The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 vs Minnesota 4

The Magician

It's hard to categorize a game you lost by 2 goals as a "catastrophe" but this sure feels like one; giving up a crappy goal in the first 30 seconds (and never getting even after that), Hank and Tanev hurt(ing), brutal PP, brutal D (we lost at least 75% of the puck battles in our zone), histionics (Kassian with two "Jagr"s) and all this despite what looked to me like fairly favourable reffing (and, yes, by the rulebook Hank's goal counts). Hansen, Booth and MayRay (despite what looked suspiciously like a slewfoot) were our only decent players. Sestito remains a useless bag of guts. Burrows is totally lost; notice him chirping the Wild bench during the PP? Hey Alex, howsabout go score a goal instead. Lapierre should be in the Swiss 2nd division. Anybody else get a bad feeling at the beginning of the game when they showed AV laughing and smirking? My heart sank then and there. A pathetic game. Do I have an answer? Well, no...

If you don't think a goalie can stop that early goal or the 4th one when the team was in range, then you need to watch more hockey. Oh, but I guess not making timely saves is only a problem if Luongo is in net. And it's only a team loss if Schneider is in net. I guess I forgot the rules somewhere.

So you're saying that none of the 6 points I made were positive? I agree that the team has been playing atrociously lately, but there is always a positive in any negative situation. I also agree that changes do need to be done, and hopefully we'll see them come soon. But right now just look at the positives, instead of the negatives and it'll make you feel maybe a liiiiitttle bit better.

Well.. this is what happens when you match your backup against a teams starter goalie..

But in all honesty, this is the kind of game that shows how important Bieksa is to this team. And maybe more people should be second guessing Schneider, unlike in the off-season when everyone was praising his "potential".

Listen I'm not a Schneider hater but your argument makes no sense.

Your argument is that they aren't scoring right now. Then you bring up the playoffs where we scored 8 goals in 7 games.

The argument about who has better numbers last year is a bad one as Luo had 3 times the games that Schneids did. It's not an even sample and you can't draw conclusions from it.

how many times has lou let in 8 goals in his career, 7 or more in the playoffs

how many times has schnieder done that?

end of story

if your sad argument is schnieder didnt give the team a chance to win you weren't watching the game. you weren't watching how lou gave chicago 3 games in 2011 and gave the series to boston and la

take your blinders off and your lou soother out of your mouth

Archived