Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

* * * * * 11 votes

Luongo and the last stand

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
210 replies to this topic

#211 Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,575 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

A part of me has always hoped for Lui to downright win his starting position back for the play-offs. If he goes on a tier of any sort, then maybe he'll stay with the organization. But with all the rumours and media attention that's surrounding him, it kind of seems like the trade is inevitable at this point, as unfortunate as it is.

I hope there's a way somehow we can keep him for longer. I've always thought Schneids would be much more valuable to trade, as he could fetch way more than Lui can and he doesn't have a brutal contract holding him back.

With the way the season has gone so far, I'm so relieved we still have Lui on our team. Many of those who thought transitioning into a starter role would be readily done by Schneids have been wrong, as he hasn't risen to our expectations just yet. Lui has shown how it's done for the most part of the season (Eeeks, Detroit game aside).

There would be nothing better than seeing Lui redeem himself in the play-offs after all these years than win a Cup in Vancouver. You couldn't paint a better picture than that.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.