The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Still Confident.

Brad Marschnoz

what ever you do don't blame the goalies... this team is just showing how good the goalies where when they where able to keep them in.. but really the rest of the team just hasn't been good and the goalies suffered from it... we will get it turned around.

what ever you do don't blame the goalies... this team is just showing how good the goalies where when they where able to keep them in.. but really the rest of the team just hasn't been good and the goalies suffered from it... we will get it turned around.

double poste sorry.. didn't know if i hit reply....

A team squeaking into the playoffs is not the NHL model of success. LA was an anomaly and to follow that template is to invite disaster. The Nucks are not resting and just going to flip on a switch later, they are flat out sucking.

Last part of your post was garbage, hostile and unnecessary.

I'm not sure we can turn it round. Our style other than the Sedins possession game is utterly stale. We are paying for years of PP great net minding and goals scored by defenders.

Since the Finals we have only had a dependable 1st line. That is the truth. We (and especially MG) over values over half of this team.

None of the bottom nine are exceptional apart from Kesler and maybe Raymond and Hansen when they are on their games. Our offence when not coming from the twins and Kes has really been our formidable offence of our defence. Well with the loss of Ehrhoff and Sami that has almost disappeared.

I lay ALL the blame for this at GMMG's door. He has waited and dithered and procrastinated and dallied and now when we are at our lowest, if he tries to do deals from this position of weakness and disarray he will get scalped.

This theory only works if we MAKE the playoffs. I myself have stuck to the theory that the regular season doesn't mean anything come playoff time. But at the same time we are tied for 8th in the West, only 2 points ahead of 11th place, and have lost 6 of our last 7 games with 3 of our last 4 losses coming from some of the league's worst teams and bottom feeders in Calgary, Minnesota, and Columbus. Our goaltending has been mediocre, our defense has been horrible. Our offense has been good 5 on 5 but our power play has been atrocious. While I wouldn't say it's time to panic, we are only a few more games without a win away from that point.

The only positive out of this is the fact that we'll be getting a much higher draft pick this year and should be making a little more of a splash this year at the trade deadline.

Am I alone in saying that if we continue to play this way it's time to see a change in coaching? Lindy Ruff is available and in my opinion we should seriously be considering hiring him if things continue to go South.

People need to chill out.

Of course, this latest run isn't encouraging.

How would losing ever be seen as encouraging?

Sky ain't falling though.

We had a good start this year. Typically we play THIS poorly to start the year.

Is this really much worse than winning the PT but playing like garbage?

1)PP has fallen off a cliff.

2) Defensively out of sync (even Hamhuis hasn't been as good as a previous years)

3) Injuries to key players (Kes and Bieksa are key players believe it or not)

Turn one of these three things around: Step in the right direction

Turn two of these things around: In good shape

Turn all three around: Rockin and rollin

Kes and Juice will return inevitably.

PP will improve, unless you really think it'll be this bad FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR...

Defense is more alarming. Goalies have been pretty good, but not stealing games.

A lot of points are valid.

The way the team is structured is not ideal. (The team is essentially the Twins+Goalies+PP)

We rely on solid defensive from forwards, and offense from the backend.

People criticize AV, but the fact is, he's gotten the most out of our team.

Our team isn't really THAT talented. (We're essentially the Coyotes, with better offence)

We should have 12 tough forwards that play good, Selke calibre hockey, and make you pay on PP/ES/SH.

Gotta be realistic though.

To those who criticize MG. You can't simply go out and get any player you want. This ain't NHL 13.

If it was so easy to simply acquire a bonafide scorer, or #1 D man, every team would be making these

trades on a weekly basis.

Those who compare the Philly/LA trades. Not really the same thing.

Schenn+Simmonds....we don't have a comparable. Don't make me laugh

Voracek+1st (top 10)......>>>>>>>Raymond/Booth/Hansen/Kassian/Jensen+anything else

Philly could afford to deal Richards, as they had Giroux to make him expendable.

LA could afford to lose Johnson, as Voynov made him expendable.

How do we get these valued assets/picks?? Start losing lmao

I'm not too worried, all I can do is sit back in my chair with a pilsner and a bag of cool ranch Doritoes and watch it unfold.

Crying like the rest of these babies is not an option for me.

I will watch and cheer win or lose.

Peace out

I am not worried at all.

The Canucks will win the division and come playoff time will have just as good of a chance to win it all as anyone as long as MG makes at least one or two good moves.

A healthy team with Bieksa, Kesler and Pinizzotto along with good trade or two by MG bringing in a good forward for Luongo + will have this team set up for a long cup run imo.

If i was MG i would also package Edler off with a player and or prospect for a solid tougher more reliable dman because clearly Edler will be in over his head again and a major weakness come playoff time.

Archived