The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Still Confident.

Brad Marschnoz

It is frustrating that the Canucks continue to play a lazy game, BUT look at it from this point of view.

The last two seasons we dominated and took home the PT, then fell in the playoffs. At that point it was too late to realize where they were going wrong. The fact that we're playing poorly during this season is completely fine with me. We have a bit of time to figure out where we're going wrong and my gut tells me they're going to realize this very shortly and be an asbolute powerhouse in the playoffs. Die hards stay positive.

So what's your point, if we suck during Regular Season maybe we'll win in the Playoffs? LOL

Let's get real here, the team has gotten complacent, tonight WAS a do or die type of game, and the Canucks once again failed to show up.

First of all, how do you fail to show up when you get paid Millions to play? Would YOU fail to show up if you were given Millions to play?

I'm a Canucks fan through and through, but lets cut through the bullsh!t and get real here. We need a change and MG has the tools to do it. Trade Schneider and some other players if need be and make a change up. A solid multi-player deal could spruce things up.

As I see it the only GOOD thing we have going is our 1st and technically 3rd lines are scoring, and that is great to see.

We still need a 2nd line and we need a 4th line that continuously hits. I saw the Canucks get out-muscled once again in this game.

I also think Newell Brown and Rick B needs to get canned. Defense and Special teams suck ass and each of those areas have a SPECIFIC coach for them.

The playoffs are a whole other game. Regular season success doesn't mean that you'll do well in the playoffs, and vice versa. The Canucks will get it together, I'm not worried

This theory only works if we MAKE the playoffs. I myself have stuck to the theory that the regular season doesn't mean anything come playoff time. But at the same time we are tied for 8th in the West, only 2 points ahead of 11th place, and have lost 6 of our last 7 games with 3 of our last 4 losses coming from some of the league's worst teams and bottom feeders in Calgary, Minnesota, and Columbus. Our goaltending has been mediocre, our defense has been horrible. Our offense has been good 5 on 5 but our power play has been atrocious. While I wouldn't say it's time to panic, we are only a few more games without a win away from that point.

The only positive out of this is the fact that we'll be getting a much higher draft pick this year and should be making a little more of a splash this year at the trade deadline.

Am I alone in saying that if we continue to play this way it's time to see a change in coaching? Lindy Ruff is available and in my opinion we should seriously be considering hiring him if things continue to go South.

It is frustrating that the Canucks continue to play a lazy game, BUT look at it from this point of view.

The last two seasons we dominated and took home the PT, then fell in the playoffs. At that point it was too late to realize where they were going wrong. The fact that we're playing poorly during this season is completely fine with me. We have a bit of time to figure out where we're going wrong and my gut tells me they're going to realize this very shortly and be an asbolute powerhouse in the playoffs. Die hards stay positive, bandwagoners kindly f off to Chicago.

So what's your point, if we suck during Regular Season maybe we'll win in the Playoffs? LOL

Let's get real here, the team has gotten complacent, tonight WAS a do or die type of game, and the Canucks once again failed to show up.

First of all, how do you fail to show up when you get paid Millions to play? Would YOU fail to show up if you were given Millions to play?

I'm a Canucks fan through and through, but lets cut through the bullsh!t and get real here. We need a change and MG has the tools to do it. Trade Schneider and some other players if need be and make a change up. A solid multi-player deal could spruce things up.

As I see it the only GOOD thing we have going is our 1st and technically 3rd lines are scoring, and that is great to see.

We still need a 2nd line and we need a 4th line that continuously hits. I saw the Canucks get out-muscled once again in this game.

I also think Newell Brown and Rick B needs to get canned. Defense and Special teams suck ass and each of those areas have a SPECIFIC coach for them.

The defensive coverage on this team is atrocious right now. We're paying 2 pylons in Edler and Garrison over 4m+ each and they can't skate backwards or miss their assignment on coverage. The last few games I've noticed people just skating right around these two and it's kind of embarrassing. Because of these two pylons, Hamhuis and Tanev have to cover their behinds and then take themselves out of position. Sit out Edler or Garrison a game, it will do them some good and maybe get their $#@! together.

Archived