102 replies to this topic

#31 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

IMO trading top prospects is what got us into this mess in the first place. This is not the answer.

To me there is not much we can do now Gillis already crapped the bed.

Time to start stocking up again on top prospects if anything.

Edited by Special Ed, 10 March 2013 - 10:45 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#32 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,516 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Without an idea of what they'd bring back, none of them. I could say yes to Ben Hutton, but then find out what the other team wanted to trade was Tim Thomas and his suspended contract. I could say no to Jensen, but then find out the other team wanted to trade Adam Larsson. Each is situationally relevant.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#33 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

Everyone but Jensen, Gaunce, and Corrado.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Everyone but Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado and Connauton.

Schroeder is a valuable trade chip and could probably be a top 6 guy on another team but id rather trade him because of his lack of size
Posted Image

#35 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

- Nicklas Jensen
- Jordan Schroeder
- Brendan Gaunce
- Frank Corrad

and I'd add Billy Sweatt. He has something about him and I would like us to give him a decent run.

Having said that we have quite a few roster players I would part with before prospects.

Honestly, if we REALLY crap the bed this year.......and who is to say we won't, I seriously doubt we should leave our draft picking in the hands of MG and his "scouts" (they are not worthy of the name) based on past history.

Edited by Bodee, 11 March 2013 - 04:51 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#36 Ohnoeszz

Ohnoeszz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

You know Jensen's a keeper when not even one idiot on CDC wants to trade him.

#37 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

In a trade for Corey Perry a lot of us would.

#38 cammy

cammy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

all the rest will get us scrubs....scrubs like pahlsson, who went get us anywhere near the cup. If we want a difference maker were gonna have to trade 1 of the "untouchables"

What we need to do is re-stock the pool and bring in some younger players without impacting the squad to much. Players like booth could fetch a decent return for some younger players who can then develop in the system while taking back say a player to plug the hole.

Sometime you have to trade away the current for the future, but if you go for broke and fail, then you have nothing and are left with nothing and it will take a long time to recover.

#39 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

How much can these guys get in return? None are proven it will be a packaged deal if anything.

#40 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

Barring The Sedins who should retire here, any player should be available for the right deal.

If Crosby or Weber became available via trade, you would at least have to entertain the initial asking price.
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#41 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,050 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Jensen, Gaunce and Corrado. We have no other top prospects.
Posted Image

#42 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

It would be stretching it to call a lot of those guys "prospects".

Edited by dorrcoq, 11 March 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#43 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

Anyone but Jensen.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#44 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Trading our prospects/ picks is the reason our hands are tied now and why MG has so many tough calls to make this offseason with our underachieving roster. We gave away Grabner and our 2010 first which could've potentially gotten us a very solid prospect (Quinton Howden, Brock Nelson, Justin Faulk, Emerson Etem, Charlie Coyle to name a few) for a 4.2 cap hit that sits in our press box and has us against the cap and the organization mishandled Hodgson who would be making more of an impact this year offensively for our team when we finally really need it, as opposed to Kassian, just to list the two most obvious gaffes. I just hope when we do move a goaltender the return makes up for the lost young talent we could've had on our roster right now so we have a bit of a future to look forward to when this heartless core of players we have is slowly dismantled in the next few years.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins

#45 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Gaunce, Connauton, Jensen and Lack are our only real trade assets. The rest are plugs.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#46 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

You said top prospect , i cant seem to find one in that list
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#47 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Barring The Sedins who should retire here, any player should be available for the right deal.

If Crosby or Weber became available via trade, you would at least have to entertain the initial asking price.

With what ? Jensen and Guance ???? The pens or preds hang up the phone and laugh
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#48 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

You call those chumps "top prospects"?

Well... he's Our top prospect :( you don't have to be so mean about it.

This...plus Eddie Lack.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, oh wow........ Canucks fans.....

