#91 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

7uongo overrated on these boards.

Not even other teams will bother giving up major assets for his services.

Posted Image

#92 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

I guess Tony Espositto, Ron Hextal and Eddie Belfour (among others) were just "good" goalies.
Luongo still has many years left, Hasek didn't win a cup until the end of his...

Esposito - 1 Stanley cup (as backup in Montreal), Calder, 3 Vezinas.
Hextall - 1 Vezina, 1 Conn Smythe.
Belfour - 1 Stanley cup, Calder, 4 Jennings, 2 Vezinas,

Hasek with many awards and his first cup came 6 years before he retired for good.
So really there is no comparison between Luongo and the above named goaltenders. Aside from Hextall they are all multiple award winners, cup winners, and Hall of Famers.

#93 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

I suspect your reading comprehension needs a but of work... or a lot... But I'm convinced your anger management skills are at an all time low.

another pearl of wisdom from GHL

#94 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Let's review their last 4 games, shall we?

Schneider:
L, .875 save %, bad game.
OTL, .926 save %, great game
OTL, .933 save %, 28 stops, great game
W, .933 save %, 28 stops, great game
4 points.

7uongo:
L, Bellyflopping vs Calgary, .875 save %
L, Bellyflopping vs Detroit, .714 save %, lost the game. 8 GA, Ro8erto is washed up.
W, Easy SO, Nashville didn't even have a good scoring change.
OTL, Bellyflopping vs the Blues, .870 save %
3 points.

7ungo just bellyflops his way to losses every game, but 7uongo dick riders just love the taste of his chicken so they don't care if he loses the team every game he starts.

7ungo is WASHED UP.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

lol.. so it's only stats that matters at the end of the day.. great games? he let in some weak goals during those games.. but oh wait that's not his fault it was the defense. .933 save sure against some of the lowest scoring team? San Jose is the 2nd lowest and Columbus is the 4th lowest if you are going to hold the Nashville game against Luongo. If Luongo can have a shut out and be average by your standard.. then Schneider was only great against LA and the games against Phoneix, Columbus, San Jose was average at best.

#95 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Marty and the like don't constantly have meltdowns in games, and let in 8 goals in the stanley cup finals, and do this multiple times in every playoff run.

This is so simple, how can you not understand? Whether or not you want Luongo gone, you must be able to understand the reason many people do. Stop acting like it makes no sense.

edit : also pretty tired of this "He took us to the SCF game 7" BS. our team was stacked as hell then. If we didn't make it really deep or win the cup, then it's a disappointment, and it was.

He did the absolute furthest thing from putting the team on his back. He just managed to keep the number of meltdowns in net to a sustainable number to get us deep in the playoffs. (until the finals at least). that isn't even remotely the same as "him getting us to the stanley cup finals". almost any goalie would have "gotten us there" as well, with the team we had then.

Yup. A team that is "stacked as hell" could only score 8 goals in 7 games...

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#96 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Exactly. Stacked like pancakes, maybe.
Posted Image

#97 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Tim Thomas deserves a lot of credit for holding us to 8 goals.

#98 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Tim Thomas deserves a lot of credit for holding us to 8 goals.

That's definitely true. But if the team was "stacked as hell" (as the poster said) we would have been able to find a way to score. All good teams find ways to score, not to mention one that is "stacked as hell"

#99 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,031 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

"Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

............i would really miss posting that if he got traded!

#100 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

That's definitely true. But if the team was "stacked as hell" (as the poster said) we would have been able to find a way to score. All good teams find ways to score, not to mention one that is "stacked as hell"

You must be crazy to not think the Canucks team was stacked that year. There was not a better roster than the Canucks that year, not even the Bruins

Posted Image

#101 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

lol.. so it's only stats that matters at the end of the day.. great games? he let in some weak goals during those games.. but oh wait that's not his fault it was the defense. .933 save sure against some of the lowest scoring team? San Jose is the 2nd lowest and Columbus is the 4th lowest if you are going to hold the Nashville game against Luongo. If Luongo can have a shut out and be average by your standard.. then Schneider was only great against LA and the games against Phoneix, Columbus, San Jose was average at best.

Look at this 7uongo dick rider, facts hurt too much for him. Bellyflopping isn't effective goaltending.

#102 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

You must be crazy to not think the Canucks team was stacked that year. There was not a better roster than the Canucks that year, not even the Bruins

So explain why the "best roster in the NHL" only scored 8 goals in 7 games. Better yet, explain why the goalie who had 2 shutouts in that series is taking all the blame when the guys in front of him gave him no offensive support.

#103 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

So explain why the "best roster in the NHL" only scored 8 goals in 7 games. Better yet, explain why the goalie who had 2 shutouts in that series is taking all the blame when the guys in front of him gave him no offensive support.

Because there's something called going cold in sports. Hockey isn't about the best team who wins the cup, you can have the best roster and still lose. It's about who gets hot at the right time.

