The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Which Top Prospect are you Willing to Trade**

carlweezer

We have no "top" prospects. Its that simple.

Schroeder IMO would be the easiest for me to trade. I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were to pull the trigger.

Jensen, Lack, Gaunce, Kassian, maybe even Corrado would be the only prospects I'd think twice about trading.

I still think Luongo and Schroeder for Versteeg and Bjugstad would be a very good trade for us.

so you would trade our youth for perry because its the right deal how old is perry I am sure jensen has alot more upside and perry is just getting older how does that benefit us. I would rather have young stronger players the a guy aging.

Jensen and Gaunce are our true "top prospects" Jensen played fantastic in the SEL amongst men and is pretty much a lock to make the team. Gaunce is looking more and more like he got drafted later than he should have.(cant believe we got him at 26th, wasn't he ranked like 15th?) Franchises need young guys coming up, we cant just rely on trades.

Lack is our only goalie prospect that looks to make the NHL, Cannata is good, but I think his ceiling is more AHL starter. who knows.

The reason I say Corrado should not be traded is for 2 reasons:

1. How much he improved in one year. Every draft has a few steals that turn into studs. Look at half of the wings stars. BMac loves him, he should have made team canada. He looks like he could be our future franchise D.

2. Even if he doesn't become an all-star he is right handed. I don't know the exact number but the ratio in the NHL is something like 1 in 5 defense men are right-handed. If he was a lefty I would say trade him for a big return but he is not. He makes Connauton, Sauve, McEneny(who may be a steal) expendable.

Although a lot of our prospects may be unappealing to other franchises I think Schroeder and Connauton could be packaged for something nice. We may have a pretty empty cupboard but a few other franchises are downright bare.

^I was thinking how we could really use Patrick White right about now.

Wouldn't trade barring overpayment: Jensen, Corrado

Willing to trade: everyone else

Seriously, people need to stop getting married to their prospects. It ain't healthy.

Some people keep dreaming they'll blossom into the next star...haha dream on.

"people need to stop getting married to their prospects. It ain't healthy.

Some people keep dreaming they'll blossom into the next star"

The reason we have so little in our system is because we followed your rule in the past. When we didn't follow your rule we produced Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Hansen, Schneider, the Sedins, and Raymond. Did I just describe the core of our team, oh jeez, of course, we could have had Hodgson and Grabner and whatever else the 3 firsts, five seconds, five thirds and five fourths would have brought us instead of the dreck we got for those picks since 2006.

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

Depends on what they are being traded for. If we are talking the top 6 sniper we have always wanted of a super stud dman like weber, trade em all. If we are talking another borderline, lightning in a bottle, hope he can find his scoring touch here (yes, I'm looking at you Booth) then no thanks.

My response hasn't changed from when this was brought up a few days ago. Trading prospects is not the solution to the current problem. They will not bring a major impact player in return, and they won't help a coach who's lost the room. So, let's not race off and mortgage the future without at least attempting to address the real problem first.

Archived