The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Movement] Schroeder assigned to CHI

Strombone1

This thread was definately worth the read..... :lol:

Something needed to be done, and although bringing up Ebbet is hardly the answer any of us are looking for it is pretty much all we got at this point outside of a trade. The upside is Schroeder will get more meaningful icetime playing for the Wolves and hopefully this brings his game back together because lets face it...the experiment (at this point) has failed.

I'm not the biggest AV fan (haven't been since Chicago ousted us those 2 years in a row), but I do honestly think that he is just playing the hands we are dealt. Let's face it, we have a serious lack of prospects and the ones we do have are struggling or are just too green to help out the big club.

Gutcheck time. We are going to see what this team is really made of because I don't see alot of outside help coming until maybe trade deadline.

AV needs to go.

Please listen to the video posted of him addressing this move - Schroeder being sent down.

He effectively says that the reason Schroeder is being sent down is because he is an offensive player and really hasn't done much offensively since the first few games and that it will help him regain his confidence. Something to that effect, not verbatum but I am positive I captured the essence of what he was saying.

Questions I have are simple.

1. If he is an offensive player why is he playing on the fourth line - his actions contradict his words

2. How exactly does he expect an offensive player to produce, playing 4 minutes a game with Weise and Tostito?

3. Our team is struggling for offense, and in his own statement he said this kid was an offensive player yet he has him playing on the fourth line.

4. The kid lost confidence because he was not playing in the role he was drafted for and knows, playing offensively while respecting his own zone. Who placed him in a role he's not suited for? And thus helped damage that confidence?

This man really is lacking alot of intelligence and clearly just thinks he is right without actually thinking anymore.

The stupidity of what he said and the root causes are so blindingly obvious, he basically told the world, I am an idiot, but I like being an idiot so deal with it.

Well done AV, on the way of creating more animosity with our last young offensive center left. Starting to see CoHo's side of the coin now.

And he still isn't.

He is getting minutes with the best two wingers on the Buffalo team. There is room to say that he is being pulled along by them more than he is making a difference based on his own play. This is not to say that Hodgson isn't a talented player, but I would not consider him to be "superb".

And then there's the point to be made regarding "what if Hodgson hadn't been traded?" In Buffalo, Hodgson is playing with Vanek (13g 16a) and Pominville (9g 10a). Who would Hodgson's linemates be if he was still here? Hansen? Raymond? Very recently Booth returned. Maybe Schroeder? What would Hodgson's numbers be like in that sort of a situation?

I don't see the team being all that better. Hodgson would still be bad at face-offs. More often than not he would still be muscled off the puck. And Schroeder would still be sent down to Chicago because he couldn't fill the team needs at 3C... unless the team chose to move Schroeder to 2C and put Hodgson at 3C.

regards,

G.

I disagree, specifically with this quote

"Let's face it, we have a serious lack of prospects and the ones we do have are struggling or are just too green to help out the big club."

While agree we don't have much DEPTH in our prospect pool, the one's who are up can play. And its AV messing with them. I was in his court on Coho but I am starting to see Coho's side with the treatment of both Kassian and now Schroeder. Its like AV makes his mind up before he sees the kid play, complains to MG he needs more vets/trade and then bury's them on purpose to look like he's right to MG.

Example:

1. Take Kassian first, the kid worked like a dog in the offseason, got leaner, stronger, faster. Has close to a ppg in the AHL. He then comes out of the blocks like Cam Neely 2.0 and is moved off the Sedin line onto the 4th? Why? Because he's achieving more than AV thought he would and he was making AV look bad? Seriously, what other coach in the NHL would move a guy who's second in goals in the NHL after 7 games, a beast, hitting, fighting, dominating games to the 4th line? Who does that? Its pure stupidity. There is no plausible explanation for this. This is what the team was missing, this is what CoHo was traded for and he's doing it, and you bury him?

2. Schroeder, listen to AV's comments on this site/video. He says Schroeder is an offensive player, wasnt achieving / playing the same offensive game he started the season with and was losing confidence. Ok..so he starts the season pretty well. Plays well defensively on the second line, shows chemistry with MayRay and Hansen. He then starts getting some points 7-8 games in, and then what, he's on the 4th line centering weisse and volpatti and now tostito. So AV is his brilliance, says he isn't scoring, he's supposed to score after you take his ice from him, give him 4 mins a game with plugs? You put him on the point on an inept pp when he's better off the 1/2 boards? and then he says the kid lost his offensive confidence?

There is a point where MG has to start looking at AV and how he is DESTROYING TALENT on this team. His job is to get more out of players than even they think they have. All he seems to achieve is getting less.

He needs to go, its AV so I completely disagree with you.

Archived