102 replies to this topic

#61 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

No more giving away prospects please. It's painful to see Hodgson and Grabner rip it up in highlights all the time.

Edit: unless we can pull off another Patrick white type of deal where we give up a completely useless prospect for a good player.

Edited by Butters Stoch, 11 March 2013 - 08:47 PM.

sig by Malkin71

#62 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

I would consider trading any of our prospects as long as it made our team better.

Edited by Captain Hindsight, 11 March 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#63 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

We dont have any top prospects
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#64 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

I just hope he doesn't move Jensen. Booth, Hansen, and/or Kesler.
Posted Image

#65 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

This team needs discipline .. a new coach , a new outlook .. it worked in la , montreal , pit , and it should work here too .. why should we trade away any of our future , when we can just replace the coach ..

#66 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet. But which one of these players is a "top prospect."

#67 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet. But which one of these players is a "top prospect."

Jensen. Why are you so blind here?
Posted Image

#68 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Wow so many bone heads, what did a flashlight just come on in your head or are you pulling a goofy. Sure lets just sell the farm because thats the best choice. Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Lack and Cannata should not be touched the rest are nothing and will not play a day in the NHL. I have been saying all along some guys on the current roster need to be moved, or just maybe we need a coaching change because AV is to light on these players. We need a tough coach who can get the best out of these players. Our defence sucks, were is Edler this year? the defense has crapped the bed more then the forwards in my opinion chasing pucks around the ice like its on a string, pathetic and embarrassing. Goalies getting scored on first shots or letting soft goals in with lest then a minute to go in a game seriously its just bad. But out of all honestly selling the farm is not the option its part but not fully. I sure would love to see Delorme gone he such a useless terrible head of scouting and I do believe that is where its needs a shakeup. Sure our draft pool is slim but when your winning and not picking in the top 10 what the hell do you expect to get.

Edited by Canuckfan1968, 11 March 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#69 K_9

K_9

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

The only ones that I wouldn't consider are Jensen, Gaunce and Lack and unless I got back a blue-chip blue-liner in a corrado trade, him neither. Anyone else package em up with Ballard and Luo and off they go.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

For me, no player is untouchable. ANY player is available for the right deal. It just has to be the right deal. It has to be right for the team now and moving forward.

People saying they wouldn't move Jensen/Corrado/Kassian for anything are crazy. What if Anaheim called and said Perry was up for grabs for Jensen and Corrado? And he promised to resign. Would nobody want to do that? I would. Would Anaheim, probably not. I'm just saying anyone is moveable at the right price.

Now, I'm not of the opinion that we should trade our few good prospects away for a better chance to win the Cup. Obviously if it was the perfect deal then yes, but I think we do need some good, young players who can hopefully keep us competitive once the Sedins are done. Otherwise we end up like Calgary. At this point I would rather hold on to our guys and see what we have. Can't really afford to get an even worse prospect pool. That said, as I mentioned, anyone is available if its the right deal.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#71 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

We don't have any "top prospects" to move?

#72 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

Gillis might trade a few secondary prospects but jensen, gaunce, corrado are not going any where, same with eddie lack hes injured recovering from hip surgerie and signed next yr on a one way nhl contract at 750k which for a back up saves us 3 to 4 mill depending on which starter we go with bobby or cory.
jensen might be the best talented sniper that sedins have played with. cant wait to see him on pp.
gaunce is hard nosed 2way 3line c hard to find.
corrado is all heart right anded dman no way he goes anywhere.

i could see connauton and sauve and shroeder being offered up in trades any other prospects have lilttle or no value.
as for trading picks only picks id offer in trades are 4th 5th 6th rounders. this draft is deep we will find a few jems to help with the talent poole on wolves.

#73 kamloopsblazers22

kamloopsblazers22

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

i wouldnt trade what everyone else said with alexandre mullet. Mullet is really good player that you guys got in the 2nd round. Only reason rimouski got to the Quebec final against saint john.

#74 Canuckfan1968

Canuckfan1968

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

For me, no player is untouchable. ANY player is available for the right deal. It just has to be the right deal. It has to be right for the team now and moving forward.

People saying they wouldn't move Jensen/Corrado/Kassian for anything are crazy. What if Anaheim called and said Perry was up for grabs for Jensen and Corrado? And he promised to resign. Would nobody want to do that? I would. Would Anaheim, probably not. I'm just saying anyone is moveable at the right price.

