The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Which Top Prospect are you Willing to Trade**

carlweezer

Wow so many bone heads, what did a flashlight just come on in your head or are you pulling a goofy. Sure lets just sell the farm because thats the best choice. Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Lack and Cannata should not be touched the rest are nothing and will not play a day in the NHL. I have been saying all along some guys on the current roster need to be moved, or just maybe we need a coaching change because AV is to light on these players. We need a tough coach who can get the best out of these players. Our defence sucks, were is Edler this year? the defense has crapped the bed more then the forwards in my opinion chasing pucks around the ice like its on a string, pathetic and embarrassing. Goalies getting scored on first shots or letting soft goals in with lest then a minute to go in a game seriously its just bad. But out of all honestly selling the farm is not the option its part but not fully. I sure would love to see Delorme gone he such a useless terrible head of scouting and I do believe that is where its needs a shakeup. Sure our draft pool is slim but when your winning and not picking in the top 10 what the hell do you expect to get.

The only ones that I wouldn't consider are Jensen, Gaunce and Lack and unless I got back a blue-chip blue-liner in a corrado trade, him neither. Anyone else package em up with Ballard and Luo and off they go.

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

Gillis might trade a few secondary prospects but jensen, gaunce, corrado are not going any where, same with eddie lack hes injured recovering from hip surgerie and signed next yr on a one way nhl contract at 750k which for a back up saves us 3 to 4 mill depending on which starter we go with bobby or cory.

jensen might be the best talented sniper that sedins have played with. cant wait to see him on pp.

gaunce is hard nosed 2way 3line c hard to find.

corrado is all heart right anded dman no way he goes anywhere.

i could see connauton and sauve and shroeder being offered up in trades any other prospects have lilttle or no value.

as for trading picks only picks id offer in trades are 4th 5th 6th rounders. this draft is deep we will find a few jems to help with the talent poole on wolves.

For me, no player is untouchable. ANY player is available for the right deal. It just has to be the right deal. It has to be right for the team now and moving forward.

People saying they wouldn't move Jensen/Corrado/Kassian for anything are crazy. What if Anaheim called and said Perry was up for grabs for Jensen and Corrado? And he promised to resign. Would nobody want to do that? I would. Would Anaheim, probably not. I'm just saying anyone is moveable at the right price.

Now, I'm not of the opinion that we should trade our few good prospects away for a better chance to win the Cup. Obviously if it was the perfect deal then yes, but I think we do need some good, young players who can hopefully keep us competitive once the Sedins are done. Otherwise we end up like Calgary. At this point I would rather hold on to our guys and see what we have. Can't really afford to get an even worse prospect pool. That said, as I mentioned, anyone is available if its the right deal.

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

Most of those players aren't top prospects.

I wouldn't trade:

- Nicklas Jensen

- Jordan Schroeder

- Brendan Gaunce

- Frank Corrado

I would be willing to maybe move Lack since we have so much goaltending depth. But it would have to be a good offer that either brought back a very good prospect/young player or in a package to bring something that helps now.

And though I don't consider him quite on the level of these other guys (as our top prospects) I would also be willing to move Connaution.

I'd trade Schroeder in a heart beat to anyone dumb enough to make an offer - he is not an NHL player - he is barely an AHL player. He lacks a defining charcteristic other than his size - he is not especially fast, nor especially strong, not especially skilled, he doesn;t have great vision, doesn't make great passes, is not outstanding on the draw or a confining checker, he is not a brilliant play-maker, he is not exceptionally tough, nasty or courageous, he is not aggravating, he really excels at nothing except being small. It is the story of our AHL team - other than our injured tender, Lack, maybe Cannata (that can't win the job from Climie), and Andersson - there is really not much in Chicago. In fact, we don't even have a single prospect in the league's top fifty. That is the definition of a bare cupboard - which is what happens when you trade draft picks and your best prospects for nothing.

Archived