462 replies to this topic

#241 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,203 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

If this team keeps playing like this I hope to see some empty seats at Rogers soon. Maybe the sellout streak ending will push ownership to make a move.

This ended quite some time ago. The organization very obviously buys up the leftover seats them selves to call it a sellout.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#242 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Hey guys! Lettuce look at the positives.

1. Kassian has been playing great
2. Higgins has also been playing great
3. Luongo's in next game(Some might find this positive, I know I do).
4. Tanev is not injured
5. Neither is Hank
6. After being 0 for 4(or was it 5?) on the PP tonight, I'm sure we will all expect a big shake up on the PP. Garry on the first? Maybe Ballard? Heck Tanev has been our best D-man all season, put him on the PP.

If anyone wants to add in more, you're more than welcome!

Try and stay positive(I know, its hard...)

8. We're streaking better than the 'Hawks (if you use a sample size of the last 72 hours or so)
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#243 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

This type of reply shows up every ???? year...

Its like the only thing u know is to blow things up

that reply is better than any of your 2000+ posts

#244 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Can someone tell me why we pay David Booth 4+million year?

4.2 million for one assist. That better be the best damn assist ever. Wait, 2, he has two now! ok, 2.1 million per assist, that I can handle.:P

Edited by hsedin33, 10 March 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#245 ssir_78

ssir_78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

what argument against lou? i think schnieder is the better goalie yes, and if we're trading someone trade lou.

do i cheer against lou? what kind of idiot fan cheers against their own goalie dipstick?

I believe the argument was "who chocked in the playoffs against boston and who had a better GAA and save % last year.

Oh how quickly you forget.

Who said anything about cheering against our team. Go back and try reading a little. I like both goalies and have never said that either has been the reason for our short comings.

#246 ALTtimegreat

ALTtimegreat

Comets Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Playoffs? They're not making the playoffs, my friend.

Gillis does nothing or just minor signings at the deadline then he should be let go. This team is not one minor signing away from going all the way.

The sedins, hamhuis, bieksa aint getting any younger. It's ALL IN for the cup or get mutiple 1st rounders this upcoming draft.

Edited by ALTtimegreat, 10 March 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#247 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,459 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Why does he have to go maybe the defensive coach Bowness needs to go first maybe the PP coach Brown needs to go i don't know what people are expecting because for every coach that gets fired during the season usually just 1 actually has an impact on its time

Also they way people are building Ruff up you would think he would have a job already face facts he isn't going anywhere and if he does it will be at the end of the season its March 10th 24 games left to be played the regular season ends April 27th no new coach could turn any team around in that time

Ya, we have tried the whole firing the assistants and sparing AV thing a few times before. They ALL need to go. This team needs a clean slate from a coaching perspective.

Dan Bylsma and Larry Robinson disagree that it is too late in the season for a coaching change to have an impact.

You really think Ruff does not have teams talking to him about a coaching job? If he wants one he will get one.

Maybe Gillis is too scared to make a change, who knows. But it is pretty obvious this team needs something big to shake it.......and the core players aren't going anywhere. That leaves AV and his tired coaching strategies as the obvious choice.

Sure, why not waste yet another season with an already aging team by not doing what is necessary now?

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 10 March 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#248 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

buretomogilny u

U do have your schneider undies on today wow bud, goal 1 was garbage a goalie does not help the team getting scored on in the first 30 seconds... ya goal 2 and 3 where bad defence 4 th goal was weak seconds after we get a goal to make it a 1 goal game.

your argument is a goalie has to stop it in the first 30 seconds without looking at the quality of the chance (2 on 1), who the shooter is (parise), where he was in the circle, where Schieder is playing the shooter as he should (see hint number 4 that you know zero about hockey), where his defender was (doing nothing, as he's supposed to take away the pass)...see schnieds plays the shot and defender takes away the pass, schnieds isn't having to come across in desparation. Moreover, a 2 on 1 30 seconds in, hmm defence maybe? wow...endless proof of how little you get just in that one simple comment you made.

so gong on number one...