That is why you see so many underdogs do well in the playoffs.

Posted Image

#104 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Because there's something called going cold in sports. Hockey isn't about the best team who wins the cup, you can have the best roster and still lose. It's about who gets hot at the right time.

That is why you see so many underdogs do well in the playoffs.

So the forwards and defence are allowed to "go cold" in the playoffs when the game matters but Luongo has to stand on his head every single game or he loses his job. Okay I get it now. It all makes sense

#105 NV33

NV33

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

i agree with monkeydluffy
Spiderman YOU FOOL!
"I LOVE THE CANUCKS!"
"I WAS BORN A CANUCK AND I WILL DIE A CANUCK"

"We are all BANDWAGONERS"

#106 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

So the forwards and defence are allowed to "go cold" in the playoffs when the game matters but Luongo has to stand on his head every single game or he loses his job. Okay I get it now. It all makes sense

I'm guessing you didn't watch much of the playoffs. You must be a new fan

Did you see the goals that went in on Luongo during games that mattered? Most of them were off the rush snipes that Luongo should have had. I still remember Marchand coming down the wing. What a bad goal to give up.

You also don't remember that almost every single one of our defensemen were injured except 1. We had forwards playing back, and that messed up all the lines.

No one told Luongo to stand on his head, but if you're giving up 8 goals in the finals you're not giving your team a chance to even be in the game. 4 goals in under 10 mins?

With the way Thomas was playing, I wouldn't be surprised if the team's mood dropped.

Edited by Ṣpiderman, 11 March 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

#107 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Did you see the goals that went in on Luongo during games that mattered? Most of them were off the rush snipes that Luongo should have had. I still remember Marchand coming down the wing. What a bad goal to give up.

You also don't remember that almost every single one of our defensemen were injured except 1. We had forwards playing back, and that messed up all the lines.

No one told Luongo to stand on his head, but if you're giving up 8 goals in the finals you're not giving your team a chance to even be in the game. 4 goals in under 10 mins?

With the way Thomas was playing, I wouldn't be surprised if the team's mood dropped.

welcome to Vancouver, a place where fans would crucify a goalie when a team manage to get to game 7 with 8 goals in total.

I love it when people uses phase like ," in a game that matters." To them, every ???? game we lose are "games" that matters, and the games we won would somewhat translate into "well those aren't big games." and the most fuk up thing is they would use phases like this in playoff games where every single games matters.

Vancouver fan base.. sometimes I think they don't deserve to have a good team because they would just piss and stomp on them with every given chance.

#108 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

7uongo overrated on these boards.

Not even other teams will bother giving up major assets for his services.

Tell me more, Mike Gillis.
Posted Image

#109 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

First of all, if all our defencemen were injured except one then how was our roster "stacked as hell" and "best in the league"?

Next, Luongo let in goals when it mattered? Well, he also made numerous saves when it mattered. Patrick Sharp in OT, Weber breakaway and Bergeron from point blank ring a bell? Sure, Luongo had 3 terrible games and two okay games against Boston but he was also spectacular in two other games. Look for highlights from Game 5 in the SCF if you want.

Isn't it funny, Boston outscores Vancouver's series output in one single game but barely anyone blames the forwards for not scoring because Thomas was playing well. Okay, the team's mood probably dropped because they couldn't score on Thomas but that means they just leave their goalie out to dry? At least play decent defence if you can't score any goals...

I'm guessing that we all should expect Luongo to never feel discouraged even when your team isn't scoring. Let me remind everyone who forgot, Luongo would have needed to have 3 shutouts if the Canucks wanted a chance to win the game.

By the way, I have been a Canucks fan since 2000.

Edited by monkeydluffy, 11 March 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#110 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

That was just the start of what was coming

Posted Image

#111 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Let's review their last 4 games, shall we?

Schneider:
L, .875 save %, bad game.
OTL, .926 save %, great game
OTL, .933 save %, 28 stops, great game
W, .933 save %, 28 stops, great game
4 points.

7uongo:
L, Bellyflopping vs Calgary, .875 save %
L, Bellyflopping vs Detroit, .714 save %, lost the game. 8 GA, Ro8erto is washed up.
W, Easy SO, Nashville didn't even have a good scoring change.
OTL, Bellyflopping vs the Blues, .870 save %
3 points.

7ungo just bellyflops his way to losses every game, but 7uongo dick riders just love the taste of his chicken so they don't care if he loses the team every game he starts.

7ungo is WASHED UP.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

So what you're saying is, Schneider is washed up before his career really gets off the ground? Unlike Luongo, right?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#112 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

Look at this 7uongo dick rider, facts hurt too much for him. Bellyflopping isn't effective goaltending.

Strange, when Schneider does that, Schneider fan boys say that'e the only way he could try to make a save...

