the least of our problems.

Here's a list of things more concerning than the goalies:

- Offence

- Edler

- Defence

- Edler

- Consistency

- Edler

- Urgency

- Edler

- PP

- Edler

- Coaching

- Edler

- AV's gum supply

So, yeah.

We still don't know our starting goaltender, lol. If we lose next game, I could really see a BIG change happening in the next few weeks.

No I didnt blame lou for 8 in detroit

Look I am a fan and have been for 30 years. I was at games 2, 5 and seven of the scf and every game vs chi and 2 vs sj. I want the nucks to win a cup, I want them to be competitive every year and have a chance.

Do I think Lou can carry us, I have doubts because of his play in the playoffs. he is not the same goalie that stole games when he first got here, is he still elite yes. But if we need to trade somene I say him because in my view I think Schnieder is the better goalie and I think he's mentally stronger - add in cheaper and younger

How this translates into "i Hate Lou", "I cheer against Lou" " I blame Lou" I have no idea. I want the nucks to win. I don't care who's in net if they do. I do care about the playoffs and having a goalie who doesn't get rattled between the pipes and Lou does/has.

Is that our only issue, clearly not. Our defense needs some major help as does our offense and pretty much every part of our game.

If Schnieds costs a game, I'd be more than willing to say it, and I have also praised Lou this year.

So please don't generalize that people who feel schnieder is the guy to go fwd with automatically means you 'hate' lou...big difference

Too many 3rd line-type players being sked to provide secondary scoring. Offensive talent doesn't always come with flawless defensive responsibility. AV's insistence that everyone has to be great defensively hs stymied the offensive development of the club. I like Higgins, Booth, Hansen, Lappy even Raymond buth these guys are third line checkers with some offensive upside. THey are unable to generate any meaningful offensive pressure on a consitent basis. If the D don't score, it's up to the Sedins and honestly, they don't look like they have it in them this year. Maybe they're tired of not having any real help in the offence department and paying thie price by being targeted by every team in the league.

I honestly have not witnessed any team this year struggle to generate offensive opportunities as much as the Nucks. They need bonafide offensive power on that 2nd line. IT will cost assets but MG is delusional if he thinks the offensive talent on this team will take them far.

Whatever is the problem(or problems)with our team, needs immediate attention. This embarrassment should stop for sake of the players. With the talent we have how this can be happening? I hope MG finally makes some changes, perhaps AV is first on his list, or ownership should analyze MG work. Whatever happens in the next few weeks lets not loose fate in our guys. They are still our home team.

who's available though?

from the Canucks perspective, I'd say

Ballard

Higgins

Raymond

Booth

all of the 4th liners

Ballard

Edler (yes, even Edler at this point is expendable. The amount of money tied up with d-men on this team is just insane)

Here's what GMMG should do:

Edler for Bobby Ryan

Higgins and Booth for Danny Briere

Ballard for Roman Polak (beast of a Right handed D)

Sauve, pick for Mark Streit (can set Garrison up on pp like Campbell)

Rodin for Marcel Goc

Undecided on goaltending. It's suppose to be the strongest position but it hasn't looked that way.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Briere-Kesler-Ryan

Raymond-Goc-Hansen

Weise-Lapierre-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev

Streit-Polak

Luongo/Schneider

A man can dream....

Archived