108 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Marschnoz

Brad Marschnoz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

It is frustrating that the Canucks continue to play a lazy game, BUT look at it from this point of view.

The last two seasons we dominated and took home the PT, then fell in the playoffs. At that point it was too late to realize where they were going wrong. The fact that we're playing poorly during this season is completely fine with me. We have a bit of time to figure out where we're going wrong and my gut tells me they're going to realize this very shortly and be an asbolute powerhouse in the playoffs. Die hards stay positive.
Sig too big.
-SN

#2 Gooby

Gooby

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

POPULAR

Better to be a sleeper in the regular season, and become hot in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#3 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

It's worrying though, Schneider hasn't been consistent all year and if we make the playoffs I'm not sure how our defence will hold up.

#4 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

I think the lower the expectations for this team, the better. Let them be an underdog instead of a favorite.

However, they do need to make bold moves at the deadline.

Edited by DeNiro, 10 March 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#5 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

So what's your point, if we suck during Regular Season maybe we'll win in the Playoffs? LOL

Let's get real here, the team has gotten complacent, tonight WAS a do or die type of game, and the Canucks once again failed to show up.

First of all, how do you fail to show up when you get paid Millions to play? Would YOU fail to show up if you were given Millions to play?

I'm a Canucks fan through and through, but lets cut through the bullsh!t and get real here. We need a change and MG has the tools to do it. Trade Schneider and some other players if need be and make a change up. A solid multi-player deal could spruce things up.

As I see it the only GOOD thing we have going is our 1st and technically 3rd lines are scoring, and that is great to see.

We still need a 2nd line and we need a 4th line that continuously hits. I saw the Canucks get out-muscled once again in this game.

I also think Newell Brown and Rick B needs to get canned. Defense and Special teams suck ass and each of those areas have a SPECIFIC coach for them.

Edited by Sedinry, 10 March 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#6 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

The playoffs are a whole other game. Regular season success doesn't mean that you'll do well in the playoffs, and vice versa. The Canucks will get it together, I'm not worried

g3HKFnX.png

#7 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

The playoffs are a whole other game. Regular season success doesn't mean that you'll do well in the playoffs, and vice versa. The Canucks will get it together, I'm not worried

All is not lost obviously. I'm not worried about their ability to win.

I am worried about the weaknesses in this team that are becoming apparent, and whether or not we have the right people in charge to address those weaknesses.

I guess time will tell.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#8 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

The team looks very weak and getting weaker. Not a good sign anyway that you slice it. Specially coming off the success we have had in recent years. Something's got to change or we don't last very long in the playoffs let alone make them.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#9 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

This theory only works if we MAKE the playoffs. I myself have stuck to the theory that the regular season doesn't mean anything come playoff time. But at the same time we are tied for 8th in the West, only 2 points ahead of 11th place, and have lost 6 of our last 7 games with 3 of our last 4 losses coming from some of the league's worst teams and bottom feeders in Calgary, Minnesota, and Columbus. Our goaltending has been mediocre, our defense has been horrible. Our offense has been good 5 on 5 but our power play has been atrocious. While I wouldn't say it's time to panic, we are only a few more games without a win away from that point.

The only positive out of this is the fact that we'll be getting a much higher draft pick this year and should be making a little more of a splash this year at the trade deadline.

Am I alone in saying that if we continue to play this way it's time to see a change in coaching? Lindy Ruff is available and in my opinion we should seriously be considering hiring him if things continue to go South.

Edited by rbcanucks87, 10 March 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#10 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

speaking of confidence our team has none at the moment
Posted Image

#11 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

It is frustrating that the Canucks continue to play a lazy game, BUT look at it from this point of view.

The last two seasons we dominated and took home the PT, then fell in the playoffs. At that point it was too late to realize where they were going wrong. The fact that we're playing poorly during this season is completely fine with me. We have a bit of time to figure out where we're going wrong and my gut tells me they're going to realize this very shortly and be an asbolute powerhouse in the playoffs. Die hards stay positive, bandwagoners kindly f off to Chicago.

or we can continue playing poorly...play poorly in the playoffs and then bow out 4 straight
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#12 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

positivity on cdc i assume tomorrow is the zombie apocalypse good thing i have a ninja family that will defeat all zombies.
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#13 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

I still think they'll make the playoffs. The PP can't continue to be this bad forever. Once the start getting some PP goals that should help things a bit.

#14 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

So what's your point, if we suck during Regular Season maybe we'll win in the Playoffs? LOL

Let's get real here, the team has gotten complacent, tonight WAS a do or die type of game, and the Canucks once again failed to show up.

