The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Which Top Prospect are you Willing to Trade**

carlweezer

Trading our prospects/ picks is the reason our hands are tied now and why MG has so many tough calls to make this offseason with our underachieving roster. We gave away Grabner and our 2010 first which could've potentially gotten us a very solid prospect (Quinton Howden, Brock Nelson, Justin Faulk, Emerson Etem, Charlie Coyle to name a few) for a 4.2 cap hit that sits in our press box and has us against the cap and the organization mishandled Hodgson who would be making more of an impact this year offensively for our team when we finally really need it, as opposed to Kassian, just to list the two most obvious gaffes. I just hope when we do move a goaltender the return makes up for the lost young talent we could've had on our roster right now so we have a bit of a future to look forward to when this heartless core of players we have is slowly dismantled in the next few years.

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

Anyone but Jensen, Gaunce, and Lack.

Under the *(reasonably) worse case scenario*:

- Jensen (offensive power/sniper; 3rd line)

- Gaunce (defensive two-way forward; on 3rd/4th line)

- Lack (backup NHL goaltender, or career AHL starter)

That said, I am confident Gaunce is capable of a centering the third line, and that Jensen will be an offensive contributor to some degree. That said, our other prospects incl. Schroeder aren't terrible, but definitely not 'invaluable' or must-keeps.

Ill put it this way I wouldn't trade Jensen, Corrodo, Lack or Gaunce. As I feel they all have something to add to this team. And I would add Schredder to the list if Raymond walks. With the Sedin's there is only room for one more small skill player in the top 6. I don't see Schredder ever being an Ideal 3/4 line player.

Booth/Jensen Kesler Schredder

Higgins Gaunce Kass

Plug Maxlap Hansen

I feel is the best future option for a bottom 9 unless a big move is made. ( personally I kinda hope a big move is made because there are better bottom 9's in the league.) If Schredder is part of a deal that makes us better up the middle I'm for it. Though I am a big fan of his. Even if he pans out as a legit top 6 player which I believe he will what he add's the the Canuck's top 6 might not be ideal as he will always need to be on the ice with skilled PF wingers to be effective, which are hard to come by. So for me it's Raymond or Schredder not both and though I love Schredder, Mayray I feel has the better career potential. ( I'm sure ill get flamed for that)

If you don't trade Jensen or Gaunce, you aren't getting anyone of consequence back. You have to give up value to get it in return, and even then sometimes you don't, considering how thoroughly Gillis has gotten fleeced in his last few trades. Mike Milbury is no longer an NHL GM.

Personally I want to see Nicklas Jensen in the NHL right now. There's no way he'd be worse than Zack Kassian.

Dp you really think we have a prospect that could bring the return required to make a difference to their play? We have pieces on the Canucks roster that are expendable. Like with the play of late, almost the entire defensive corps.

Archived