Now, I'm not of the opinion that we should trade our few good prospects away for a better chance to win the Cup. Obviously if it was the perfect deal then yes, but I think we do need some good, young players who can hopefully keep us competitive once the Sedins are done. Otherwise we end up like Calgary. At this point I would rather hold on to our guys and see what we have. Can't really afford to get an even worse prospect pool. That said, as I mentioned, anyone is available if its the right deal.

so you would trade our youth for perry because its the right deal how old is perry I am sure jensen has alot more upside and perry is just getting older how does that benefit us. I would rather have young stronger players the a guy aging.

#75 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

i wouldnt trade what everyone else said with alexandre mullet. Mullet is really good player that you guys got in the 2nd round. Only reason rimouski got to the Quebec final against saint john.

he reminds me a bit of burrows for some reason
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#76 CNKZfan

CNKZfan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

Jensen, Corrando,Schroeder, Gaunce are the players I WON'T trade maybe lack if we cant get a goalie

#77 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Most of those players aren't top prospects.

I wouldn't trade:

- Nicklas Jensen
- Jordan Schroeder
- Brendan Gaunce
- Frank Corrado

I would be willing to maybe move Lack since we have so much goaltending depth. But it would have to be a good offer that either brought back a very good prospect/young player or in a package to bring something that helps now.

And though I don't consider him quite on the level of these other guys (as our top prospects) I would also be willing to move Connaution.

I'd trade Schroeder in a heart beat to anyone dumb enough to make an offer - he is not an NHL player - he is barely an AHL player. He lacks a defining charcteristic other than his size - he is not especially fast, nor especially strong, not especially skilled, he doesn;t have great vision, doesn't make great passes, is not outstanding on the draw or a confining checker, he is not a brilliant play-maker, he is not exceptionally tough, nasty or courageous, he is not aggravating, he really excels at nothing except being small. It is the story of our AHL team - other than our injured tender, Lack, maybe Cannata (that can't win the job from Climie), and Andersson - there is really not much in Chicago. In fact, we don't even have a single prospect in the league's top fifty. That is the definition of a bare cupboard - which is what happens when you trade draft picks and your best prospects for nothing.

#78 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,212 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'd trade Schroeder in a heart beat to anyone dumb enough to make an offer - he is not an NHL player - he is barely an AHL player. He lacks a defining charcteristic other than his size - he is not especially fast, nor especially strong, not especially skilled, he doesn;t have great vision, doesn't make great passes, is not outstanding on the draw or a confining checker, he is not a brilliant play-maker, he is not exceptionally tough, nasty or courageous, he is not aggravating, he really excels at nothing except being small. It is the story of our AHL team - other than our injured tender, Lack, maybe Cannata (that can't win the job from Climie), and Andersson - there is really not much in Chicago. In fact, we don't even have a single prospect in the league's top fifty. That is the definition of a bare cupboard - which is what happens when you trade draft picks and your best prospects for nothing.

Zack Kassian and Chris Tanev graduated, and I am pretty sure Nick Jensen is probably in the top 50, or else an honourbale mention.

It's apparent to me by reading your comments on Schroeder, that you don't know a ton about him other than nitpicking part of his stint here.

I guess if this is the case with him, Cody Hodgson wasn't and NHLer and couldn't skate, couldn't pass, couldn't check and wasn't good on faceoffs, exc. exc. When he first played in the league and would should have traded him "to anyone dumb enough" before the 2011 playoffs.

zackass.png

#79 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

Don't trade Lack, we'll need him when Schneider gets traded!

#80 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

I'd like to get rid of Schroeder. Too damn small and not enough skill to compensate for it.

#81 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,514 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

We have no "top" prospects. Its that simple.

Schroeder IMO would be the easiest for me to trade. I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were to pull the trigger.

Jensen, Lack, Gaunce, Kassian, maybe even Corrado would be the only prospects I'd think twice about trading.

I still think Luongo and Schroeder for Versteeg and Bjugstad would be a very good trade for us.

Edited by mpt, 13 March 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#82 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

We don't have any to trade. Cupboard is more bare than when Nonis was here

^I was thinking how we could really use Patrick White right about now.

Wouldn't trade barring overpayment: Jensen, Corrado
Willing to trade: everyone else

Seriously, people need to stop getting married to their prospects. It ain't healthy.
Some people keep dreaming they'll blossom into the next star...haha dream on.

Edited by hockeywoot, 13 March 2013 - 05:17 AM.

#83 ridehard1212

ridehard1212

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

so you would trade our youth for perry because its the right deal how old is perry I am sure jensen has alot more upside and perry is just getting older how does that benefit us. I would rather have young stronger players the a guy aging.

