The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So Schneider wasn't the god he was made out to be

Makall

The guy's a future all-star. You guys have to have some patience. Was it premature to declare him as the starter with so little games played? Sure it was. You guys are more fortunate than most teams with your goaltending situation. You have the best tandem in the league and you're already putting blame on either of them for losing games. It's just wrong. Hockey's a team game. It takes the whole team to play every night.

Nobody made him out to be a god...he outplayed Luongo in the playoffs last year and came into the season with the expectations to be #1, not cast vengeful plagues on our enemies.

Besides, Schneider not being exceptional game in and game out is the least of our worries...the team in front of the men in pillows is the problem.

We'll take him.

The guy's a future all-star. You guys have to have some patience. Was it premature to declare him as the starter with so little games played? Sure it was. You guys are more fortunate than most teams with your goaltending situation. You have the best tandem in the league and you're already putting blame on either of them for losing games. It's just wrong. Hockey's a team game. It takes the whole team to play every night.

Luongo gets paid 6.716 million this year.

Cory gets 3.5 million.

Shouldn't the goalie making almost double as the other goalie be playing way better than the other goalie. But yet there stat this year a fairly similar. Hmm Just a thought but with the cap going down next year wouldn't it be smarter to keep the cheaper goalie (who's younger) and use the saved money to acquire another piece for this team. Something that this team desperately needs.

doesnt matter whos in net

there playing very sloppy , theres not too much confidence out there right now

*crosses fingers*

we need to beat cbj so bad , man this is getting serious

feels like the playoffs , which makes me feel like an edmonton fan

Yep, lets run him out of town.. after what 15 games? meanwhile this team collectively is playing as bad as hockey as they have in the past 3 years.

Im so tired of the goalie debate i don't even care anymore. I think it would be a massive mistake to trade Schneider but whatever..if they do i hope it blows up in our face.

Cory was about as bad as the rest of the team tonight (which isn't very good) but I should ask why he got the start in the first place? Oh that's right, the Canucks brass are terrified to play Lou in Minny because he always sucks there and they need to coddle him heavily so that they can trade him for more than a bag of jock straps. Thanks for coming everybody.

the problem is far from the goal tending tho

these guys are down kesler , which is a pretty big blow to this team , which means we are really relying on our defence due to less scoring and our star two way center not being there

and its just not there , juice injured but edler seems so scared in his own zone , im willing to give garrison the benfit of the doubt because its a new team and he keeps having to switch up d partners

bottem line is , as much as people hated on this team for saying they were going to play a defensive game , maybe thats way they need

hey, it got la a cup

easier said then done tho

Cory gets 3.5 million.

Shouldn't the goalie making almost double as the other goalie be playing way better than the other goalie. But yet there stat this year a fairly similar. Hmm Just a thought but with the cap going down next year wouldn't it be smarter to keep the cheaper goalie (who's younger) and use the saved money to acquire another piece for this team. Something that this team desperately needs.

Cory gets 3.5 million.

This was as stupid as the Lunogo comments were stupid last season. For all of you arguing for Schneider now I hope none of you were saying you need a goalie to steal you games sometimes and Lui couldn't do that cause this just goes to show goalies rarely steal you games when the team isn't playing well in front of them. The truth is they are both starting calibre goalies and you could lose either one and still be in a pretty good situation. They should move whomever has better value and get us a better return, window is small and closing quick its to get a solid young talent who can help now for either one.

Yep, lets run him out of town.. after what 15 games? meanwhile this team collectively is playing as bad as hockey as they have in the past 3 years.

Im so tired of the goalie debate i don't even care anymore. I think it would be a massive mistake to trade Schneider but whatever..if they do i hope it blows up in our face.

Archived