First of all, how do you fail to show up when you get paid Millions to play? Would YOU fail to show up if you were given Millions to play?

I'm a Canucks fan through and through, but lets cut through the bullsh!t and get real here. We need a change and MG has the tools to do it. Trade Schneider and some other players if need be and make a change up. A solid multi-player deal could spruce things up.

As I see it the only GOOD thing we have going is our 1st and technically 3rd lines are scoring, and that is great to see.

We still need a 2nd line and we need a 4th line that continuously hits. I saw the Canucks get out-muscled once again in this game.

I also think Newell Brown and Rick B needs to get canned. Defense and Special teams suck ass and each of those areas have a SPECIFIC coach for them.

I agree that we've been playing terrible and you made some good points but how was this a do or die game? I mean it's not the end of the world that we aren't at the top of the division and I'm not saying it's just gonna be easy to make the playoffs but we still have time to make improvements.

#15 GODSRAGE

GODSRAGE

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

The defensive coverage on this team is atrocious right now. We're paying 2 pylons in Edler and Garrison over 4m+ each and they can't skate backwards or miss their assignment on coverage. The last few games I've noticed people just skating right around these two and it's kind of embarrassing. Because of these two pylons, Hamhuis and Tanev have to cover their behinds and then take themselves out of position. Sit out Edler or Garrison a game, it will do them some good and maybe get their $#@! together.

#16 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

It's worrying though, Schneider hasn't been consistent all year and if we make the playoffs I'm not sure how our defence will hold up.

Please. Both Schneider and Luongo are playing very well overall. It's our crap ass defense (which is partially due to having 1/6 right-D's) and T-22nd PP with like 0ppg/25chances. Even Rinne/Price will have a tough time carrying this team

#17 CupisAll

CupisAll

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

POPULAR

yeah squeaking in as the 8th seed and playing the hawks in the first round is a fool proof plan........

#18 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Edler is looking like a guy who can't carry his own pairing. He needs a veteran to calm him down next to him.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#19 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Let's hope that they hit their stride at the perfect time.

* Refer back to the LA Kings.

#20 GODSRAGE

GODSRAGE

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Edler is looking like a guy who can't carry his own pairing. He needs a veteran to calm him down next to him.

That used to be Salo with him...

#21 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

POPULAR

I'm not too worried, all I can do is sit back in my chair with a pilsner and a bag of cool ranch Doritoes and watch it unfold.

Crying like the rest of these babies is not an option for me.

I will watch and cheer win or lose.

Peace out
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#22 kamaole

kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

That works if...............you are IN the playoffs! We may not be.....

#23 kamaole

kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Let's hope that they hit their stride at the perfect time.

* Refer back to the LA Kings.

we aint the kings.

#24 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

I agree with most of what you say except for this.

My concern is that MG does NOT have the assets needed to make the major changes we need to this team. Other than Schneids (since it appears we can't move Lui for what we want), what assets do we have that could be moved in a major shake up? We're not going to trade the twins, Kes, Kass or Burr. So that leaves Booth, Mayray, Higgins, Hansen, Schroeder and Lappy as forward assets we can use to bring back players. What kind of impact players do you think teams are willing to give us for any of these guys?

We don't have any young guns coming up through the system other than Jensen. There's certainly a couple of D-men that could be moved in Edler and Ballard. But then moving one or two d-men creates other holes. And now's not the time to trade picks for help. So what really is left that would bring back a major piece or two?

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#25 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Maybe our team is just SO good that they can strategically make sure they slip into 8th spot for the playoffs and get a better pick at this years draft. Then they turn back into the team we know and beat Chicago in the 1st round on our way to our first ever SC?

Genius.

#26 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

I am not worried at all.

The Canucks will win the division and come playoff time will have just as good of a chance to win it all as anyone as long as MG makes at least one or two good moves.

A healthy team with Bieksa, Kesler and Pinizzotto along with good trade or two by MG bringing in a good forward for Luongo + will have this team set up for a long cup run imo.

If i was MG i would also package Edler off with a player and or prospect for a solid tougher more reliable dman because clearly Edler will be in over his head again and a major weakness come playoff time.

#27 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

I wouldn't say I'm still confident but I do believe they can turn it around.
Posted Image

#28 Wilbur

Wilbur

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Fixing the special teams will go a loooooooong way.

#29 Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

you have to make the playoffs for that to happen though.
Canucks are 1 point out of 9th, and 2 points out of 11th!

People should be concerend.

#30 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

I'll be confident once we hire new assistant coaches. Defence and PP have been our biggest weaknesses.

Pineapple_jumps.gif9rpqmc.jpgPineapple_jumps.gif

Thanks to Blueberries for the awesome sig!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.