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#49 Freaky Freak

Freaky Freak

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Nicklas Jensen

The highlighted ones can be thrown in as they will need to be elsewhere to succeed but other teams may want them put in to make a trade for a depth forward or D or maybe 2 or 3 of them put in for a good third line center or 4/5 D man
The non-highlighted ones would like to keep or only put in a trade to get a top 6 forward or top 4 dman now

And i would like to hear Gillis come out and say no one is safe in the organization except for the ones with No Trade in their contracts of course as he would not want to over rock thar boat ATTENTION EDLER

Maybe this would make the players play with a sense of urgency to stay here in the best city in the world

#50 Knightsbridge

Knightsbridge

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Anyone but Jensen, Gaunce, and Lack.

Under the *(reasonably) worse case scenario*:
- Jensen (offensive power/sniper; 3rd line)
- Gaunce (defensive two-way forward; on 3rd/4th line)
- Lack (backup NHL goaltender, or career AHL starter)

That said, I am confident Gaunce is capable of a centering the third line, and that Jensen will be an offensive contributor to some degree. That said, our other prospects incl. Schroeder aren't terrible, but definitely not 'invaluable' or must-keeps.
Posted Image

FORWARDS: D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Z. Kassian | D. Booth - R. Kesler - C. Higgins | A. Burrows - M. Raymond / (J. Schroeder) - J. Hansen | T. Sestito - (M. Lapierre - D. Weise)
DEFENCE: D. Hamhuis - K. Bieksa | A. Edler - J. Garrison | C. Barker / A. Alberts / (K. Ballard) - C. Tanev
GOALIE: R. Luongo | (C. Schneider) | MANAGEMENT: (A. Vigneault) | M. Gillis
*() Trade / Fire / Remove / Waive / Minors

#51 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Ill put it this way I wouldn't trade Jensen, Corrodo, Lack or Gaunce. As I feel they all have something to add to this team. And I would add Schredder to the list if Raymond walks. With the Sedin's there is only room for one more small skill player in the top 6. I don't see Schredder ever being an Ideal 3/4 line player.

Booth/Jensen Kesler Schredder
Higgins Gaunce Kass
Plug Maxlap Hansen
I feel is the best future option for a bottom 9 unless a big move is made. ( personally I kinda hope a big move is made because there are better bottom 9's in the league.) If Schredder is part of a deal that makes us better up the middle I'm for it. Though I am a big fan of his. Even if he pans out as a legit top 6 player which I believe he will what he add's the the Canuck's top 6 might not be ideal as he will always need to be on the ice with skilled PF wingers to be effective, which are hard to come by. So for me it's Raymond or Schredder not both and though I love Schredder, Mayray I feel has the better career potential. ( I'm sure ill get flamed for that)

Edited by honey badger36, 11 March 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#52 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I guess it all depends on who you're getting back. If it's someone like a Corey Perry and if he is willing to sign an extension here, I'd be willing to trade anybody on that list. If you're getting a lesser player, then it's everybody except Jensen and Gaunce.

#53 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

He's the best we've got, and he could be just what this team needs down the road.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

why would we even consider this? The amount of return on them will be next to nil.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#55 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

If you don't trade Jensen or Gaunce, you aren't getting anyone of consequence back. You have to give up value to get it in return, and even then sometimes you don't, considering how thoroughly Gillis has gotten fleeced in his last few trades. Mike Milbury is no longer an NHL GM.

Personally I want to see Nicklas Jensen in the NHL right now. There's no way he'd be worse than Zack Kassian.
Posted Image

LUC BOURDON: FEB 16TH, 1987 - MAY 29TH, 2008

#56 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Why would we trade any of them?? We need all the prospects we can get, more like which ones could we acquire.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#57 one night

one night

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

These are guys who have not played a game in the NHL, and it's not like they are grade A blue chips. Why are they untouchable? If we can get equal value in return, why not?

We already have enough off them equals playing for the Canucks.

#58 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

man our prospects pool is slim. I would not trade Jensen, Corrado, Lack not this season, and Gaunce. Everyone else is fair game altho everyone else is not exactly the type of prospect you'd expect to get much of a return for.

#59 Day one

Day one

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Dp you really think we have a prospect that could bring the return required to make a difference to their play? We have pieces on the Canucks roster that are expendable. Like with the play of late, almost the entire defensive corps.

#60 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

We should not be trading any IMO

really how do we change for the better....
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.