2 and 3 yes and what of all the other odd men rushes? pp's, and defensive screw ups that he covered up.

see buddy you're not a fan. you just love lou and want to 'be right' vs watching a game with any level of intelligence.

this game was not a goalies fault it was horrible play by our team, no defensive coverage, no heart no grit

but it makes you happy because you think you get to spit vitreol on people who think if a goalie has to go, it should be Lou.

ok good you did it

but your point is still nonsense.

#249 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

AV needs to let players play their game i really miss the time when lappy was actually allowed to play his role, and throw his body around and draw penalties, its killing me that he is on such a tight leash.
LET THEM PLAY AV!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's Gillis that wanted Lappy not to chirp not AV.

#250 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

what argument against lou? i think schnieder is the better goalie yes, and if we're trading someone trade lou.

do i cheer against lou? what kind of idiot fan cheers against their own goalie dipstick?

Hard to trade a goalie with NTC... Do u know what NTC means.... the teams lou considered waving it didn't want to give up what he is worth

#251 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,770 posts

This team needs to be thinking about making moves along the lines of Carter and Richards. Those types of trades.

Not picking up third liners for 2nd round picks.

If we have to dump Booth and Ballard for 7th round picks to get something done, then that's what they need to do.

It would be pretty pathetic to let this teams window slip away without at least an attempt to go all in. The Sedins aren't getting any younger.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#252 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,183 posts

Well on the bright side.. If we're going to crap the bed on a season with a good team and get a top pick, it might as well be a short and less painful one season with a deep draft.

Say we continue to slide all month even with a coaching change, we can turn into sellers and pick up another late first or 2 at the deadline in the deepest draft since 03. We still have a kickass core that just needs a coaching change and hockey trade or 2.

Saying we need to rebuild is dumb but this tank could turn out to be a blessing in disguise long term.

#253 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Turned it off after the 2nd period. I just knew.

#254 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

With every loss comes a larger chance that MG will do something.. so that's something to look forward to, right? :/

Not necessarily.

Desperation, panic trades are rarely any good. If, on the other hand, Gillis is finally moved to give the OK to a trade that's already been in the works since the pre-season, for example, then great. Trade Lu, and let's go from there.

#255 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

your argument is a goalie has to stop it in the first 30 seconds without looking at the quality of the chance (2 on 1), who the shooter is (parise), where he was in the circle, where Schieder is playing the shooter as he should (see hint number 4 that you know zero about hockey), where his defender was (doing nothing, as he's supposed to take away the pass)...see schnieds plays the shot and defender takes away the pass, schnieds isn't having to come across in desparation. Moreover, a 2 on 1 30 seconds in, hmm defence maybe? wow...endless proof of how little you get just in that one simple comment you made.

so gong on number one...

2 and 3 yes and what of all the other odd men rushes? pp's, and defensive screw ups that he covered up.

see buddy you're not a fan. you just love lou and want to 'be right' vs watching a game with any level of intelligence.

this game was not a goalies fault it was horrible play by our team, no defensive coverage, no heart no grit

but it makes you happy because you think you get to spit vitreol on people who think if a goalie has to go, it should be Lou.

ok good you did it

Schneider was the easier trade should've traded him for someone who could be here helping the canucks out... Lou deserve his NTC i will tell u his length of contract is ridiculous

#256 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Ya, we have tried the whole firing the assistants and sparing AV thing a few times before. They ALL need to go. This team needs a clean slate from a coaching perspective.

Dan Bylsma and Larry Robinson disagree that it is too late in the season for a coaching change to have an impact.

You really think Ruff does not have teams talking to him about a coaching job? If he wants one he will get one.

Maybe Gillis is too scared to make a change, who knows. But it is pretty obvious this team needs something big to shake it.......and the core players aren't going anywhere. That leaves AV and his tired coaching strategies as the obvious choice.