Jensen has more upside then Perry? I am excited about Jensen, and it would be awesome if this came true. But Perry is only a few seasons removed from MVP and only 27.. biggest issue i see with Perry is the 8 million per he is probably going to get!
I dont give a rat arz about my spelling/grammer mistakes,get over it and up urs if it bothers u!!!!

#84 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Alright, Perry is 27 years old. Nowhere near old. And still has more productive seasons to come. He's a 50 goal scorer. Hart trophy winner. Saying Jensen has more potential is ludicrous. It Jensen comes anywhere near that production, it will have been an incredible pick for Gillis. Go do your homework.

You also missed the boat on the purpose my post. It doesn't matter whether or not we trade for Perry. That wasn't the point. I was trying to demonstrate that ANY player is available in the right deal. If it's not the right deal for the team you don't make the trade. That's the point. People saying "so-and-so" is untouchable are lying. Everyone is tradeable for the right return. Whether or not we get that return is another matter, and the reason why we speculate so much on possible deals.

Jeez, 13 year-olds need to get off these boards.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#85 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Jensen and Gaunce are our true "top prospects" Jensen played fantastic in the SEL amongst men and is pretty much a lock to make the team. Gaunce is looking more and more like he got drafted later than he should have.(cant believe we got him at 26th, wasn't he ranked like 15th?) Franchises need young guys coming up, we cant just rely on trades.

Lack is our only goalie prospect that looks to make the NHL, Cannata is good, but I think his ceiling is more AHL starter. who knows.

The reason I say Corrado should not be traded is for 2 reasons:
1. How much he improved in one year. Every draft has a few steals that turn into studs. Look at half of the wings stars. BMac loves him, he should have made team canada. He looks like he could be our future franchise D.
2. Even if he doesn't become an all-star he is right handed. I don't know the exact number but the ratio in the NHL is something like 1 in 5 defense men are right-handed. If he was a lefty I would say trade him for a big return but he is not. He makes Connauton, Sauve, McEneny(who may be a steal) expendable.

Although a lot of our prospects may be unappealing to other franchises I think Schroeder and Connauton could be packaged for something nice. We may have a pretty empty cupboard but a few other franchises are downright bare.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#86 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Please tell me who would want Rodin.

#87 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Not Jensen, Schroeder, Gaunce, Corrado, Connauton or Lack. Anyone else if they can get us someone who can help us win now Im all for it.

If the guys who are left aren't worth anything to you, what would be their worth to a GM - certainly not enough to bring back a helpful player in return.

#88 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

^I was thinking how we could really use Patrick White right about now.

Wouldn't trade barring overpayment: Jensen, Corrado
Willing to trade: everyone else

Seriously, people need to stop getting married to their prospects. It ain't healthy.
Some people keep dreaming they'll blossom into the next star...haha dream on.

"people need to stop getting married to their prospects. It ain't healthy.
Some people keep dreaming they'll blossom into the next star"

The reason we have so little in our system is because we followed your rule in the past. When we didn't follow your rule we produced Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Hansen, Schneider, the Sedins, and Raymond. Did I just describe the core of our team, oh jeez, of course, we could have had Hodgson and Grabner and whatever else the 3 firsts, five seconds, five thirds and five fourths would have brought us instead of the dreck we got for those picks since 2006.

#89 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

jensen/gaunce/ lack/corrado ....all the rest are fair game.

Nobody wants any of the rest lol. But I do agree, if we are trading prospects when we have 2 top 10 goalies in the league there's a serious issue with the management of this team.

Edited by Kulikov, 15 March 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#90 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

"people need to stop getting married to their prospects. It ain't healthy.
Some people keep dreaming they'll blossom into the next star"

The reason we have so little in our system is because we followed your rule in the past. When we didn't follow your rule we produced Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Hansen, Schneider, the Sedins, and Raymond. Did I just describe the core of our team, oh jeez, of course, we could have had Hodgson and Grabner and whatever else the 3 firsts, five seconds, five thirds and five fourths would have brought us instead of the dreck we got for those picks since 2006.

What rule?

I just stated that people should get over their obsession with prospects.

I'm not saying we SHOULD trade all prospects outside of Jensen,Corrado.
I would be open to the idea if it fetched a good return.

Gaunce for example is a solid prospect, but he isn't necessarily our player for the future.
I wouldn't thinking twice about moving him in a package for a young player or prospect with
a much higher upside.

Schroeder. I haven't written him off yet, but I don't think the team's future plans are 'built' around him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.