The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Which Top Prospect are you Willing to Trade**

carlweezer

Cup now, refill the cupboard later works if it gives you a cup.

What usually happens tho, is break you ???? cupboard and no cup.

What happens when you dry your cupboard and fail to w in the cup? You will probably disappear along with the other band wagoner like the late 90s

Most of those players aren't top prospects.

I wouldn't trade:

- Nicklas Jensen

- Jordan Schroeder

- Brendan Gaunce

- Frank Corrado

I would be willing to maybe move Lack since we have so much goaltending depth. But it would have to be a good offer that either brought back a very good prospect/young player or in a package to bring something that helps now.

And though I don't consider him quite on the level of these other guys (as our top prospects) I would also be willing to move Connaution.

I think the organization has it in their minds that they need to develop him for a few years in the NHL. He is also a good emergency blanket for the pending goaltending decision. He is a very good goalie in the AHL and his trade value will only increase with a few years with the big club. Then again, they might look for a veteran goalie to fill the backup position

Without an idea of what they'd bring back, none of them. I could say yes to Ben Hutton, but then find out what the other team wanted to trade was Tim Thomas and his suspended contract. I could say no to Jensen, but then find out the other team wanted to trade Adam Larsson. Each is situationally relevant.

- Nicklas Jensen

- Jordan Schroeder

- Brendan Gaunce

- Frank Corrad

and I'd add Billy Sweatt. He has something about him and I would like us to give him a decent run.

Having said that we have quite a few roster players I would part with before prospects.

Honestly, if we REALLY crap the bed this year.......and who is to say we won't, I seriously doubt we should leave our draft picking in the hands of MG and his "scouts" (they are not worthy of the name) based on past history.

all the rest will get us scrubs....scrubs like pahlsson, who went get us anywhere near the cup. If we want a difference maker were gonna have to trade 1 of the "untouchables"

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

Archived