I couldn't agree more. I've felt this way ever since game 7 in 2011 SCF. This team has so much talent, yet it rarely shows. What is missing is some jam. Players who will dictate the game with physical play, thus allowing the finesse players to take over.

#257 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,929 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Well who's it gonna be,who is gonna be the 17th coach in Canuck history.

Hopefully Ruff

apple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

#258 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

1st goal: Shot was taken from top of circle and yes nice shot but probably should have been stopped.

2nd goal: Agree no chance.

3rd goal: One timer from pass that came across the ice with no screen and went 5-hole. Again probably should have been stopped.

4th goal: Lost the post. Should have been stopped.

Now read this slowly. I am not saying its Schneiders fault. All I'm saying is that if that was Luo in net you would not have the same explanations for the goals. Schneider made some great saves and yes he gave the team a chance to win. Unfortunatley the team didn't seem to want to win tonight.

No I didnt blame lou for 8 in detroit

Look I am a fan and have been for 30 years. I was at games 2, 5 and seven of the scf and every game vs chi and 2 vs sj. I want the nucks to win a cup, I want them to be competitive every year and have a chance.

Do I think Lou can carry us, I have doubts because of his play in the playoffs. he is not the same goalie that stole games when he first got here, is he still elite yes. But if we need to trade somene I say him because in my view I think Schnieder is the better goalie and I think he's mentally stronger - add in cheaper and younger

How this translates into "i Hate Lou", "I cheer against Lou" " I blame Lou" I have no idea. I want the nucks to win. I don't care who's in net if they do. I do care about the playoffs and having a goalie who doesn't get rattled between the pipes and Lou does/has.

Is that our only issue, clearly not. Our defense needs some major help as does our offense and pretty much every part of our game.

If Schnieds costs a game, I'd be more than willing to say it, and I have also praised Lou this year.

So please don't generalize that people who feel schnieder is the guy to go fwd with automatically means you 'hate' lou...big difference

#259 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Here's an analogy for you.

A manager at a paper supply company (AV) manages a bunch of amazing salesmen. But he brings nothing of substance to the company except taking the credit for the amazing employees success, Unfortunately this manager is a lot like a gum chewing Michael Scott and is a distraction therefore disrupting these salesmen from doing what they do best. So does the owner then keep a person of leadership who is holding back his business?

It's time for a change.

The point was that both can criticize the team but one works from the expectation that the team owes them personally to be good, while the other simply wishes for the team to succeed. Sorry that wasn't clear.

#260 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,262 posts

We still don't know our starting goaltender, lol. If we lose next game, I could really see a BIG change happening in the next few weeks.

307mg00.jpg

#261 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

POPULAR

Too many 3rd line-type players being sked to provide secondary scoring. Offensive talent doesn't always come with flawless defensive responsibility. AV's insistence that everyone has to be great defensively hs stymied the offensive development of the club. I like Higgins, Booth, Hansen, Lappy even Raymond buth these guys are third line checkers with some offensive upside. THey are unable to generate any meaningful offensive pressure on a consitent basis. If the D don't score, it's up to the Sedins and honestly, they don't look like they have it in them this year. Maybe they're tired of not having any real help in the offence department and paying thie price by being targeted by every team in the league.

I honestly have not witnessed any team this year struggle to generate offensive opportunities as much as the Nucks. They need bonafide offensive power on that 2nd line. IT will cost assets but MG is delusional if he thinks the offensive talent on this team will take them far.

#262 ssir_78

ssir_78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

so gong on number one...

ok good you did it

You need to work on your reading or your reading comprehension.

At no time did anyone say it was the goalies fault tonight. This whole stupid argument started about someone saying that if Luo was in net it would have been the goalies fault but because Schneider was in net it wasn't his fault.

