The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Still Confident.

Brad Marschnoz

TBH I feel like the Canucks don't deserve to get Luongo back after last year and the way he was treated by this market.. fans across the board were happily willing to hand over the top spot to Schneider and kick Luongo to the curb. "trade this bum" was the sentiment.

Now that Schneider has been identified as "human" by the woefully ignorant fans of this city, Luongo is looking really good to everyone again. Pathetic.

If I were Luongo I wouldn't want to play for the Canucks at all anymore. He's done nothing but be professional all throughout the time where everyone in this city wanted to burn him at the stake and now everyone wants him to step back in as the head guy.. typical.

I'm not sure we can turn it round. Our style other than the Sedins possession game is utterly stale. We are paying for years of PP great net minding and goals scored by defenders.

Since the Finals we have only had a dependable 1st line. That is the truth. We (and especially MG) over values over half of this team.

None of the bottom nine are exceptional apart from Kesler and maybe Raymond and Hansen when they are on their games. Our offence when not coming from the twins and Kes has really been our formidable offence of our defence. Well with the loss of Ehrhoff and Sami that has almost disappeared.

I lay ALL the blame for this at GMMG's door. He has waited and dithered and procrastinated and dallied and now when we are at our lowest, if he tries to do deals from this position of weakness and disarray he will get scalped.

You need to show good signs during the regular season that you will have playoff success.

The Kings sucked all regular season, but they were playing GREAT defence and winning lots of tight 1 goal games - playoff hockey essentially.

In Boston's run they were pretty good all season, and showed that they could win all sorts of games, whether it be high-scoring affairs or tight-checking 1 goal games.

This season, the Canucks have proven that they know how to lose those close, 1 goal games and blow leads. At this rate, they have a LOT of work to do. Meanwhile Chicago has proven this year that they can blow a tight game open, comeback from big deficits and win clutch games at key moments.

That being said, there's a lot of time for a team to change it's identity.

The idea that we need a rebuild or a major shake-up is ridiculous. All we need is a healthy Kesler and a good third line center. The center plays a large role in team defence. Let's face it Henrik isn't naturally defensive. We have only one defensive centerman. Our d-men seem to tense up whenever Henrik, Raymond, or Schroeder are on the ice. If our d-men were more confident, they would play more relaxed. If the team weren't so fixated on defensive posture, they would probably create more offense.

Eventually Schneider and/or Luongo will make those clutch saves when we need them to. Early and late goals have cost us lately.

I am still confident.

i love how one average game from schneids out of his last 4 its now time for luongo ...schneids played great vs LA next game vs calgary luongo came in had that 1 terrible goal against but didnt play bad just average and we lost, even thou we out played calgary almost all game... schneids came in after that and played more then well enough to win vs the sharks and bluejackets and came away with shootout and OT losses with a GAA around 1.80 in the combined games.. and last night after a 2 day break playing a team on a second game of a back to back schneids was no where near our worst player .. and it was a crap game from start to fnish by everyone.. but i guess it was schneids fault .. time to throw luongo in net vs the stat padder teams in columbus and nashville so people can praise him again... everyone keeps saying schneids cant handle a full season....no one on our team can handle a full season by the looks of it. every other night half of our players are sleep walking through the game ... how many times do we need to juggle our goalies back and forth and say we havent gotten consistent goaltending all year until people realize its not our goalies.... its the team infront of them.

It's a good team but they are having trouble putting it all together, especially without three of the most key guys in Bieksa, Kesler, and Malhotra who are really the heart and soul of the team and the most important except maybe the goalies and the top line. The talent is there although the depth isn't what it's been in the past especially on D and at center.

I'm not too worried about what they do now, in these mid-season games, just need to make the playoffs with some gas in the tank and with all the key guys healthy. Obviously Manny is not coming back but hopefully we can go into the playoffs with all the other guys I mentioned good to go and not banged up or out like last season.

2010-11 season after 24 games:

14-7-3 = 31 pts (2nd in West Cont)

82 goals scored

59 goals against

+23 goal differential

2011-12 season after 24 games:

14-9-1 = 29 pts (6th in West Conf)

81 goals scored

59 goals against

+22 differential

2012-13 season after 24 games:

11-7-6 = 28 pts (6th in West Conf)

66 goals scored

67 goals against

-1 differential

The biggest difference I see is the Canucks aren't scoring goals anymore. From 80+ goals scored over the last 2 years, down to 67 this yr. That's a large drop. It's not like they lost huge goal scorers this past summer, it's the guys on their current roster who aren't producing. No trade is gonna save this team, they have to save themselves by stepping up - they have the personal.

<p>

<br />

<strong>2010-11</strong> season after 24 games:<br />

14-7-3 = 31 pts (2nd in West Cont)<br />

82 goals scored<br />

59 goals against<br />

+23 goal differential<br />

<br />

<strong>2011-12</strong> season after 24 games:<br />

14-9-1 = 29 pts (6th in West Conf)<br />

81 goals scored<br />

59 goals against<br />

+22 differential<br />

<br />

<strong>2012-13</strong> season after 24 games:<br />

11-7-6 = 28 pts (6th in West Conf)<br />

66 goals scored<br />

67 goals against<br />

-1 differential<br />

<br />

The biggest difference I see is the Canucks aren&#39;t scoring goals anymore.  From 80+ goals scored over the last 2 years, down to 67 this yr. That&#39;s a large drop. It&#39;s not like they lost huge goal scorers this past summer, it&#39;s the guys on their current roster who aren&#39;t producing. No trade is gonna save this team, they have to save themselves by stepping up - they have the personal.<br />

<p>

twins had a slow start, and kes is pretty gone all season so far. That plus bxa out,and salo/erhoff gone, makes up that difference.

the low scoring is not a surprise, and is obvious this yr. I've said many times that they can only win with a tight D, until kes is back and they are scoring again that is the only way to win. Unfortunately, both Lui and Cory went cold last several weeks, and can't pick up the slack.

Archived