BTW, notice the difference between you and I?
You're posting like a hater and I'm posting with respect.

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#113 David Booth

David Booth

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR16WqB6aC8

not really. It was Ryder's goal that made game 4-0 in Game 3.

#114 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

How about show that 8 second youtube of all the goals the Canucks scored in the entire series?

Posted Image

#115 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

So what you're saying is, Schneider is washed up before his career really gets off the ground? Unlike Luongo, right?

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

Edited by Bossy, 11 March 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#116 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Are you mentally deficient?

Can you not have a mature conversation without attacking someone?

It doesn't matter if you lose by 1, 2, 4, 6 goals - all that matters is that you lost.
So stop trying to sugar coat Schneider's play - even he has said what he's done isn't good enough.

Both goalies have been average lately.
Overall for the season so far, Luongo has been marginally better and the stats prove it.

Posted Image

#117 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I have been a Canuck fan for 37 years and for years I lived with mediorce goaltending and dreams of the Canucks playing for the stanley cup. Back in 2006/7, along comes Luongo and wow, singlehandly pushed our team into the playoffs and was a rock in the Dallas playoff series especially in one of the longest playoff game ever to involve the Canucks. Back then, Luongo was regarded as a superstar as he alone gave the Canucks a chance to win every night.

Flash forward to 2013, after the Canucks have made the playoffs every year except for one. After division titles and presidents trophies that apparently no one cares about. After Gillis played with his mind and made him captain then teared it off his jersey. After Luongo won a gold medal, the jennings trophy, and after taking us within one game of the stanley cup. The media and us fans wants to run him out of town. Remember, he didn't ask for a trade and only said he wouldn't mind being moved if it was best for the team. Yes later he said it was time to move on but at that time, he thought he had played his last game for the Canucks

Luongo did collapse against Chicago but at the end of the day, Luongo made the stop on Patrick sharp and we finally beat the black hawks. In the cup finals, our offence couldn't produce, yet we made it to the 7th game of the finals. Who do you think got us there, Luongo of course.

With all that history, Luongo now has to share playing time with Schneider and is now considered a back up. Schneider is very good but he's still an unproven starter that hasn't won many titles everywhere he's played. Schneider has been given the chance this year and clearly the last few games shows he's not ready yet. Stop with all the nonsense about playing into a rhythm, Cory has been a back up and has played very well with minimal games the last two years.

One thing i don't' understand is that Marty Brodeur still plays for the devils, Miller still plays for the Sabres, Cam Ward still plays for the hurricanes, and Fleury still plays for the penguins. These are all elite goaltenders that can and have had off years in their career. We have Luongo, why do we want to run the best goaltender we've had out of town?

One point many fans have forgotten in my opinion is that this is Luongo's team, the core guys developed through the years that Luongo has been here.

With the way the team is playing infront of Schneider and the way Cory has been playing (last year, he made every save look easy. He looked like he wasn't moving between post to post. This year he's flopping around and losing his post and angles) Its time to give Luongo the starting job and let him run with it.

Yes Luongo was ventilated in Detroit but he's had his shares of bad games. Its time the Canucks get off their 'Schnieds' and give Luongo one last stand to lead the team he's back stopped the last 7 years. The core group deserves one last chance to run with Luongo, a shot at the playoffs and the stanley cup.

You are right, Lu does deserve better than what is happening.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#118 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Can you not have a mature conversation without attacking someone?

It doesn't matter if you lose by 1, 2, 4, 6 goals - all that matters is that you lost.
So stop trying to sugar coat Schneider's play - even he has said what he's done isn't good enough.

Both goalies have been average lately.
Overall for the season so far, Luongo has been marginally better and the stats prove it.

Stats work against you; sugar coating.

Stats work for you; proof.

Oh man you're stupid.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

#119 sandman44

sandman44

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

NOBODY expects the Canucks Inquisition.

Luongo has 3 last chan...he has 2
Last Chances.

Gillis, fetch the SOFT CUSHIONS...
"You understand Captain that this mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist."

Fade to Lack

...he took a face from the ancient gallery, and he walked on down the hall...

#120 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

I agree with what you've said and have been saying it for a long long time. Luongo has really been treated very poorly by our organization and many fans. For a guy that single handedly took us out of the gutter. Now we gave up on him and we are on our way right back down. All summer long this board had him traded away for a bag of pucks and Schneider was our new Patrick Roy. Kassian was the next bertuzzi and Kesler was going to do something. I don't know what Kesler was going to do but I'm sure it could be more than what he did in the playoffs right... Oh wait he's injured. At the moment I'm not happy in the direction we are going.

Been treated poorly by our organization?!?!?!?!?

Are you for real?

He's going to earn millions of dollars till he's retired and maybe after retirement under a ntc....ye sucks to be Lu as a part of one if the most "employee" conscious organizations in sports.

Edited by riffraff, 11 March 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.