If you can't see that this fanbase has been blaming Luo for years and when Schneids has the same outcome its the teams fault instead.

I will say it for a fourth time. Our goalies aren't our problem!!!!!

#263 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Canucks must make significant and major moves at the trade deadline if they want to have any shot at the cup this year. If not, they have a lot to do in the off season to even think of being in the conversation again. The window is almost closed, Gillis are you going to do something or not?

AV and the coaching staff should be shown the exit. The entire culture and philosophy needs a huge shakeup. Either one of Luongo or Schneider has to be traded soon, this goalie drama and soap-opera is a negative distraction for everyone.

Not enough offensive talent or skill out there. This team has a scoring problem, it is very obvious. Other than the Sedins and with Kesler out, it is a bunch of plugs/grinders.

As expected, Minny wins the game. The Canucks are totally lost and just do not have the motivation and fire anymore.

Edited by van_ws, 10 March 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#264 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

This team needs to be thinking about making moves along the lines of Carter and Richards. Those types of trades.

Not picking up third liners for 2nd round picks.

If we have to dump Booth and Ballard for 7th round picks to get something done, then that's what they need to do.

It would be pretty pathetic to let this teams window slip away without at least an attempt to go all in. The Sedins aren't getting any younger.

For once I agree. We have so many grinder type 3rd line players playing more than they should. Why not package Booth and Higgins for someone who can actually produce at a 50 point pace. Depth is fine, but a team needs a foundation and just piling a bunch of 3rd liners onto a team and saying we have depth doesn't necessarily translate into actual goals.
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#265 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,203 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Has anyone ever actually tried to get their boss fired?

I haven't but it looks like fun.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#266 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Goaltending is the least of our problems.

Here's a list of things more concerning than the goalies:

- Offence

- Edler

- Defence

- Edler

- Consistency

- Edler

- Urgency

- Edler

- PP

- Edler

- Coaching

- Edler

- AV's gum supply

So, yeah.

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#267 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

We still don't know our starting goaltender, lol. If we lose next game, I could really see a BIG change happening in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately, we can't wait a few weeks. Gotta get done now.

#268 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Has anyone ever actually tried to get their boss fired?

I haven't but it looks like fun.

Yes :bigblush: , but it didn't work.

#269 ssir_78

ssir_78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

No I didnt blame lou for 8 in detroit

Look I am a fan and have been for 30 years. I was at games 2, 5 and seven of the scf and every game vs chi and 2 vs sj. I want the nucks to win a cup, I want them to be competitive every year and have a chance.

Do I think Lou can carry us, I have doubts because of his play in the playoffs. he is not the same goalie that stole games when he first got here, is he still elite yes. But if we need to trade somene I say him because in my view I think Schnieder is the better goalie and I think he's mentally stronger - add in cheaper and younger

How this translates into "i Hate Lou", "I cheer against Lou" " I blame Lou" I have no idea. I want the nucks to win. I don't care who's in net if they do. I do care about the playoffs and having a goalie who doesn't get rattled between the pipes and Lou does/has.

Is that our only issue, clearly not. Our defense needs some major help as does our offense and pretty much every part of our game.

If Schnieds costs a game, I'd be more than willing to say it, and I have also praised Lou this year.

So please don't generalize that people who feel schnieder is the guy to go fwd with automatically means you 'hate' lou...big difference

Finally an argument with some meat.

I totally agree with you. I have been a huge Luo fan and will be very sad when he goes but I too feel that Schneider is our future and is one hell of a goaltender.

We can't deny that Luo has taken a lot of blame for losses that were clearly bad defense and lack of offense in front of him. I think Luo fans get annoyed that Schneider doesn't take the same kind of critisism. I mean come on Luo has been lights out and then has a bad game in Detroit and he is the same old Luo that choked in the '11 playoffs.

#270 MikeGillis58

MikeGillis58

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,440 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Playoffs...? Playoffs...? I just hope we can win a game!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.