Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

**Which Top Prospect are you Willing to Trade**

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#91 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

We need all of them. Anybody outside of Gaunce/Jensen/Corrado would have almost zero trade value anyway. Even Schroeder would probably fetch only a 5th round pick
Sig too big.

#92 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

None. We need to start thinking of the future and preparing guys like Gaunce, Jensen, and Shroeder, and whoever we get in this year's draft to take over for guys like Kesler and the Sedins.

Edited by Canuck or Die, 16 March 2013 - 02:33 AM.

EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#93 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

No one is really untouchable. For the right package anyone can be traded. But the ones teams would have to overpay for are Corrado and Jensen.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#94 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

Yea lets get rid of our already thin prospect pool for some aging mid tier veteran whom AV can play favorites with. Yea great idea!!! I got a better idea, how about we get rid of our so called coach?

Oh damn you could be on to something there.

AV for Stamkos and a 2nd???????

#95 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

I could be persuaded to part with Kellan Tochkin for the right package of players and draft picks.

#96 kylecanuck

kylecanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

No one is really untouchable. For the right package anyone can be traded. But the ones teams would have to overpay for are Corrado and Jensen.

I agree that no one is untouchable other than the sedins on this team.

I would say Jensen, Tanev, kassian, Gaunce, and corrado are all on the side of overpayments need to be made to aquire.

I see Gaunce as being a second line C in our future, and see him passing Schroeder as soon as next year on the depth chart at C.

Kassian just has too many tangibles linking himself to this team and organization to be traded any time soon.

Jensen is our possible golden hands boy of the future with size and speed to go along. I see Jensen alongside Gaunce on that second line.

Tanev just looks like a stud out there, making every player he plays with look better. all while not missing a beat while being floated around the pairings.

Corrado is still a bit of a mystery to me but looks like he's got a lot of upside to his game. Would of like to see him make team Canada...

Everyone else is kinda low on the depth chart anyways so let them go
The children, wont someone please think of the children!!!

#97 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

None until the coach is fired.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#98 Day one

Day one

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

My response hasn't changed from when this was brought up a few days ago. Trading prospects is not the solution to the current problem. They will not bring a major impact player in return, and they won't help a coach who's lost the room. So, let's not race off and mortgage the future without at least attempting to address the real problem first.

"We tried to get more picks, but we just couldn’t do it."

Jim Benning

"It's a third round pick, but it's a very high third."

Trevor Linden

"You know, you can say a third round pick but in any third round there’s 30 picks in the third round and we got the sixth pick in the third round."

Trevor Linden

#99 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Depends on what they are being traded for. If we are talking the top 6 sniper we have always wanted of a super stud dman like weber, trade em all. If we are talking another borderline, lightning in a bottle, hope he can find his scoring touch here (yes, I'm looking at you Booth) then no thanks.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#100 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

My response hasn't changed from when this was brought up a few days ago. Trading prospects is not the solution to the current problem. They will not bring a major impact player in return, and they won't help a coach who's lost the room. So, let's not race off and mortgage the future without at least attempting to address the real problem first.

How the hell would you know if AV has lost the respect of his players ? :picard:

Cant stand people who make crap up to make a point , The only point you have made is you spew out what ever nonsense that first pops in your head before thinking
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#101 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

We should trade our top prospects for Sidney Crosby. I'm sure the Penguins would be thrilled with our top prospects.

Chopper-for-life-7-600x200.png

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#102 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

Jensen and Gaunce.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#103 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Corrado and Jensen don't trade. But Lack, Schroeder and Gaunce need good pieces to trade them. Tommernes actually looks to plan out as a crazy shut down guy.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.